Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derek Chapman has a swipe at DK

D

Deleted member 2719

I have said before and i will say it again, Dick is overrated.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ok, I was planning to let the biscuit dunking thing go after Not Andy Naylor's last post in response to mine, but since both you, ROSM, and Hungry Joe have both responded further, I feel compelled to comment further on the revelation that TB dunks.

Hungry Joe is obviously a heathen. Any person who claims not to like dunking their biscuits is clearly either a liar or so deluded that he should in fact be supporting another team; perhaps one propping up the PL. His opinions on this and any other topic can now safely be ignored. In fact, he might just be the first person to be put on my official ignore list.

I think both you, ROSM, and Not Andy Naylor have missed the critical point in your analyses. Yes, it's possibly true that Azure did not provide Rich Tea for dunking, but, I ask you, who was Chairman of the club at the time, huh? Do you not think that if TB had said to Azure "I dunk. It must be Rich Tea." that Rich Tea would have been provided? Hmmm?

No, TB showed shocking dereliction of duty in not ensuring that Rich Tea were available. I only hope that he doesn't run Board meetings in such a shoddy way.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I just knew it would cause deep divisions in NSC. How right I was...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A great night at the Ropetackle. A near full house listening to the great man.

DK loves our club and has concerns where it is heading. He provides an intelligent and thoughtful analysis. And has earned the right to a platform.

All this 'bitterness' talk is as suspected - the sound of axes being ground.

Is it professional to threaten Bozza & Lord Bracknell with legal action for postings on Nsc?
I'm not sure; what was in the posts?
Clearly the posts content were removed and cannot be repeated.

It's fair to say that a libelous allegation was made by someone about somebody else, and the target of the slur pointed out the legal position, and required the post content to be deleted.

I remember one of the posts in question - a blatant statement of fact about someone's character - so quite reasonable to insist it was removed, at the end of the day it shouldn't have been posted in the first place.
My posts were certainly NOT removed or deleted.

And it's NOT fair to say that "a libelous allegation was made by someone about somebody else, and the target of the slur pointed out the legal position, and required the post content to be deleted".

What happened was that I received a roundabout message from someone in the Club to the effect that I was posting "libelous comments about the Gus Poyet/Paul Barber relationship" and that "the board are now very close to running out of patience."

What I had said (and am happy to repeat now) is that the breakdown in the Poyet/Barber relationship occurred long before the end of last season and that this made it inevitable that Poyet would leave.

Any suggestion that this is "libelous" is laughable.

My understanding is that Tony Bloom's version of the breakdown in Poyet's relationship with the Club (and its timing) is not very different.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
My posts were certainly NOT removed or deleted.

And it's NOT fair to say that "a libelous allegation was made by someone about somebody else, and the target of the slur pointed out the legal position, and required the post content to be deleted".

What happened was that I received a roundabout message from someone in the Club to the effect that I was posting "libelous comments about the Gus Poyet/Paul Barber relationship" and that "the board are now very close to running out of patience."

What I had said (and am happy to repeat now) is that the breakdown in the Poyet/Barber relationship occurred long before the end of last season and that this made it inevitable that Poyet would leave.

Any suggestion that this is "libelous" is laughable.

My understanding is that Tony Bloom's version of the breakdown in Poyet's relationship with the Club (and its timing) is not very different.

As clarified, my comment quoted was not about your posts, but about a post which I read before it was heavily edited where a poster stated 3 times that ( person x ) is a ( derogitory statement ).

It was clear libel and the post can no longer be read as originally written on NSC.

zego

Jul 10, 2003

I am glad to hear you say this - from a distance it has increasingly felt to me that Gus had lost some spark in a way that was difficult to explain given how successful he had been playing his part in turning round the teams ability to succeed. I have never felt that it was the man that changed, given the trajectory of his career, and more and more likely to be the change in his freedom to pursue his plan of action to develop a more successful team than we have seen for years.

I also think the squad was rattled and dismayed by the changes in the management hierarchy. I hardly recognised the side that played in the home leg of the play-offs, compared to the side that I had seen playing in away games within my travel range in the North.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am glad to hear you say this - from a distance it has increasingly felt to me that Gus had lost some spark in a way that was difficult to explain given how successful he had been playing his part in turning round the teams ability to succeed. I have never felt that it was the man that changed, given the trajectory of his career, and more and more likely to be the change in his freedom to pursue his plan of action to develop a more successful team than we have seen for years.

I also think the squad was rattled and dismayed by the changes in the management hierarchy. I hardly recognised the side that played in the home leg of the play-offs, compared to the side that I had seen playing in away games within my travel range in the North.

What a load of rubbish. Reading between the lines you seem to be putting all the blame on a change behind the scenes and more likely the arrival of Paul Barber. GP threw his toys out of the pram because his previous blank cheque book had been taken away. That 'freedom' you describe was being funded by TB. Perhaps you have an insider with regard to your perception that the squad was rattled by the management hierarchy but isn't it more likely they were affected by the stories that GP was leaving at the end of the season whether we went up or not?

I expect a coach to coach a team within the budget available and not get involved with the administration of the club off field.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

What are you taking about? We were superb the second half of the season, we were the second best team in the division. The last few games we destroyed Blackpool at home, took Leeds apart at Elland Road, sent Wolves down without breaking sweat and then held the team who eventually won promotion to the Premier League on their own patch without conceding a goal. Then we played one bad game and it was over. I agree that the Barber / Gus issue was simmering long before that, but to say it effected our performances is on the pitch is nonsense, it quite clearly didn't.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dick Knight should forever go down as an Albion legend, no doubt about it. But he is coming across like a bitter ex wife, who saved someone from the brink of despair 15 years ago. Nursed them back to some sort of health and got them back on their feet. The marriage ended with a little bad blood, but she could see he had out grown her and fell for someone else, who he could go onto bigger and better things with....Now years later she see him with a lovely house, fast cars and flash holidays and is jealous beyond belief, because she somehow thinks she deserves more than a Christmas card and a polite hello, despite having years of nothing but praise and respect from everyone.

Excellent analogy.

A great night at the Ropetackle. A near full house listening to the great man.

DK loves our club and has concerns where it is heading. He provides an intelligent and thoughtful analysis. And has earned the right to a platform.

All this 'bitterness' talk is as suspected - the sound of axes being ground.

Is it bollocks. In a decade on NSC I've never said a word against DK. We are all his debt. His current actions DO have an air of bitterness about them though, whether you want that or not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Excellent analogy.

Is it bollocks. In a decade on NSC I've never said a word against DK. We are all his debt. His current actions DO have an air of bitterness about them though, whether you want that or not.

When you read the book or talk to DK, you will realise that there is no bitterness. Disappointment, yes, but not bitterness. Several posters said the same thing yesterday, and now Dick Knights Mumm has seen it for himself. Don't be so quick to write off other's opinions as bollocks!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When you read the book or talk to DK, you will realise that there is no bitterness. Disappointment, yes, but not bitterness. Several posters said the same thing yesterday, and now Dick Knights Mumm has seen it for himself. Don't be so quick to write off other's opinions as bollocks!

Stop and have a little think. DKM is the one who has made presumptions about others' opinions, not me. What DK has done, and written looks bitter. Nothing you or any other loyal fans say or write will ever change that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stop and have a little think. DKM is the one who has made presumptions about others' opinions, not me. What DK has done, and written looks bitter. Nothing you or any other loyal fans say or write will ever change that.

Only a little think?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I have to agree with you and not DKM with this one. What possible reason is there for ANYONE to have an axe to grind with DK? There are people who have met him and not been impressed with the way he talks to them, but then I know people who are as equally underwhelmed after meeting Peter Ward. It doesn't mean those people don't respect these guys for what they've done for the club. Personally, I'm just saying it as I see it, and he comes across as bitter to me. kevtherev's analogy works pretty well from where I'm sitting, unfortunately.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I have to agree with you and not DKM with this one. What possible reason is there for ANYONE to have an axe to grind with DK? There are people who have met him and not been impressed with the way he talks to them, but then I know people who are as equally underwhelmed after meeting Peter Ward. It doesn't mean those people don't respect these guys for what they've done for the club. Personally, I'm just saying it as I see it, and he comes across as bitter to me. kevtherev's analogy works pretty well from where I'm sitting, unfortunately.

Having read the book, I don't see the bitterness. Having read the Argus extracts, I do.

As for kev's analogy. Any husband who behaved like that would get stick from mutual friends and outsiders. I don't see TB getting (or deserving) that criticism

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Having read the book, I don't see the bitterness. Having read the Argus extracts, I do.

As for kev's analogy. Any husband who behaved like that would get stick from mutual friends and outsiders. I don't see TB getting (or deserving) that criticism
Read it again. The husband is the club, and TB is the new wife.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Read it again. The husband is the club, and TB is the new wife.

Sorry I meant to say Husband and new wife getting stick.

But i don't want to turn this thread into one of those awful bite back tracks where someone releases a song and then another person releases one to answer it back (e.g. Billie Jean)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here