Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Appreciation Evening - DETAILS

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Remember that thing we did for Guy Butters last summer? We’re doing the same again this year - this time for our erstwhile Chairman as a token of appreciation for his work over the past dozen or so years at the club.

To that end, we will be holding a fans’ Dick Knight Appreciation Evening at Donatello’s, 1 Brighton Place, Brighton on Sunday July 5th at 6pm.

We will be presenting the gift(s) to Dick which will be part funded by your booking, and part funded by the money Bozza has been collecting on behalf from those who have donated to the Dick Knight gift fund. Incidentally, (sensible) suggestions are still welcome as to what would be appropriate to give to him. We’re probably looking at over £1,000 to spend on Mr President.

Costs will be £25 per head, which gets you a three-course meal (a wider choice of what was available last year) plus a half bottle of house wine OR two bottles of beer. Bookings will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Numbers are extremely limited - only 75 this time. Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of payment. Children are welcome, but there will be no reduction in the price.

For further information on how to book your place, PM me your name and email address, and I will send out the booking information. A handful of places have already been sold, so you will have to be quick.

Last year’s shindig was good fun, so hoperfully we can have more of the same this year.

See you there?

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Sounds great. Shame I can't make it. Please can someone take some pictures and then post them on here?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A truly clique-tastic night of licking awaits.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
No, we can't. I understand the cricket is a 10.45am start.

However, if it's an issue for some, I can move the start time back in the evening a bit.

Let me know.

Yes, I think a 7pm start would be much better for anyone planning on attending both. Obviously it's not gonna be a dinner jacket type affair but I presume there's no real dress code seeing as I won't have time to head home after the cricket?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do we know what Dick is interested in...other than saving football clubs...a sum like that could get you a fairly serious piece of artwork, something tasteful to hang up in Knight Towers!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Do we know what Dick is interested in...other than saving football clubs...a sum like that could get you a fairly serious piece of artwork, something tasteful to hang up in Knight Towers!

Hmm, would it be enough to get something commissioned? Perhaps a painting of the stadium as it'll look in a couple of years or something like that?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Sounds like it's going to be a great evening - shame I am flying off to Lefkas that day (well it's not a shame at all but you know what I mean)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some people want to attend both the cricket and the evening.

I've just spoken to Sue at Donatello's, and she said they are monumentally busy that evening, so we'll keep to the 6pm booking, but if people want to come along for 6.30pm (acknowledging that not everyone would necessarily eat at the same time), that would be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here