Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Appreciation Evening - DETAILS

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Im looking in to coming along, with one or two others. Is there an age limit? i.e under 16's?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Me, Im 15 and just left school (last proper exam was today :D) and my mate dale who is 16. Maybe my dad.

Nothing like an 8 year old or anything... just some events i have wanted to go to have rejected me for my age.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'm Sorry, the farther just informed me that i can't go due to his sodding birthday. :( im gutted.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I asked him earlier today, he is skint and that i should say its a gift idea to my mum. I told my mum, i have the perfect gift a chance to see a legend. No. Its the last birthday of his when we are all living together before the divorce happens. Blah blah blah. :mad:

Im so gutted. Even if i could go, my mate doesn't have any cash either, and i only pull 12 quid a week for a paper round so i can't pay for both of us. I will continue to pester my mother, but i now doubt it can go.

Gah! :( if anything changes, you will be first to know!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I asked him earlier today, he is skint and that i should say its a gift idea to my mum. I told my mum, i have the perfect gift a chance to see a legend. No. Its the last birthday of his when we are all living together before the divorce happens. Blah blah blah. :mad:

Im so gutted. Even if i could go, my mate doesn't have any cash either, and i only pull 12 quid a week for a paper round so i can't pay for both of us. I will continue to pester my mother, but i now doubt it can go.

Gah! :( if anything changes, you will be first to know!

That's probably a little bit more than we wanted to know.

Keep us posted anyway, with possibly a little less detail...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i think ill take a rain check on this one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Three cheques on their way to you

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So... any more? So far, we have a total of EIGHT bookings - and five were from one person.

Looks like it's going to be a quiet one.

I wonder if this is a reflection of the current hard times or who this is for ?

Take your pick.......................

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bit of both really.

Personally I think that people are saving up for holidays etc and also I never really found DK a particularily personable bloke. Nice enough chap, but noty one that it was terribly easy to have a conversation with.....whereas Guy was the total opposite.

i think whatever your views on the rights and wrongs, I still think the treatment of Dean Wilkins and the Mickey Adams affair has left a bad taste in people's mouth!

Just an opinion like!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I still think the treatment of Dean Wilkins and the Mickey Adams affair has left a bad taste in people's mouth!

I think this may well be one of the issues, now if this was for retiring Malcolm......................

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I never really found DK a particularily personable bloke. Nice enough chap, but noty one that it was terribly easy to have a conversation with

:ohmy:

Must say I've always found the exact opposite. Anytime our little group has made the mistake of engaging DK in conversation, at race days or in hospitality or the like, it's been near-impossible to shake the bugger off for about an hour. That man would win gold for Team UK if conversing with fans ever became recognised as an Olympic sport :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here