Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dick knight has to go with wilkins!

Sep 15, 2006
Todays performance, the fact that some of our main players are leaving in January, our attendences are at their lowest for years, and the lack of investment he is turning down as it has to be on his terms, shows knight has taken us as far as we can go.
This view is shared by many I spoke to at the game today. wilkins is a lapdog to knight, and the lack of a plan b was totally exposed today. The performance shows how much of the dressing room he has lost, with players sick and tired of being messed around by this regeime, in terms of their contracts.
Give us some concrete answers knight, for example in plain English where are the finances coming from for the stadium. Will it put us into so much debt that it will be a white elephant. What else will it be used for? The brighton centre is being totally refurbished to accommadate larger audiences, we have the beach as a natural stage for larger gigs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Haw Haw lives.

Todays performance, the fact that some of our main players are leaving in January, our attendences are at their lowest for years, and the lack of investment he is turning down as it has to be on his terms, shows knight has taken us as far as we can go.
This view is shared by many I spoke to at the game today. wilkins is a lapdog to knight, and the lack of a plan b was totally exposed today. The performance shows how much of the dressing room he has lost, with players sick and tired of being messed around by this regeime, in terms of their contracts.
Give us some concrete answers knight, for example in plain English where are the finances coming from for the stadium. Will it put us into so much debt that it will be a white elephant. What else will it be used for? The brighton centre is being totally refurbished to accommadate larger audiences, we have the beach as a natural stage for larger gigs.

Don't know about plain English-regular English would be a start for you.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
:nono:

What a load of BOLLOCKS.

We're currently 11th in the 2nd Division,alot better than where we would be without Knight. We have a game in hand over everyone above us before the play offs,which a win in that game would take us to 7th I believe.

Wilkins got it wrong today but to be honest I can't complain with the season so far,we've lost 3 in our last 18 games and today was just an off day,which we should just forget and get on with season.

And when you say some of our main players are leaving in January,who is leaving that you can be 100% sure of? O'Callaghan obviously hasn't got the contract he'd anticipated and out of frustration has said on the radio that there is a uncertainty in the changing room over contract negotiations. Thats the way I saw it anyhow.

What an over reaction!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I guess we could borrow loads of money and buy players, fail to be able to pay it back, go into administration and maybe get relegated. That would be best for Brighton for sure.

Exactly. Some people on here have not learnt from the experience of a number of teams in our league e.g Luton. They spent heavily on wages in the summer and look at them now at the bottom of the league and in administration.

Sep 15, 2006
I guess we could borrow loads of money and buy players, fail to be able to pay it back, go into administration and maybe get relegated. That would be best for Brighton for sure.

There is a balance to be struck.

Crowds of 5000 home fans in div.1. in a stadium that holds far more shows the fans have either had enough, or aren't there in the first place, or they would be there supporting their club.
There were conference games today that got bigger crowds than we get ffs.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Your views may have some merit. However, your intention has always been, and always will be, to see the demise of Brighton and Hove Albion.
Now be a good fellow, and replace your dick in Anne De Vechii,s (or Melanie Cuttress,s.....whichever one you,re with) mouth and leave the debating to those of us who care about the Albion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Einstein, Archer needed to go, but the only one who was keen was Dick Knight. Would you care to point me in the direction of a chairman and investor that is willing to takeover a money pit?

As for Wilkins, he is learning and has improved greatly on last season. At the moment the trend is upwards and you would still want him sacked? :dunce: Not to mention that he is highly regarded in the football circles. Genius! Or at least, you got some of the reaction you wanted. Enjoy the rest of your christmas you ****. :)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Plainly we are treading water waiting for the new stadium and the added impetus we are hoping for.

Plainly,we are trying to live within our means,and that means loans,frees,smallish (I would imagine) salaries,and a low profile manager.

But times change,and hopefully for the better,and it is interesting to reflect that of the 22 teams in Div 1 at the end of the 82/3 season when we got relegated only 10 are in the Premiership.One is in the current league 2.

Be patient.(And I don't mean we'll soon be in L2)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
QUOTE=withdeanwombat;2245807]Plainly we are treading water waiting for the new stadium and the added impetus we are hoping for.

Plainly,we are trying to live within our means,and that means loans,frees,smallish (I would imagine) salaries,and a low profile manager.

But times change,and hopefully for the better,and it is interesting to reflect that of the 22 teams in Div 1 at the end of the 82/3 season when we got relegated only 10 are in the Premiership.One is in the current league 2.

Be patient.(And I don't mean we'll soon be in L2)[/QUOTE]
:clap:

Why do some Brighton fans need to reminded every hour that we've been punching well above our weight for over a decade and with every passing year it simply gets tougher?:angry: Until we get to Falmer and then the whole picture will change.

Yoda

English & European
There is a balance to be struck.

Crowds of 5000 home fans in div.1. in a stadium that holds far more shows the fans have either had enough, or aren't there in the first place, or they would be there supporting their club.
There were conference games today that got bigger crowds than we get ffs.

Or b. Have had enough paying through the roof (if we had one) for the privilege of sitting in the worst ground in the top 6 levels of the English League. :rolleyes:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No more bloody moaning threads PLEASE. One bad game and they all come out the woodwork. All we need is Uncle S and byf and it will be a complete moanfest.

One really bad game and it's all doom and gloom on here. f*** sake people.

KEEP THE FAITH.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Or b. Have had enough paying through the roof (if we had one) for the privilege of sitting in the worst ground in the top 6 levels of the English League. :rolleyes:

Sadly...very true indeed. My main worry, is that we wont have a fan base by the time Falmer gets built........that is of course if it,s ever built.Nobody will invest £50 million pounds to a team surviving on 3-4000 gates....!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here