Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav **Gone To Stuttgart 09/08/24**

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
If Stuttgart want him, then they have to pay.

The only negotiation could be the structure of the payment, or whether we have an eye on one of their players, or possibly coaches.

They have Champions League football next season, they'll find the money.

It's a shame. Arsenal away last year is one of my favourite ever away games, and Deniz was magic that day.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Strangely I met a colleague yesterday who lives round the corner from Undav in Germany. Apparently he's very open about his desire to stay in Germany even with people he meets in the street. I can't see him coming back to Brighton
He's very much in a Ben White & Leeds position though isn't he? He needs the club to pay the transfer fee. If they do, then good luck to him and them, but I can't imagine that Stuttgart and Undav's agent don't know that they'd be wasting their time with any strategy to lowball Tony Bloom. No matter how many leaks are made to tabloid journalists, they'll pay what Tony thinks he's worth, or they won't get him.

Incidentally, some reports https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/bleibt-deniz-undav-dem-vfb-stuttgart-erhalten/13121017/34942 have suggested that the necessary compromise will not be for us to make, but for Undav and his agent to make as his salary demands are outside of Stuttgart's structure. He may want to stay there, but if he also wants €5m a year, something will have to give.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Strangely I met a colleague yesterday who lives round the corner from Undav in Germany. Apparently he's very open about his desire to stay in Germany even with people he meets in the street. I can't see him coming back to Brighton

My best mates neighbours dog is in the same dog walking group as Undavs dog and he says the shitty UK kebabs are a deal breaker. He said they'll only consider an offer if Brighton can send a plane load of German kababs each month to on offsite storage place close to Undavs house and deliver it to him each night in lederhosen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Will a change in manager (a manager that he must be aware of) change his mind, I wonder?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm always seeing people reposting tweets from that account on here, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything to suggest it's not just guesswork. Genuine question - Has it broken any news in the past that turned out to be right?
That account retweets Ed Arron’s anti Brighton agenda posts. Pissing in the wind.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Shall we not be so selfish and think that this is a human being?
He's German, playing for a German team, just qualified for the Champions League and in the National Team. If he'd stayed in Brighton none of that would have happened.

If he's happy there and want's to stay, let's hope for the fella that he can. We'll get a good fee, which we can reinvest.

We're not missing out on anything, because he wasn't here last season, and if he was then he wouldn't have had the same season he did with Stuttgart with us. That happened because his stars aligned.

Good luck lad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Will a change in manager (a manager that he must be aware of) change his mind, I wonder?
Not sure he’d be especially aware of Hurzeler - the gap between Budesliga and 2 Bundesliga is as big as EPL to the Championship with media coverage.
But I think your point is a good one. I suspect RDZ’s “expectations” didn’t help him settling here and he might well find it easier with the new manager if he has to stay.
The ball is entirely in Stuttgart’s court though. If they pay the fee set out in the loan agreement he will be their player and nothing we can do to stop it.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not sure he’d be especially aware of Hurzeler - the gap between Budesliga and 2 Bundesliga is as big as EPL to the Championship with media coverage.
But I think your point is a good one. I suspect RDZ’s “expectations” didn’t help him settling here and he might well find it easier with the new manager if he has to stay.
The ball is entirely in Stuttgart’s court though. If they pay the fee set out in the loan agreement he will be their player and nothing we can do to stop it.

True but as Stuttgart haven’t taken up the option yet I assume they are trying to hardball TB to get the fee down. I will be surprised if they get him for a euro less than the agreed fee when the loan started. He could well be back here imo. Some player horse trading could be the cause for the delay though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Shall we not be so selfish and think that this is a human being?
He's German, playing for a German team, just qualified for the Champions League and in the National Team. If he'd stayed in Brighton none of that would have happened.

If he's happy there and want's to stay, let's hope for the fella that he can. We'll get a good fee, which we can reinvest.

We're not missing out on anything, because he wasn't here last season, and if he was then he wouldn't have had the same season he did with Stuttgart with us. That happened because his stars aligned.

Good luck lad.
This is absolutely spot on. The 20m Euros is a good fee for a player that wasn't even in our squad last year. If we keep hold of him, he could end up having a mediocre season after which only have 1 year left on his contract.

If there's any substance to the various rumours, we could end up with an extra 40-50m in the transfer kitty without having sold any of last year's senior squad. I doubt there'd be too many complaints if this was reinvested to give us some depth in midfield.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Emre Can had just replaces Pavlovic in the German squad, maybe Fab (Fabi? Fabulous?) use his connection to talk Deniz into staying. (I wonder if he is also good at french Music hall dances? - can Can Can Can? Can can Can Can!)

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Kicker reporting that our loan deal with Stuttgart includes a buyback option of slightly over 20 million euros (which is of course what Stuttgart must pay for Undav). If exercised, we would essentially pay a few million euros or so to keep him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here