Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav **Gone To Stuttgart 09/08/24**

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It's in our interest to have it drag in to next week I think - instant profit on the next set of accounts rather than this year's where we don't need it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

That post can't be accurate. If we exercise a buy-back option, then there won't be any negotiations there, we'll simply meet the requirement. If it also involved persuading Undav to come back, then it seems that wouldn't happen, so no point in exercising the option in the first place.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Most of our best players seem open to moving somewhere else though :smile:

Who was the last Albion player to come out and say he’d rather stay here by choice when transfer rumours start as KDH has done about LFC?

We need to move on from Undav and hopefully get a decent fee for him
Tbf sidewards moves like these are quite unusual.

Could see March or Dunk saying the same thing if Leicester showed an interest in them.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Tbf sidewards moves like these are quite unusual.

Could see March or Dunk saying the same thing if Leicester showed an interest in them.
Dunk wanted to go to Fulham a few years ago! He even went on strike for a game or two when the bid was rejected I think?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Wasn't that when Fulham were in PL and Brighton in the Championship?
My memory is not THAT good :lolol:

We were certainly in the Championship and he was prone to occasional bad errors and some Albion fans offered to drive him to Fulham :smile:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My memory is not THAT good :lolol:

We were certainly in the Championship and he was prone to occasional bad errors and some Albion fans offered to drive him to Fulham :smile:
It was immediately after the Hyppia season and we’d also just bought Uwe and Goldson. 6m looked a really good deal at the time, and no doubt the chance to play PL with the extra £££ outweighed loyalty factor.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It was immediately after the Hyppia season and we’d also just bought Uwe and Goldson. 6m looked a really good deal at the time, and no doubt the chance to play PL with the extra £££ outweighed loyalty factor.
Agreed but my original point was that I do not remember an Albion player since John Byrne who stated that did he not want to leave when a bid came in for them. KDH does not seem keen to leave LFC, I’d love to hear an Albion player say the same :shrug:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So Barber and Bloom were like “the agreement is €20m” and they were saying “how about €12m?” and we just kept repeating the agreed price

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed but my original point was that I do not remember an Albion player since John Byrne who stated that did he not want to leave when a bid came in for them. KDH does not seem keen to leave LFC, I’d love to hear an Albion player say the same :shrug:
KDH will be happy to go if the money is right, money talks doesn't it? The fly in the ointment seems to be Chelsea, a bigger team than the Albion, and the chance of reuniting with his old head coach.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
KDH will be happy to go if the money is right, money talks doesn't it? The fly in the ointment seems to be Chelsea, a bigger team than the Albion, and the chance of reuniting with his old head coach.
I will probably be booing the **** in the unlikely event he has to settle for the Albion and definitely be booing him if he come as an LFC player or a Chelsea bench warmer!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No, both of us were in the Championship and they weren’t really any better than us at the time which was why it was so strange how much he pushed for the move.
You’re right, coz that was the season we went top in second week when Dunk wasn’t playing, ironically against Fulham!

They were however in receipt of parachutes at the time,, so could offer him far more money.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think we paid €6/7m for Deniz and so €20m represents a very nice profit, especially for a player who doesn’t want to be here.
As others have said, we can then put that money towards other players. Deniz also plays in a position where we have strength in depth.
Hope he does well there.
Yep, entirely this. Good luck to him, thanks for the odd goal and the cash, let’s get the next one in.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I think we paid €6/7m for Deniz and so €20m represents a very nice profit, especially for a player who doesn’t want to be here.
As others have said, we can then put that money towards other players. Deniz also plays in a position where we have strength in depth.
Hope he does well there.
If we can get those players over the line.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly! Undav, Dahoud, Fati the list of bad choices is quite extensive then there’s rumours he blocked the KDH deal (and ironically moaned to eveyone we didn’t sign anyone in January).
I reallly dont think he was the Messiah everyone seems to think - I wonder if he’ll follow a similar path to Poyet post Albion?
You enjoyed the trips to Europe though?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here