Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav **Gone To Stuttgart 09/08/24**

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As much as I really rate Undav, €20m+ (for a soon-to-be-28-year-old striker with no sell on value to the buying club) is too good to turn down.

He went there to force his way into the Euros squad and absolutely nailed that, whilst also going home, banging in the goals and qualifying for the Champions League. Why on earth wouldn't he want to stay there?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
free.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kicker reporting that our loan deal with Stuttgart includes a buyback option of slightly over 20 million euros (which is of course what Stuttgart must pay for Undav). If exercised, we would essentially pay a few million euros or so to keep him.

But that would depend on Undav wanting to come back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
....as he signed up to the contract details, I assume he would have to until an agreement is reached one way or another.

If they don't pay the pre-agreed fee, he comes back. If they do (and he agrees), we then have the right to pay 20 mil to get him back, but at that point he's their player, so he can turn us down.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
An article I read says all these clauses and pre arranged fees are only valid until June 30th. After that we can ask for whatever fee we want if Stuttgart want him. I wonder if we’re stalling because of that.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
An article I read says all these clauses and pre arranged fees are only valid until June 30th. After that we can ask for whatever fee we want if Stuttgart want him. I wonder if we’re stalling because of that.

I suggest it’s Stuttgart who are stalling. Pay up, job’s a good ‘un.

I’d like him back.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm not sure it's stalling. It's would be a massive transfer, absolutely shatters their transfer record.
Best we can hope for is he scores in the euros and one of the few European teams with money bite.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It’s news that we can’t sell him on to another club — this summer, presumably — if we exercise the buyback option, right?
It's not really relevant. If we were to use the clause to buy him back, it wouldn't be to resell him, it would be because we want him to play. I hope Fab can convince him to come back.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
It's not really relevant. If we were to use the clause to buy him back, it wouldn't be to resell him, it would be because we want him to play. I hope Fab can convince him to come back.
I figured as much, but still, intrigued by the slow trickle of information re the terms of the loan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I figured as much, but still, intrigued by the slow trickle of information re the terms of the loan.

I guess Stuttgart have time before they need to make the offer, and our manager (who hasn't even been confirmed) will want time to speak to the player if he wants him. There's no real hurry.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It’s news that we can’t sell him on to another club — this summer, presumably — if we exercise the buyback option, right?
I assume that is to do with the number of clubs a player can register with in a single season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here