Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DeVecchi Celebrates

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

The Large One said:
On the subject of people losing it, Ann de Vecchi... oops, better not saying anything just yet.

Watch this space in about a couple of weeks... ;)

Oh come on - give us a clue. We could do with some good news at the moment!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Re: Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

dcseagull said:
Oh come on - give us a clue. We could do with some good news at the moment!

Oh, please tell me she's being impeached under some ancient law, or that there's some scandal worthy of resignation brewing..

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

e77 said:
Are you the first person to use the phrase 'live in lover' since the 1970s?
Probably but I can't stand the pc "partner". I could have used the 1950s "fancy man" or the neutral "companion". I like the expression as it reminds me of The Sunday People in its pomp.
Like a lot of snooty women DeVecchi likes a bit of rough when it comes to rutting.

sparkie said:
Could be done I reckon. Depends on the view of the people in Lewes Priory wrt de Vecchie's 'performance'

Votes last time:

LEWES PRIORY [top 3 qualify]
Ann de Vecchi-Hopper LD 1,166
John Webber LD 989
Christina O'Keefe Ind 952
Carole Borowski LD 896
Graham Mayhew C 633
David Tufnell C 536
Clive Shorthouse C 434
Stephen Watts Lab 377
Johnny Denis Grn 320
John Tan Grn 261
Anne Sawyer Lab 250
Trevor Hopper Lab 241

Problem is, of course, to kick de Vecchie off, 3 people need to beat her.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Those are interesting results - from 2003 - in de Vecchi's ward.

Christina (actually, everyone calls her Ruth) O'Keefe topped the poll in the 2005 County Council elections as an independant - beating Lib Dem candidate Mrs Norman Baker.

Which proves that de Vecchi's party is hardly a guaranteed winner.

Graham Mayhew (Con in 2003, Independant before that, Lib Dem before that, and Labour to start with) has a big personal vote.

Steve Watts (Lab) is a huge Albion supporter (and an NSC member!)

But - to win in a local council election - you really have to live in the ward. That's why Carol Borowski (from Newhaven) was the Lib Dem who lost out, despite being one of the most decent Lib Dems I've ever met.

I don't live in Lewes Priory - so don't look to me. The only realistic chance of actually unseating Cruella de V is to put up someone who has the time to fight her in her local neighbourhood. That's how Ruth O'Keefe did it.

Last edited:

mona said:
Her live-in lover is going to get away with beating up an Argus photographer.
From the Argus:-

Alleged attacker will not be prosecuted

by Kate Morrison

Lawyers have decided to take no action against a former policeman alleged to have assaulted a photographer.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) yesterday announced it would not bring any criminal prosecution against David Freeman, the long-term partner of Lewes District Council leader Ann de Vecchi.

Freelance photographer Eddie Mitchell, 40, said Mr Freeman attacked him in December last year when he called at Coun de Vecchi's Lewes home with a reporter from The Argus.

Mr Mitchell claimed Mr Freeman assaulted him in his car, damaged the door of the vehicle and punched him, leaving him with a small cut under his eye and bruises.

He said he has had to buy a new car as he feared he would become uninsurable if he claimed the damage on insurance.

He said: "We have got pictures of the assault so we have evidence, and there was a witness. It's unbelievable.

"I'm just absolutely devastated. All we did was ask if his partner was in. I don't see how that deserves me getting a kicking and costing me £1,000.

"I'm worried about this setting a precedent. If people think they can attack photographers doing their job."

The alleged incident happened when Mr Mitchell and a reporter from The Argus called to speak to Coun de Vecchi about the council's decision to challenge plan for Brighton and Hove Albion's stadium in Falmer.

Mr Mitchell said Mr Freeman answered the door and said he could not say whether or not Coun de Vecchi was at home.

Mr Freeman is said to have told the reporter: "Leave, before I cut your b******s off," and then ran at the photographer's car.

Mr Mitchell said he would refer the case to the head of the Sussex CPS and take it further if the same decision was then made. Mr Mitchell is also taking advice as to whether he has sufficient evidence to bring a civil action and win damages for assault or negligence.

A CPS spokesman said: "After careful consideration of all the evidence, including witness statements and photographic evidence, by a senior crown prosecutor, we gave the police our advice that there is insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction."

Mr Freeman served with Sussex Police for 25 years. He was Chief Superintendent of the North Downs division from 1987 until his retirement in 1990.

After retiring he acted as treasurer of the Sixth Lewes Sea Scouts. He did not wish to comment on the CPS decision.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said: "Sussex Police has been investigating an allegation of assault that happened on December 6, 2005, outside an address in Southover High Street, Lewes.

"The papers were submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration.

Their decision is that no further action is to be taken."

A spokesman for the National Union of Journalists said: "Any photographer who is carrying out their job with the public should be protected.

"I find it strange that with the amount of accumulated evidence available the CPS is not going ahead with the case."

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
According to BBC news tonight, our Hero Prescott, is thinking of not having local elections in 2007. This is because he is thinking of reorganising local government and abolishing one tier, probably district councils. So, there may never be a chance to throw out the Lib Dems in Lewes. :nono:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The fact that an ex-policeman is not being prosceuted has the smell of Masonic connections behind the sceens.

Perhaps we are fighting greater and darker forces, than we first thought.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
simonsimon said:
The fact that an ex-policeman is not being prosceuted has the smell of Masonic connections behind the sceens.

Perhaps we are fighting greater and darker forces, than we first thought.
Something tells me that it would be amusing to help fund Mr Mitchell's legal fight to bring this thug to justice. The more misery and grief we can bring DeVecchi the better. She really deserves it.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Sion Jenkin's Father worked for the ex owner of Kwik Fit, Tom Farmer, who has funded much of his defense and bail costs.

Probably another example of Masonic Rule.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

The Large One said:
On the subject of people losing it, Ann de Vecchi... oops, better not saying anything just yet.

Watch this space in about a couple of weeks... ;)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hope it's going to hurt, de Vecchi

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Votes last time:

LEWES PRIORY [top 3 qualify]

David Tufnell C 536 VOTE FOR HIM - GOOD NAME
Clive Shorthouse C 434 VOTE FOR HER - COMEDY NAME

Anne Sawyer Lab 250 VOTE FOR HER - LIKED TOM SAWYER BOOKS

There you go....these are the three people to beat the witch.

BURN HER

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

The Large One said:
I fear not. :(

When I say losing it, I mean losing the plot, and we are talking way, way, way off the silly 'McGhee has the lost the plot' scale. You'll find out next week.

This sounds like another one of those...." I am the NSC clique and I know something you all dont moments..."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
chip said:
To be fair, someone bashing a journalist is hardly a crime is it?

you are not suggesting someone could twat London Irish and not be charged?

Uncle Buck, are you reading this?

Dandyman

In London village.
Lord Bracknell said:
Those are interesting results - from 2003 - in de Vecchi's ward.

Christina (actually, everyone calls her Ruth) O'Keefe topped the poll in the 2005 County Council elections as an independant - beating Lib Dem candidate Mrs Norman Baker.

Which proves that de Vecchi's party is hardly a guaranteed winner.

Graham Mayhew (Con in 2003, Independant before that, Lib Dem before that, and Labour to start with) has a big personal vote.

Steve Watts (Lab) is a huge Albion supporter (and an NSC member!)

But - to win in a local council election - you really have to live in the ward. That's why Carol Borowski (from Newhaven) was the Lib Dem who lost out, despite being one of the most decent Lib Dems I've ever met.

I don't live in Lewes Priory - so don't look to me. The only realistic chance of actually unseating Cruella de V is to put up someone who has the time to fight her in her local neighbourhood. That's how Ruth O'Keefe did it.

Vote O'Keefe (who is a good councillor anyway). Mayhew is a self serving twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here