Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Denmark v England

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone else looking forward to the big match tonight??

Denmark are always tough opponents and should provide some really stern opposition in the next game of Englands brave new era. I am backing the boys to avenge their last game in Denmark which resulted in an undeserved 4-1 defeat.

Come on boys, you can do it!!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Not particularly looking forward to it as these friendlies are usually pretty tedious affairs but will be watching out of some stupid sense of duty and loyalty.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm about as excited as I was about taking a dump this morning.

Actually that's a bit unfair, I do look forward to a good dump.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not looking forward to it in the slightest. I would much rather they used these games for the purpose they were intended, i.e. to try something different and/or to get the players to gel in a match situation. Unfortunately the media won't allow us to say "look, if we don't win this one it doesn't matter, as long as we get some useful stuff out of it to go forward into competitive games" ... oh, no, if we lose to anyone, friendly or not, the media jump up and down like the world is ending so we have to pander to their childlike behaviour.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC's massive anti England fan base out in force already - well done all.

Must admit friendlies aren't the same as the qualifiers (where we've lost one out of about 15) and it is annoying that clubs take the piss by making out players are injured etc... But still COME ON ENGLAND :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem is, after the catastrophic World Cup the pressure will now be off the players for the next year or so, so they will probably go back to dicking teams in qualifying, which will then in turn, you guessed it, raise expectations...

The cycle begins again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think excited is probably the wrong word.

"Largely indifferent but its better than Corrie I suppose", would be my angle.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No, not looking forward to it. Having Lampard as captain should be interesting though, at least I might actually notice him for once when he steps up to do the coin toss.

Cue, Lampard hatrick :smile:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
NSC's massive anti England fan base out in force already - well done all.

Must admit friendlies aren't the same as the qualifiers (where we've lost one out of about 15) and it is annoying that clubs take the piss by making out players are injured etc... But still COME ON ENGLAND :)

Are you surpised? The state of English football is shocking and it's only going to get worse, I don't think the WC was the low point.

The fact is we're not very good, and looking at players coming through we're only going to get worse in the short term. It is all very disheartening. Who do we have to replace the perennial failures that played their part in Summer, there just aren't that many English players that can compete the top level anymore

And the Fifa ranking is an absolute joke. A quarter final finish at the Euros will be an achievement as there are more than four teams in Europe who are better than us. Meeting Spain in the early stages would be an embaressment as they would ruin us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are you surpised? The state of English football is shocking and it's only going to get worse, I don't think the WC was the low point.

The fact is we're not very good, and looking at players coming through we're only going to get worse in the short term. It is all very disheartening. Who do we have to replace the perennial failures that played their part in Summer, there just aren't that many English players that can compete the top level anymore

And the Fifa ranking is an absolute joke. A quarter final finish at the Euros will be an achievement as there are more than four teams in Europe who are better than us. Meeting Spain in the early stages would be an embaressment as they would ruin us.

Nah I agree with you - the FA and the Premier League really do kill our chances - not to mention the 'English' media.

It's such a shame but yes as a supporter of our national sport being an England fan comes with it and as a supporter I still live in hope - I don't 'give up' on supporting my team cos they're not doing well...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gerrard has his standard 3 day groin injury over England matches. Looking forward to seeing Lampard and Wilshere though.

Exactly - it's a joke that clubs get away with this...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm looking forward to seeing Wilshere in an England shirt, but I was totally baffled to hear Capello saying he sees him as a future Makalele. This guy is pretty much an English Fabregas and that would be Capello's plan for him?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Exactly - it's a joke that clubs get away with this...

He was examined by one of the England medical team who confirmed the injury.

However...they were always going to have the kid-gloves on after he got crocked in the last friendly in the 85th minute, when he was only supposed to be on for an hour tops. And we've got a qualifier in Wales next month. So Capello's got to keep the bindippers sweet.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Anyone else looking forward to the big match tonight??

Denmark are always tough opponents and should provide some really stern opposition in the next game of Englands brave new era. I am backing the boys to avenge their last game in Denmark which resulted in an undeserved 4-1 defeat.

Come on boys, you can do it!!

Can't say i am - waste of time

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Nah I agree with you - the FA and the Premier League really do kill our chances - not to mention the 'English' media.

It's such a shame but yes as a supporter of our national sport being an England fan comes with it and as a supporter I still live in hope - I don't 'give up' on supporting my team cos they're not doing well...

Well no, but you cant blame people for being disheartened. It's a bit like watching Brighton get beat on the way to relegation, there's periods where you throw your hands up in anger, periods where you give up completely, and periods of optimism but you don't stop caring. It's difficult to be optimistic at the moment because 70% of regular premiership players are foreign, key players in our squad aren't getting games for their squads, Terry's been out, Dawson and King have only played a handful of games between them, Crouch and Defoe have two goals each, Rooney has four, Lampard has played 8 games this season. And the style of kinck and rush direct football we can employ with the players we have should have died with the dinosaurs.

I'm going to the Ghana friendly, and will be in the Ghana end (with some Ghanaian friends), will probably enjoy it mich more for that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here