Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I didn't capture everything Lallana said in his post-match interview, but he did mention that Undav had been through a difficult time of late.
Great finish.

"Having a real hard time at the moment, not sure how much is known."

Pretty much what/all he said. Others mentioned on the match day thread a death in the family and as @Swansman said above, been out of the squad recently.

Explains the tears after the goal.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Explains the tears after the goal.
🤔 How do you know? Could be it was because it was only the second goal this season with one of those against a club at the very bottom of League 1 - so a perhaps relief as much as anything else?

To be honest, would’t be surprised if he went out on loan for the rest of the season - he clearly hasn’t quite adapted to the PL yet - I think as someone brought in as a striker who has failed to score a single PL match goal nearly halfway through the season, he’s not cutting it at the moment but he’s clearly talented so perhaps just a square peg in a round hole at Brighton?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
🤔 How do you know? Could be it was because it was only the second goal this season with one of those against a club at the very bottom of League 1 - so a perhaps relief as much as anything else?

To be honest, would’t be surprised if he went out on loan for the rest of the season - he clearly hasn’t quite adapted to the PL yet - I think as someone brought in as a striker who has failed to score a single PL match goal nearly halfway through the season, he’s not cutting it at the moment but he’s clearly talented so perhaps just a square peg in a round hole at Brighton?
He has had a total of about 90 minutes in the PL, Welbeck has had ten times the time on the pitch and hasn't scored a goal either. He had 10 minutes on the pitch against Boro and scored, Welbeck had 25 minutes and didn't. He was only on the pitch for 65 minutes v Forest Green too, he has not had a full 90 in any competition.
I don't think we can judge him very well on what we have seen of him, De Zerbi might be happy that he is progressing in training and could be ready soon, or he might not be, and a loan would be best.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
He posted a picture of him celebrating the goal with the caption forever in my heart and a praying hands emoji on social media. It’s quite clear the tears were a result of the emotion of what has been going on the last couple of weeks and the personal reasons he’s been out of the squad for.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Keep watching his goal and although the game was up and the Boro defence was on the beach it's a lovely goal from a ridiculous angle, hopefully this will give him a bit more confidence and fight for a spot in the team, very happy for him,not nice to see a player struggle like he has when it's quite clear he has potential.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Keep watching his goal and although the game was up and the Boro defence was on the beach it's a lovely goal from a ridiculous angle, hopefully this will give him a bit more confidence and fight for a spot in the team, very happy for him,not nice to see a player struggle like he has when it's quite clear he has potential.
Brighton have a history of supporting players through some tragic circumstances and those player publicly thanking the club afterwards. The whole squad flew to France for Knockaert's Father's funeral. Potter lost his father last season. I wouldn't be surprised if Undav's emotions are a sign of the build up of grief and the relief of some level of normality beginning to return

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I see Caicedo described Undav as the strongest player at the Albion.

(Some fans have previously called him fat)
Have you ever seen Eddie Hall ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
For some reason I have faith that he will play and important part for us this season, he clearly has talent and knows where the net is.
He played with Mitoma all of last season and built up a terrific and prolific partnership, that says something about them both.

Sure this league is step or two up, but he has the ability to be a worthwhile squad player while Welback is injured, we do not want to put all our eggs in one basket with young Mr Ferguson, like we did with Mr Connolly.

Watch him score a rocket from the bench on Saturday !

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

strange as to why he's been unable to really throw his weight around in any of the minutes he's had, just seemed to bounce off the charlton centre halves

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He has had a total of about 90 minutes in the PL, Welbeck has had ten times the time on the pitch and hasn't scored a goal either. He had 10 minutes on the pitch against Boro and scored, Welbeck had 25 minutes and didn't.
Very pleased that Undav got his goal. I know that your post is in defence of Undav rather than a critique of Welbeck, but this seems a good place to make an observation from Saturday's game.

Although DW hasn't scored in the league yet this term, the value of having him back was evident in Mac Allister's second goal. Ali Mac had a tap in because Welbeck's run took both centre halves deep, leaving a huge space for Gross to pull back to Mac Allister. It was a lovely bit of centre forward play. As much of an assist as the pass was.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No chance either of GP or RDZ would give him a single minute on the pitch or even put him on the bench if he wasn't professional enough to keep a good match weight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here