Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight`s 2 million

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not shit stirring at all as I am sure that I have read it that he has been repaid most of his original investment. As many have said there is nothing to say that the Chairman must use his own money and there is nothing to say that other people cannot put in more. If you care to remember my biggest beef against DK originally, was that he didnt have sufficient money to carry as forward and was then told that he didnt need to have money. I think that he has done a very good job as chairman taking everything into account but why do people keep on about his money whether it be an abundance or lack of. Provided somebody on the board or close to it is keeping us a float does it matter who it is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not wishing to stir but I was under the impression that DK had been repaid most of his £2m and that it was other benefactors keeping us afloat.

According to my analysis DK is repaid £20,000 a year, so we will be rid of him in 2097

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to my analysis DK is repaid £20,000 a year, so we will be rid of him in 2097

Not many will see that then: but I would love to see the actual amounts that are owed to each person, will you be able to provide that?

If you are correct in your assumption then obviously my information is incorrect and I would offer my apologies for any embarrasmement that it may have caused.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not shit stirring at all as I am sure that I have read it that he has been repaid most of his original investment. As many have said there is nothing to say that the Chairman must use his own money and there is nothing to say that other people cannot put in more. If you care to remember my biggest beef against DK originally, was that he didnt have sufficient money to carry as forward and was then told that he didnt need to have money. I think that he has done a very good job as chairman taking everything into account but why do people keep on about his money whether it be an abundance or lack of. Provided somebody on the board or close to it is keeping us a float does it matter who it is.

True. Several people are keeping it afloat - and Dick is one of them.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
True. Several people are keeping it afloat - and Dick is one of them.
How is Dick keeping the club afloat? It certainly isn't his money doing it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not many will see that then: but I would love to see the actual amounts that are owed to each person, will you be able to provide that?

Probably not, but I'll obtain the parent company's accounts in the morning and see what I can find. Over £4 million comes under the heading ''other loans' which I suspect is from Bloom Jr, who is not on the board, and so the club does not have to disclose the source of the loan.

Another snippet from the accounts reveals that Derek Chapman's Adenstar Developments was paid over £700,000 in 2006 for ground development work.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Questions, could you please let me know about how these valuable share options work and how DK will make his fortune?

I assume that you would value them using the traditional methods, such as Black Scholes, Monte Carlo distribution or binomial, but every time I attempt to apply such a valuation method, the shares keep coming out at zero value.

If you have an alternative valuation I would be intrigued to hear about it, as I've not heard anything new from the places where I've taught it, such as Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, UBS, Credit Suisse, HBOS and a few others.

Alternatively, you could be talking complete bollocks.

There is always that possibility EP and it wouldn`t be the first time but seeing as I`ve just got back from the pub I shall have teach you about where you are going wrong tomorrow. You need to re-evaluate if you see only zero value on options/over investment debt and also you need to get out to the boozer more often.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

What is it you do for a living ?............. I mean your proper job.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is always that possibility EP and it wouldn`t be the first time but seeing as I`ve just got back from the pub I shall have teach you about where you are going wrong tomorrow. You need to re-evaluate if you see only zero value on options/over investment debt and also you need to get out to the boozer more often.

Cheers Q. Having seen the global f*** up that the people I have taught previously have made of the world's economy, I am willing to accept I have got my valuation models VERY wrong in the past. :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cheers Q. Having seen the global f*** up that the people I have taught previously have made of the world's economy, I am willing to accept I have got my valuation models VERY wrong in the past. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: night night

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
One of the notes to the accounts reveals that the club has over £18 million of trading losses available for tax purposes, but the board state that they cannot foresee a date when profitability will be achieved.

The auditors state that the club is technically insolvent, and is only trading due to the goodwill of the board.

This IS the state of football in this country, with even conference clubs paying wages they cannot afford, be very grateful there are people out there prepared to bankroll such a lame duck industry, which on evidence of friday night's match has employees who really don't deserve to be called 'professional' footballers. They should take a lesson from individuals like Chris Hoy, where YOU personally are responsible for winning or losing, stop hiding behind the team.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have just checked out the accounts for 2007, the tax losses now stand at £17.6 million of which the board, directly and indirectly through the holding company,are owed about £12 million. Trading losses were £2.8 million.

From what I can see, Dick Knight wrote off £250,000 of his loan during the year.

Wondered if you can clarify a couple of points El Pres.
It is just board members, not shareholders, that are owed £12M - ie any money put in (loaned) by Tony Bloom, Norman Cook etc is not included in this figure although part of the overall £17.6M?
There was a £30M convertible loan note facility set up earlier this year which presumably might enable these loans to be converted into shares at some point?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wondered if you can clarify a couple of points El Pres.
It is just board members, not shareholders, that are owed £12M - ie any money put in (loaned) by Tony Bloom, Norman Cook etc is not included in this figure although part of the overall £17.6M?
There was a £30M convertible loan note facility set up earlier this year which presumably might enable these loans to be converted into shares at some point?

From what I can see, board members are only DIRECTLY owed about £400k. £6.7 million is owed to Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Limited (up from £5.3 million) , which is owned by DK, Derek Chapman, and Ray Bloom, but the accounts do not show the breakdown of the shareholding. Another £5.9 million (up from £4.3 million) is classified as 'other loans', which I suspect is from Bloom Junior.

One director was paid £108,000 (up from £98,000 the previous year). I suspect this is MP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here