Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Denmark v England

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I have no issue with clubs withdrawing players for friendlies, Club > Country.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Don't really care about this tbh

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Well no, but you cant blame people for being disheartened. It's a bit like watching Brighton get beat on the way to relegation, there's periods where you throw your hands up in anger, periods where you give up completely, and periods of optimism but you don't stop caring. It's difficult to be optimistic at the moment because 70% of regular premiership players are foreign, key players in our squad aren't getting games for their squads, Terry's been out, Dawson and King have only played a handful of games between them, Crouch and Defoe have two goals each, Rooney has four, Lampard has played 8 games this season. And the style of kinck and rush direct football we can employ with the players we have should have died with the dinosaurs.

I'm going to the Ghana friendly, and will be in the Ghana end (with some Ghanaian friends), will probably enjoy it mich more for that!

Im also going to the Ghana game, i think. Looking forward to it.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Can't really complain if the qualifiers turn into a bit of a dogs dinner then can you.

I never do to be perfectly honest, I have no real love for the national team. WC gets me fired up but that's more the beer and the fun with the mates, the morning after we're out I'm not bothered.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have no issue with clubs withdrawing players for friendlies, Club > Country.

But Aldo that's a typical 'Premier League fan' comment and is why I hate some peoples view son England. As Easy points out you'll prob be moaning when we lose in a major / qualifier. It's just a no-win situation. And of course playing for your country is the pinnacle of any footballers career (or at least should be) so it's country over club for me every day. And yes I'd say the same if Albion had 10 players in the England squad and were in the prem...

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
But Aldo that's a typical 'Premier League fan' comment and is why I hate some peoples view son England. As Easy points out you'll prob be moaning when we lose in a major / qualifier. It's just a no-win situation. And of course playing for your country is the pinnacle of any footballers career (or at least should be) so it's country over club for me every day. And yes I'd say the same if Albion had 10 players in the England squad and were in the prem...

Read my above post. Also if Brighton (and hopefully soon are) ever in the situation where we have international players, I will feel exactly the same.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I never do to be perfectly honest, I have no real love for the national team. WC gets me fired up but that's more the beer and the fun with the mates, the morning after we're out I'm not bothered.

And you are a Liverpool fan too right? No offence but attitudes like that sum up the 'big' prem clubs attitudes on England for me and it's been infiltrated into their fans too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
STILL not sure if I can be arsed with the pub tonight, 65mins to go so I need to make my mind up!

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
And you are a Liverpool fan too right? No offence but attitudes like that sum up the 'big' prem clubs attitudes on England for me and it's been infiltrated into their fans too.

As I said it would be the same with Brighton, and it's not as if I've picked Liverpool out of a hat to support and I have good reason so I'm not a 'gloryhunting' fan etc who doesn't care about the game. I just don't feel any real connection to the national side, and believe that club should come before country.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Will watch it, want to see how Wilshere fares in an England shirt, early days maybe but players like him and Walcott are the future of the national side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You rate Rafa Benitez, and can't even spell the name of the current England manager properly, who by the way is possibly the most successful (ie pretty f***ing decent) manager currently in football.

Good one.

Christ you've got a long memory! Re Benitez - his achievments at Liverpool don't look too shabby in light of the disaster that was Roy Hodgson's tenure. As for CaPello (one P - is that better for you?!) his past success means f*** all when you're getting horse-whipped 4-1 by Germany and failing to beat Algeria.

Capello WAS very successful with teams in Italy and Spain who spoke his language, but the language barrier has well and truly been a bridge too far for him this time. You get paid £6million a year then learn the f***ing language!

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
One a separate note, I think it's stupid that Capello has already arranged a date to leave (I may be wrong), if he is going to go he may as well go now.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
f***'s sake, how low can we go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here