Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight - Piss off

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What about these outside investors that I hear so much about, Gareth. Surely we shouldtake advantageand get some decent players in. Dick can't cope and he knows it.

Unfortunately, it makes absolutely no business sense for any serious "outside investor" to invest in the club until Falmer is confirmed.

We need to hope that once Falmer is confirmed, then the outside sponsorship/investment will follow..................Catch 22 applies.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
think its a bit early for the panic stages just yet.

Mcghee;s building for the future - he isnt signing old players he's signing young talented players and players who have a pont to prove - currie.

this season is going to be one hell of a struggle but i have a feeling we may well make it if the team and the fans keep the faith.

so cheer up u miserable sod, and get a grip!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
king Wombat said:

so cheer up u miserable sod, and get a grip!

I have got a grip, it's those that trust DK blindly that need to have a look at themselves.

What has he actually done constructively for this club? Eh?

Thing is if we go down we might not go straight back up again like last time, this promotion/relegation yo yo-ing has to stop eventually! It's imperative we consolidate (sp?) our place in Division 1 ready for when Falmer comes.

I blame postmodernism, everyone's a joker these days. :nono: :nono: :nono: A bit of sympathy please for those who can't keep up. :jester:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and perhaps even a touch of admiration for those who manage to do it so well, like FG, Ernest etc... it's not easy being a clown! :jester:

Gareth Glover said:
The club is not a viable proposition at Withdean with 6500 crowds and the restriction in revenue. We will always make a loss for ever. Who in all seriousness if going to invest in a business that is guaranteed to make a loss ?.

Ther's a chap living near Blackburn who's got a record of investing six figure sums in loss making football clubs, perhaps we should give him a ring?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
DK should have signed Nathan Ellington at the same time as Bobby Zamora. I said it at the time. Not enough dosh, apparently.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
FamilyGuy said:
Unfortunately, it makes absolutely no business sense for any serious "outside investor" to invest in the club until Falmer is confirmed.

We need to hope that once Falmer is confirmed, then the outside sponsorship/investment will follow..................Catch 22 applies.

I never agreed with this and I still don't. It would be like buying a pub with a lot of customers and not enough space to accommodate them.

If you think you could get planning permission to build a new pub with more room, you could reap the rewards.

Trouble is if the current owner did not want to sell, thinks he can do better with his investment plans ......

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Dick Knight saved the club, that's what he did.

If there was anybody else stupid enough to want to put money in, they would have done so by now.

Dick is a legend and I hope he does not read this board to see idiotic threads by somebody from whom we expect better.

I know of a group of businessmen who wanted to invest £2 million but basically wanted to run the club. Sounds like carpet bagging to me. I would be suspicious of anyone who wanted control of the club at a time like this. These people are not looking to pump money into the club, they are looking to invest it with an eye to getting back more than their investment.

Don't ask me for names because I don't know them. But my dad found out from talking to one of them who he knows through work - he's worth a few bob and has his fingers in many pies.

Sorry to drag this thread back to real life issues! :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GUNTER said:

Dick is a legend and I hope he does not read this board to see idiotic threads by somebody from whom we expect better.

He probably does and I would imagine as Chairman of BHA he has a sense of humour. God knows he needs one in this job.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How much is the Albion worth?

If Everton is worth £20 million (which seems cheap).

This year, I would say the value is more like £7 million.

£2 million just buys in 28% and would be OK for a seat or two on the Board, but not for control.

£2 million is peanuts anyway. Not that I could raise that sort of dosh. I tried. Not completely out of the question though if I tried harder. Wouldn't be my money though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here