Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Appreciation Evening - DETAILS

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
So five of us can travel from Cheshire and only three people can make it from the whole of south-east England ???

If we don't get a sudden upswell in demand I think it might be a tad embarrassing, perhaps we shall have to consider making his presentation before a match or something instead.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i think whatever your views on the rights and wrongs, I still think the treatment of Dean Wilkins and the Mickey Adams affair has left a bad taste in people's mouth!

Just an opinion like!

Glad to see that a single managerial appointment ranks higher with some people than saving the club and delivering Falmer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Glad to see that a single managerial appointment ranks higher with some people than saving the club and delivering Falmer.

its all opinions young Kieron, all opinions.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd say it's more about the fact that there is a HUGH game of cricket that day at the County Ground.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Also in any threads on here about food or restaurants in Brighton Donatellos always receives a number of bad reports, more so than any other restaurant, so £25 for a poor meal wont appeal to many.

In this instance, I wouldn't normally disagree.

However, last year they pulled out the stops, and served us with some decent nosh - so they CAN do it. I would like to think they would at least try to do the same this year.

Also, I've been to functions where it's been £55 a head, and the food is appallingly inedible. But even then, that's not the central point. It's about saying thanks to Dick for his efforts.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Also in any threads on here about food or restaurants in Brighton Donatellos always receives a number of bad reports, more so than any other restaurant, so £25 for a poor meal wont appeal to many.

Seems very harsh, we're not travelling down from Manchester for food, we come in search of DICK.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So five of us can travel from Cheshire and only three people can make it from the whole of south-east England ???

If we don't get a sudden upswell in demand I think it might be a tad embarrassing, perhaps we shall have to consider making his presentation before a match or something instead.

It looks like everyone feels like me about the man. Thanks for the first couple of years - now i'm glad to see the back of you Dick!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It looks like everyone feels like me about the man. Thanks for the first couple of years - now i'm glad to see the back of you Dick!

Fair enough, persinally I liked the back to back titles, play off winners, three seasons in the Championship and the prospect of playing at Falmer, but if it isn't good enough for you, fair enough.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think the massive response to the Dick Knight gift appeal shows the real level of feelings towards the great man. Dinners are not for everyone, but the spontaneous show of gratitude via the donations makes a pretty cogent argument for his popularity.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think the massive response to the Dick Knight gift appeal shows the real level of feelings towards the great man. Dinners are not for everyone, but the spontaneous show of gratitude via the donations makes a pretty cogent argument for his popularity.

Quite. Indeed, we've still got a couple of hundred quid left over for additional gifts.

More suggestions are welcome.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

Utter shite.

The amount of people that have given ( remember nobody had to, as we're hidden behind a keyboard ) towards the pressie refutes that, and this board only represents a minority of Albion supporters.

Imagine if they had put collection buckets all around Withdean, tens of thousands would have gone in.

I'm personally not going because I don't like the restauraunt, and because of the essence of the anonyminity of this board, won't really know anyone, but I chipped in because I'll always be gratefull to Dick for saving OUR club.

If he wasn't around at the time, I honestly think that would have been that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My tickets arrived today, Viva Presidente !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here