Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight in today's Argus

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No it isn't he is full of shite.

Winging that the Club are no linger run like a village hall committee as it was under him.

He should remember that he only has any shares, and is not a laughing stock, becuase Tony Bloom came up with the cash to keep the club afloat for his final years "in charge", and build Falmer. Tight never had the money to build Falmer sorted, as we now know.

Maybe he will also resign his title of President, if he does not like what is going on!

Yay, it's NSC's Mr Angry! 'Tis lovely to see your recent absence hasn't taken away any of your kindness & appreciation of all things Albion. :lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dick Knight will ALWAYS be BHAFC's greatest ever Chairman for me and that is all I want to add to the debate.

Come on, you can't just say that. Why do you think he was the best ever Chairman? Because he's the only one you knew personally?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yay, it's NSC's Mr Angry! 'Tis lovely to see your recent absence hasn't taken away any of your kindness & appreciation of all things Albion. :lolol:

Angry? Well, only at those who show little respect for what Tony Bloom has done for our Club, and will continue to do in the future.

I am actually a very very happy man. No more Poyet, and Village Hall Tight is no longer involved in my Club. Happy days, and "I told you so"!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Angry? Well, only at those who show little respect for what Tony Bloom has done for our Club, and will continue to do in the future.

I am actually a very very happy man. No more Poyet, and Village Hall Tight is no longer involved in my Club. Happy days, and "I told you so"!
No-one is denying Knight isn't as wealthy as Bloom and most of us agree that perhaps he stayed too long.

But he saved the club we support - it is really that simple. Therefore, where the fück does your near comical bitterness come from?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No-one is denying Knight isn't as wealthy as Bloom and most of us agree that perhaps he stayed too long.

But he saved the club we support - it is really that simple. Therefore, where the fück does your near comical bitterness come from?

Because he contains less brain than an actual pork pie?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Just out of interest, what do you think 'Tight' (hahahaha) should have done differently? Were there numerous very wealthy investors queuing up to take the club forward that he was turning away?

Also, why are you happy when we've just given the manager's job to another foreigner who will continue to play this brand of football that you don't understand? Surely you should be quite the opposite?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I take it your good mate's stepped down from his Life President position too then?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Maybe it's just me but...at a time when the club is clearly behaving in a much more autocratic and dictatorial way, seeking to control aspects seen previously way beyond its remit (like the ticket exchange on here, for example), as well as playing fairly fast and loose with employment procedures at the risk of surrendering good-will, threatening these silly writs etc etc etc, and all for the sake of squeezing the last financial pip dry, under the catch-all excuse of this under-explained FFP....then it's absolutely VITAL that someone, anyone exists to cast a critical eye over them and provide something of a reality check. Doing so does not mean they're just embittered.

Despite what the club's more desperate sycophants on here might argue, they're not perfect or flawless, nor IMHO does having coughed up all that dosh for the ground make every subsequent action beyond question or scrutiny. Good on Uncle Dick for speaking up. I hope he continues to. It's important.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Who has shown disrespect to Tony Bloom? Um, no-one - that will be it.

In your altered states of being, talking warmly about Dick Tight is exactly the same as having a pop at Tony Bloom; it's the way your diseased mind works.

Anyway, seeing as we're not returning to the lump it anti-football you so wantonly crave any time soon, I'll repeat the earlier question - how do you feel about the Catalan Oscar Garica being the gaffer?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
No it isn't he is full of shite.

Winging that the Club are no linger run like a village hall committee as it was under him.

He should remember that he only has any shares, and is not a laughing stock, becuase Tony Bloom came up with the cash to keep the club afloat for his final years "in charge", and build Falmer. Tight never had the money to build Falmer sorted, as we now know.

Maybe he will also resign his title of President, if he does not like what is going on!

Horse shit.

Dick Knight will never be a laughing stock, because without what he did in 1997 you and I would - more as likely - not have a club to support any more.

I am not saying - by any means - that the guy is perfect. Some of the decisions he made when Chair could have been better. But he's only human. So is Tony Bloom!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No-one is denying Knight isn't as wealthy as Bloom and most of us agree that perhaps he stayed too long

Tony Bloom didn't want to take over until the planning permission had been sorted out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Quite right. DK doesn't know what he may or may not have done. If/when he is fully exonerated then this is more relevant. Though I agree about the emotional blackmail stuff, if cleared I'd be more concerned how a long-standing servant had been treated than what the AITC missed out on.

Maybe he does know, or thinks he knows. But shouldn't comment while an investigation is going on.

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Dick knight. Legend. Can say what he wants in my opinion, has the right, saved the club from extinction and reckon his bit in
The Argus, is spot on,

agree they treated Charlie terribly, another long servant, and on his testimonial year too. Shameful really, no class

Dick knight thank you, you are a legend in my eyes

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dick Knight and Tony Bloom are both club legends, for different reasons.

I wish they could both acknowledge that. Sadly, there's about as much chance of that happening as of some of my other wishes coming true. Although I'm not giving up on Suranne Jones completely ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dick Knight and Tony Bloom are both club legends, for different reasons.

I wish they could both acknowledge that. Sadly, there's about as much chance of that happening as of some of my other wishes coming true. Although I'm not giving up on Suranne Jones and the jar of Bramble Jelly completely ...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just as it all seems to be getting sorted, Tight goes and sticks his oar in. Nothing to do with the fact he has got a book coming out I suppose. Bit rich really coming from a bloke who offered tanks of petrol into contracts and held meetings at the Little Chef. Mr Bloom has spent more money on one transfer fee than Tight spent in his whole time as chairman. Dick's place in Albion history is not in question, but he has had his day in the sun. For all those who say we would not be here without him, the same could be said about Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here