Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demonstration for Saturday

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
cant remember who said it but the giant flag pinned up in London somewhere (preferably on the gates of 10 downing street or tower bridge etc) would get abit of publicity...every little bit helps.

Twas me. I still like the idea. Not sure where we could do it tho.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Plus, the stadium is some way from the station and it's difficult to see how anyone could stop several thousand fans making their way, in peaceful but persistently determined protest mode, along the route.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
if this goes ahead then I'll drive up (aint got no ticket) and can take people with me, PM if your interested

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
CrabtreeBHA said:
if this goes ahead then I'll drive up (aint got no ticket) and can take people with me, PM if your interested

tickets are still on sale and there not sending them out, you must collect them at the tix office at wycombe...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Getting kick-off delayed by way of a 'sit out' would gain publicity.

I'm not sure doing the same after would help - it would piss off Wycombe fans trying to get home - possibly losing their support in the process. And the media are unlikely to give a toss once the game is over.

So - 'sit out' after the game - shall we make it official?

I can knock up some fliers - put a file on the web and then everyone can print some to hand out.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
here here bozza, sit out after, with an 'optional' sit in after, as staying inside the ground wont piss off the wycombe fans but may well get coverage i.e. as 505 is starting and there's a protest going on at wycombe, they may talk about it some..

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
one point, i dont personally think getting the kick off delayed should be advertised on any flier.

i think it would be more effectice if not delayed, but either way would be good.

if we publicicse it as a delayed kick off thing and then the game goes off at 3, many might flock inside as we have 'failed'

perhaps just advertise a sit out protest till 3.15 with no mention of any delay?

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Can we get the Wycombe fans on board, an empty stadium would look far more effective than just the away end!

just a suggestion! -

I can do a one man protest in the Amsterdam ArenA on Sunday if you like, anyone got any leaflets???/ :dunce:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Raphael Meade said:
one point, i dont personally think getting the kick off delayed should be advertised on any flier.

i think it would be more effectice if not delayed, but either way would be good.

if we publicicse it as a delayed kick off thing and then the game goes off at 3, many might flock inside as we have 'failed'

perhaps just advertise a sit out protest till 3.15 with no mention of any delay?

Agree - I meant a flier to say what we are doing (ie protesting) and why (because we fecking want Falmer).

If a delay happens, it happens - so be it. I think it's unlikely because, of course, all of this will be read and people will be prepared.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Bozza said:
Agree - I meant a flier to say what we are doing (ie protesting) and why (because we fecking want Falmer).

If a delay happens, it happens - so be it. I think it's unlikely because, of course, all of this will be read and people will be prepared.

cool.. then i'd go right ahead and we can all print some off to hand out :clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've just spoken to the ticket office and got myself 1 for Saturday.

We've sold about 1500 and there are 500 left.

Sit out and Sit in here I come.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bozza said:

I can knock up some fliers - put a file on the web and then everyone can print some to hand out.

Is it up yet?

I wasn't planning on going on Saturday but I'm well up for this now!

The flyer could be personalised for Wycombe fans. Remind them that there are usually between 1500 and 2000 Albion fans for games at Adams Park. @ 15 quid a ticket they get between 22 and 30 grand in ticket money plus all of the pies we eat....

Without us to visit them their club will be poorer financially and that extra 30 grand could mean keeping a promising youngster or losing him to a richer club.

Something like that anyway:dunce:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why don't we also remain in the ground silently afterwards for an hour ?

Dandyman

In London village.
As posted on another thread - boycott the first 15 minutes of the Wycombe game. The pictures of a deserted away end, followed by a packed all singing all chanting end later will provide a visual message which makes it easier then toa ccess the media to amke the other arguements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here