Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise.... does anyone want him?!?!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
If he comes in and starts winning then Albion fans would soon love him.

Besides, it's always fun to have a pantomime villain on your own side and there'd be loads of "Go on Wisey!" from Albion fans when games got heated and the dwarf-like one started going mental at any/all of the opposing support/manager/players(s), not to mention match officials.

:thumbsup: :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Exactly. Wise with Poyet wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world no matter what you think of him as a bloke.

would need to be the both of them together.......wonder how many ppl would be moaning about him if he turned things around and took us up......does it matter if you dont like the bloke...i cant stand him as a person but would support him if he came here and done a good job. I really liked Slade, Adams Wilkins and Magee too but didnt really help did it.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The ONLY person I can think of who I'd MAYBE want here LESS than Wise, is John Gregory.

Or maybe Slobodan Milosevic...

I agree with your sentiments on Wise and Gregory, but wouldn't old Slobo keep the team on its toes? :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he did a good job for us. I couldn't give a flying f*** about anything else. His history isn't that different to Oatway's and we love him.

How many convictions for violence does Oatway have then?

How many sleeping team-mates has a drunken Oatway put in casualty in need of reconstructive surgery?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Best candidate for the job IMO.

Can't understand why people hate him so much. In his playing career how many times did he play against us?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
no thanks.

If he gets the job he'll get my support because i'm a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion, but part of me will always dislike his reputation as a player, and his(perceived) persona

He won't get my support. The TEAM still would, though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wise chose KEN BATES as Godfather to his children, FFS. What more do you people need?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
no thanks.

If he gets the job he'll get my support because i'm a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion, but part of me will always dislike his reputation as a player, and his(perceived) persona
So tell me what his repuation was as a player?

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
If he comes in and starts winning then Albion fans would soon love him.

Agree with you there Bozza. If he were to get a winning; fighting spirit going in the team like the Wimbledon days then he could become a cult hero. The sort of never say die attitude that Cullip and Oatway had is what I mean.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure how you would manage that Mr Clode?

The Albion Score..you jump around, punching the air, hugging those close to you shouting 'Wise out, Wise out!'

Much like 50% of the 'faithful' while Wilkins was in charge then?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't understand the hate for Wise. Football fans traditionally love to have a hated player. So surely with him at the helm it would be brilliant.

He has a great track record as a manager , can attract good players and would command some respect. Would I think be the right man to install the them and us mentality as under Wilkins and Slade we ahve gone soft and likeable

And one other thing, he has no previous strong links with the Scum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here