Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam irritated by 'Stand up if you hate Palace'

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Reading the Article in the Argus its not just about the song, he saying he wants us to stop hating palace W.T.F.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Agree with des. I deliberately sit down. I don't really care about palace as long as they are crap and below us, like now. I like Murray and wish he was playing for us. I think we should show that we're sporting and clap our opponents etc etc. Brighton is probably the best place to live in the uk, so it would be a generous gesture. After all, as I thought on my trip home from the Bristol Match, you could live in Croydon.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a moronic chant, but due to many people standing up, I am also forced into standing up :thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
To be fair to des he is getting on abit now , he doesn't want to keep standing up every time its sung does he ( plays havoc with his knees ) He much prefers that dirge " AAAAAAALLLLLLLBBBBBBIIIIIOOOOOONNNNN " At least he can stay seated while belting it out with gusto .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Des is right. The whole Palace thing is boring now and he's also right we have too many negative chants instead of getting behind our own team. Nothing to do with his age.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lack of songs? That just isn't true.

We have plenty of songs, the NSK just want to create some kind of stupid 'ultras' type atmosphere and don't sing the old traditional songs that everyone can get involved with.

Maybe they don't know them?

Also, the NSK are a group of about 20 teenagers in the top corner of the stand. Is it only up to them to start songs then? Anyone else is free to do so, if they so desire. The NSK would be pretty easily drowned out if the rest of the stand started singing.

Chaps, with respect what you're saying is bollocks.

I'm nothing to do with NSK and never will be, but I stand in that corner of the North and it's mostly the traditional songs that are sung, in fact I haven't heard any of them start ultras style songs for the last few games. Alot of people join in at the back, but the front half of the N1A is quite mixed with a fair number of old people/kids, as I imagine WSU is so not everyone gets going.

I agree with commander on one point, if people want a better atmosphere then they need to stand up and be counted and make an effort to start songs and join in, rather than moan at others for not being good enough. But in reality the sad fact is that a high proportion of our support are happy clappers, bobble hats and old people who aren't interested and are probably the types moaning on this thread.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Just read the whole thread and i think we should not sing any songs that anyone objects to.

Below is a list of the songs and chants that are liked by everyone.

:shrug:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Many view points on this subject and this, of course, is only mine.

The 'Stand up if you hate Palace' thing is, to my mind, absolutely pointless as ,frankly, what does it achieve (other than obscuring the view of the person behind). I personally don't stand up

Like the opposing GK thing, it is something which achieves nothing.

These are two things which are frankly kids' stuff AND which opposing teams, in their own format, are most likely going to use against our Goalkeeper, our players, ie. Oh it's Albion remember we have got to abuse their GK etc.

If someone can clarify what the point is I will be pleased to know.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
Agree completely with Des and the majority on this thread who hate that particular song. When it was sung at the Wrexham game, the Wrexham fans immediately answered it with 'Stand up if you love Wrexham'. Instant moral victory to them, showing us what we should be doing, supporting Brighton. I dont give a shit about Palace and dont waste my breath singing about them.

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Des: 'Nothing irritates me more at home Albion matches than having to listen to that banal chant of "Stand up if you hate Palace"

We have wonderful supporters - the best in the country in my opinion bearing in mind what we have all been through in recent years.

We should show how sporting we are'

Let's kick that dreadful chant into touch

Argus

Yes Wondersful "Supporters" who floods the exits when the tough gets going, and Best in the country.....:O :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Seriously, this is the most CU*TY thread I've read on here in a long time. The silly thing is that most of the song police on here are probably the ones who don't join in anyway.

It was mentioned on the Liz costa thread yesterday, there is a real nasty attitude amongst some Albion fans of "you're in the wrong if you don't support the team in the same way as me" I've got no problem if people want to just sit there and watch the football, don't whinge at me for making a bit of noise, letting off some steam and enjoying myself.

"B B B B B B But, but, but, but, but, but it's banal and moronic" f*** OFF, FFS it's just a football song, it is what it is and it's not supposed to be thought provoking or a lyrical masterpiece. I'm glad it's moronic and banal, perhaps I want to spend a few minutes every weekend being moronic and banal, why? I don't know, mabye just because I can.

Noise and volume is the most important thing about getting behind the team, not words and meaning. That dale cavase song is one of the best examples of this. No words and no relevance to any club, but watch that video on youtube and try and tell me that's not getting behind the team.

Some people need to live and let live, pull your heads out of your arses and stop whinging at others for enjoying themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here