Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depression!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Depression has no respect for money or social class.:nono:

This. As a sufferer it can strike when you think you've cracked it and it doesn't matter who you are, what you do. With depression, you can be a multi-millionaire and the best at what you do but there will always be a part of you, fighting with you and continually whispering in your ear 'you. are. not. good. enough.'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...If he is depressed, which I doubt. Playing football week in week out should be a god send to him, not a distraction.

Why do you doubt it? It doesn't matter what you do, whether it be picking up litter or all the trappings of a professional sportsman. Depression can hit anyone.

Surely you would know that, you had a month off work.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If he really is suffering from depression then I wish him a speedy recovery.

It's very much maligned but misunderstood, as the Shamen once sang

I dont think you ever recover from Depression or associated illnesses. With the correct treatment you just manage them better as life goes on. Mental illness takes different forms which are sadly not understood fully by a large majority.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why do you doubt it? It doesn't matter what you do, whether it be picking up litter or all the trappings of a professional sportsman. Depression can hit anyone.

Surely you would know that, you had a month off work.

I doubt it because he seemed well enough six months ago. Maybe the depression came on when we triggered the clause in his contract. He didn't appear to depressed when he was twirling his shirt around his head....Look all joking aside, I know depression is a serious business. But come on, it's one thing after the other with this joker. I can't believe some people are still defending him. If he starts 10 games for the Albion this season, I will put my missuses stockings and suspenders on and tie myself to a lamp post in Kemp Town on a Friday night...lol.....There, that should get him back on the pitch in time for the Leeds game!!!

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
This.......and before anybody says I'm a wanker and it's kevtherev again....I've suffered from depression twice in my life, month off work, tablets and then get on with your job. Being depressed with a job is bad enough, being depressed without one is even worse. If he is depressed, which I doubt. Playing football week in week out should be a god send to him, not a distraction.

Wow. What an utterly ridiculous post.

D

Deleted member 2719

I doubt it because he seemed well enough six months ago. Maybe the depression came on when we triggered the clause in his contract. He didn't appear to depressed when he was twirling his shirt around his head....Look all joking aside, I know depression is a serious business. But come on, it's one thing after the other with this joker. I can't believe some people are still defending him. If he starts 10 games for the Albion this season, I will put my missuses stockings and suspenders on and tie myself to a lamp post in Kemp Town on a Friday night...lol.....There, that should get him back on the pitch in time for the Leeds game!!!

Please Vicente just ten games.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I dont think you ever recover from Depression or associated illnesses. With the correct treatment you just manage them better as life goes on. Mental illness takes different forms which are sadly not understood fully by a large majority.

My personal experience suggests that you can recover, but defo get what you are saying.

Slowly mental illness is becoming more understood and moving into the mainstream. It will take time tho.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
This.......and before anybody says I'm a wanker and it's kevtherev again....I've suffered from depression twice in my life, month off work, tablets and then get on with your job. Being depressed with a job is bad enough, being depressed without one is even worse. If he is depressed, which I doubt. Playing football week in week out should be a god send to him, not a distraction.

You're an idiot with zero understanding of depression.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
for someone who has gone through depression i know how his mind could work, so if he is suffering then we need to give him as much time as possible to recover

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
With all due respect, Kev the rev, there are varying degrees of clinical depression. Some people are completely incapacitated. The fact that you were still able to do all the things you say you did, indicates that you were very fortunate. I have no idea what is affecting Vicente or what is causing it, and for that reason, wouldn't dream of making any unfounded accusations.

If he does suffer from depression, then I hope he recovers quickly, but doesn't try to come back before he is up to it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yeah ok, whatever you say. My doctor would disagree with you. But then unlike most(not all) on here, iv'e lived it and through it and with it. Not read about it in a f***ing book or watched it on Jeremy Kyle.

So you more than anyone should be able to appreciate that it is completely different for everyone and no-one has the same symptoms/issues. Whilst i appreciate what you may have gone through, you're sounding a bit like a prat trying to brush off what others finding debilitating and for some, life ending.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
btw, I've suffered several bouts of clinical depression throughout my life, and it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy; which is why I find it hard to believe that someone who has also experienced some form of this illness could talk so flippantly about someone else's suffering.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Yeah ok, whatever you say. My doctor would disagree with you. But then unlike most(not all) on here, iv'e lived it and through it and with it. Not read about it in a f***ing book or watched it on Jeremy Kyle.

Really pleased you came through it and hope it never comes back but please don't judge everyone by your own experience! Depression affects all of us in different ways, some live with it and fight it every day, others like you have developed strategies that we could all learn from but don't judge! you of all people should know that!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So you more than anyone should be able to appreciate that it is completely different for everyone and no-one has the same symptoms/issues. Whilst i appreciate what you may have gone through, you're sounding a bit like a prat trying to brush off what others finding debilitating and for some, life ending.

Look, I know all that and half the stuff I said was tongue in cheek. I know it's no laughing matter, end of so let's put that to bed....I just don't buy it with Vicente, in fact I don't buy anything with Vicente. It's one thing after another. If we had not enforced the clause would he be depressed now or would he be happy playing in Spain?...Who knows for sure, but I know what I would put my money on....and quite what the other members of the squad make of it all god only knows....This whole saga has been a joke from day one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here