Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depression!

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Some threads are suggesting that Vicente is suffering from depression! it doesn't matter how much you earn or how successful you are, depression can strike anyone and at any time, without warning. If Vicente is suffering from depression then we need to lay off him!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Some threads are suggesting that Vicente is suffering from depression! it doesn't matter how much you earn or how successful you are, depression can strike anyone and at any time, without warning. If Vicente is suffering from depression then we need to lay off him!

Too right. Depression can strike anyone in the same way if you cut anyone they bleed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Him not playing is giving me depression.

Sadly flippant comments like this show just how much depression is not understood. I know you will be joking but in general society does think it is this simple.

I can see why he would be. He was adored by millions, one of the best players in Europe and now what? Yes we love him but from the highs he had it must be very hard having the lows.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Sadly flippant comments like this show just how much depression is not understood. I know you will be joking but in general society does think it is this simple.

I can see why he would be. He was adored by millions, one of the best players in Europe and now what? Yes we love him but from the highs he had it must be very hard having the lows.
Brilliant response

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
He is not depressed. He is pissed off that we enforced the second season of his conract, after assurances this wouldn't happen. He is now quietly sitting out the season, until the last five or so games, where he will declare his fitness, come back into the side, turn it right on, and then get a fairly lucrative contract with a club that keeps its word :smile:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I can understand him being depressed if there has been a loss i.e wife, house, business or a death but other wise surely it's just feeling sorry for yourself.
He needs to see someone having a tough life and then he may get a real sense of perspective on things.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can understand him being depressed if there has been a loss i.e wife, house, business or a death but other wise surely it's just feeling sorry for yourself.
He needs to see someone having a tough life and then he may get a real sense of perspective on things.

Again no understanding of depression. It is a chemical imbalance which is not the same as feeling sorry for yourself.

I think I am going to duck out of this but before I do I suggest you read Marcus trescothick's excellent book.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is not depressed. He is pissed off that we enforced the second season of his conract, after assurances this wouldn't happen. He is now quietly sitting out the season, until the last five or so games, where he will declare his fitness, come back into the side, turn it right on, and then get a fairly lucrative contract with a club that keeps its word :smile:

This.......and before anybody says I'm a wanker and it's kevtherev again....I've suffered from depression twice in my life, month off work, tablets and then get on with your job. Being depressed with a job is bad enough, being depressed without one is even worse. If he is depressed, which I doubt. Playing football week in week out should be a god send to him, not a distraction.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're a wanker, it's just kevthe...
Oh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With respect Kev, not all depression is equal. I will not judge what's happened to you, but depression is not the same for everyone. Some will get through it without much pain, for others it will completely destroy their life, and logic (like having a good job, family, friends) is often irrelevant.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
After Vicente put the ball square on Barnes head at Swindon and the ball hit the post from the corner, I was suffering from depression.

It did not get any better watching the lowlights of the Leicester game especially the wasted long shot by Macca near the end.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
With respect Kev, not all depression is equal. I will not judge what's happened to you, but depression is not the same for everyone. Some will get through it without much pain, for others it will completely destroy their life, and logic (like having a good job, family, friends) is often irrelevant.

I realise this, but one thing that all doctors prescribe is to go and do what you enjoy doing. If Vicente does not enjoy playing football, then we are really f***ed and he should just retire from the game. Would you not agree???.....I took a month off work and went horse racing, to the footie, went to watch the Open championship. I had a great time, although I was still depressed...Still had to go back to work though, that's life i'm afraid. If he is long term depressed we should terminate his contract, as any employer would do after a period of time.....But that's probably what he wants.

Nov 27, 2009
This.......and before anybody says I'm a wanker and it's kevtherev again....I've suffered from depression twice in my life, month off work, tablets and then get on with your job. Being depressed with a job is bad enough, being depressed without one is even worse. If he is depressed, which I doubt. Playing football week in week out should be a god send to him, not a distraction.

If you are serious with that answer than you have not truely suffered from depression. Just because he has a job you believe most would die for, that doesn't make him any different from a man living on the streets.

Depression has no respect for money or social class.:nono:

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

With respect you read the biography of Robert Enke who was keeper for Hannover 96, Benfica & at the time of jumping in front of a train
was vying to be number 1 for Germany at 2010 world cup...playing football, being an accountant, or a salesman, a student it doesnt matter.
ps do read the book its an amazing book & a great insight

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If you are serious with that answer than you have not truely suffered from depression. Just because he has a job you believe most would die for, that doesn't make him any different from a man living on the streets.

Depression has no respect for money or social class.:nono:

With respect, don't tell me what I have and what I haven't been through in my life, you haven't got a clue!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
If he really is suffering from depression then I wish him a speedy recovery.

It's very much maligned but misunderstood, as the Shamen once sang

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here