Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav **Gone To Stuttgart 09/08/24**

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The huge unknown in all this is Evan - if he can get back to even 95% of where he was pre-injury/illness then with no Europe we don't need too much more than him and Welbeck.

I'm convinced Undav will leave, but on the club's terms. My 'hunch' is £25m in a payment schedule that we want. Let's see how he performs with a 'record signing' tag around his neck rather than 'on loan'. Fans' patience/expectations tend to change in those circumstances.

He wasn't here last season so we can hardly miss him can we?
I missed him last season, let alone this!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So, Pedro wasn't fit enough to go to Tokyo, but he'll be back for the PSF a few days after the team returns?

Ferguson (who, as far as we know, hasn't even joined group training yet) will be ready for a match in 19 days time?

I am sceptical, to say the least.
Japan was as much a PR exercise as anything and the only player who was definitely going to go, if fit, was Mitoma. I wouldn't read too much into any other player staying behind for a bit of extra treatment.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Japan was as much a PR exercise as anything and the only player who was definitely going to go, if fit, was Mitoma. I wouldn't read too much into any other player staying behind for a bit of extra treatment.
The only footage we saw for Ferguson prior to the Japan trip was solo training (similar to Solly March). As I stated, zero evidence so far that Ferguson has even rejoined the group.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What would be the point of Undav coming back and refusing to try? He'll never get his dream move then and don't see Albion selling cheap. He'd effectively kill his own career.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Minutes per goal for Brighton in the Premier League.

Undav: 124
Ferguson: 195
Murray: 212
Pedro: 227
Andone: 237
Maupay: 291

One of these stands out quite a lot, and it isn't Maupay.
Not really a fair comparison as his sample size is too small to compare those stats against the others except Andone.

How many of his five PL goals were important or winning goals? None - two came against a pub team we beat 6.0, one against a totally broken Arsenal team we were already beating and the other two were consolation goals in end of season rubbers. His overall play was not good enough for us last season.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga too and him last season and his record there is nothing exceptional to me as I know how poor most of the defences are.

He’s not good enough to get in our team and I’m delighted by the amount of money it looks like we’re going to get for him.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Nah send him on loan to EFL2. Sick and tired of primadonnas throwing hissy fits demanding that they don't have to honour contracts they signed
Yes, in any other profession or work-place, this kind of attitude would probably end in receipt of a P45, and rightly so.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, in any other profession or work-place, this kind of attitude would probably end in receipt of a P45, and rightly so.
The problem is we saw it work with Trossard, Sanchez so the club had made a rod for its own back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here