Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He’s a very good goalscorer but I still don’t like the other elements of his play. Excellent squad member behind Ferguson, Welbeck and the incoming Joao Pedro for a couple of starting spots. Throw Enciso into that mix too although think his future is wide in our system. Glad we have him and goals are the most important part, by far for a forward, but I still feel off about him 89:55 mins of a game. Sounds stupid, just a feel. Hope it changes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
8 goals in all comps. Not bad for his first season, and one where he has largely been a bench player.
There is undoubtably a Premier League player in there.
Delighted to see it beginning to become apparent

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
8 goals in all comps. Not bad for his first season, and one where he has largely been a bench player.
I'd say 8 goals in all comps, in 921 minutes played, is brilliant for any season.

Even acknowledging that 3 of those were against lower league clubs in the cups, he's scored 5 PL goals in 617 minutes. That puts him 7th in the 'per 90' stats for all PL players - not far behind Harry Kane.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I bloody love him. A striker who knows where the goal is, how very un Brighton :smile:

His first touch may not be to the level of the others but the runs he makes and his positioning are excellent, and he doesn’t panic at all once he has sight of goal.

Ferguson, who I also love, fell well short of his recent standards for me, and dare I say it Alexis turned into a Barn Door Billy with his shooting and disappointed with his final through ball in his last few games here, no wonder he was crying at the end :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I bloody love him. A striker who knows where the goal is, how very un Brighton :smile:

Ferguson, who I also love, fell well short of his recent standards for me
Spot on….

Ferguson unusually missed a couple and was well marshalled. Undav however, arguably was our best player yesterday, linked play, played well with Ferguson and Enciso, and with confidence flowing looks like another bargain.

Sometimes it feels NSC make their mind up very early not allowing for any adjustment. I rated him at USG, and still do. Rush like finisher the very thing we need give the chances we create.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spot on….

Ferguson unusually missed a couple and was well marshalled. Undav however, arguably was our best player yesterday, linked play, played well with Ferguson and Enciso, and with confidence flowing looks like another bargain.

Sometimes it feels NSC make their mind up very early not allowing for any adjustment. I rated him at USG, and still do. Rush like finisher the very thing we need give the chances we create.
"Sometimes"?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
True, I give you Van Hecke :lolol:
😃 Never made up my mind, just highlighted the stinker he had at Newcastle, which was in stark contrast to City and actually yesterday.

In fact there’s not a player I don’t rate in the squad at the moment, though admittedly haven’t seen McGill play much.

Wonderful squad, excellent youngsters coming through, just a bit sad a few will leave.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Undav gives us something different a player who plays off the shoulder of the last defender a poacher ice cold penalty taker all very handy thing to have in a team
it cannot be easy moving club yet alone moving country and it appears he struggled settling in but I have high hopes for him next season

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I expect he doesn’t want the season to end. We need him to start up the same next season. Could be a very useful weapon in Europa having played in Belgium.
He’ll get a lot of game time next season. He could be our Ole Gunnar Solskjær - 4th choice but plays in most games, takes his chances and scores a lot of ‘important’ goals.

We’ve struggled with the squad at the end of the season with 4 games in 10 days. I expect this to change by next season as players like Adingra and Joao Pedro will complement our front line. But there may also be another one or two new faces in addition.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A goal of assist every 87 mins in the premier league this season. That is quite something for a bloke who many of us thought looked like a competition Winner. It’s a shame he didn’t start looking great a week earlier or he would have scored in the cup semi!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Undav certainly knows where the goal is, but for a team who rely on possession, does a player with such a poor first touch fit the philosophy?

His positional play is also an issue, but that can be coached. His first touch however is a fundamental which I'm hoping is just a confidence issue that will improve in time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
When he first came, I was a bit of a sceptic due to his poor first touch, positioning and lack of contribution compared to Mitoma who started off like a rocket. Unfair comparison in hindsight.

But some brilliant coaching and dedication on his part has given him that need X Factor which has improved his game dramatically: confidence.

He really is a confidence player. RDZ putting his arm around him, building him up, a couple of goals and assists, then suddenly he looks completely different. Don't think he'll ever be in Ferguson's class but that's no insult, not many will.

He was absolutely loving it when we were signing the Undav song when warming up vs Stains. Really gives him a boost and he gives that bit extra on the pitch as a result IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here