Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demonstration for Saturday

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Raphael Meade said:
i think the protest outside wycombe is a cracking idea.

every agree to stay outside unitl say, 3.15 so the away end is COMPLETELY empty.

would be on tv, radio, everywhere...

I love that idea. Show what it'll mean. No BHA supporters if we lsoe the club. Then we go in and make blow the roof off.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
A march from the station to the ground, so we get to the ground at about 2:55 and then stand outside there till 3:15. If some people get to the station and give flyers to people who come up by train and may not know about it.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
right, some people seem to be in agreement so i think we should go with this for the moment (any better ideas pipe up chaps)

1)everyone arrives as early as poss. at the ground. say about 2.

2) sit down protest/jump aroundness outside the away end - any banners that can be made, do so - huge singing of falmer songs

3) 3.15 on the dot everyone makes for the turnstiles to continue said protest (peacefully) inside the ground.

if this goes ahead, perhaps someone with club contacts, ie. paul samrah/camillin should let the team know whats going on so they dont think no-ones turned up to support them and go 4 down before we arrive!!!

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Raphael Meade said:
come on people.

this needs to be organised TODAY so we can spread the word.

what are we going to do and where.

my vote is for a protest OUTSIDE the away end on satdi so the away end is empty till 3.15.

it will cause mass comfusion and will certainly be mentioned by people on sky sports, radio 5, etc..

national coverage, that is what we need.

all those agreed say ay (or a different suggestion)

GET MOVING PEOPLE!!!!

Great idea :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just a thought- if they know fans are all outside the ground deliberately, they probably wouldn't delay the kick off. Which defeats the objective of seeking the publicity.

Can anyone do a giant We Want Falmer banner? T-shirts? Even sheets of paper with the message on?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Mr C said:
I think that's a great idea although we also need to organise something on a more national scale (in London) to disrupt traffic, that sort of thing.

Clearly something dodgy is going on here and public feeling needs to be made known.

As long as it gets the coverage.....

of course but i think at this short notice this is the best way of getting the message across for the moment.

just imagine radio5 going to wycombe for our first goal and the commentator saying how there are NO away fans at all - but a HUGE noise coming from outside "must be something to do with falmer"?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
edna krabappel said:
Just a thought- if they know fans are all outside the ground deliberately, they probably wouldn't delay the kick off. Which defeats the objective of seeking the publicity.

Can anyone do a giant We Want Falmer banner? T-shirts? Even sheets of paper with the message on?

i think it would be just as effective if they didnt delay the kick off as all the reporters etc inside the ground would notice the empty away end...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cant remember who said it but the giant flag pinned up in London somewhere (preferably on the gates of 10 downing street or tower bridge etc) would get abit of publicity...every little bit helps.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Damn - I typed too slowly and this had already been covered...

I think I peaked with my earlier posts - I'll just sit quietly from now on...

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lets get this right all you with tickets go in to the match mmmm,well this is not goner encourage others to join in is it.
You want people to go to wycombe for less than an hour and then what mmmmmmm.

Thats not good and that won't do a lot:shootself

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
berkshire, realistically at this short notice, who is gonna come to wycombe at 3 on a satdi who isnt an albion fan.

there's gonna be plenty enough of us there to get noticed...

Polish Count

Feb 5, 2004
BN1
Perhaps an e-mail to Soccer AM [socceram@bskyb.com] wouldn't go amiss, as Helen's always stuck up for us, and Nathan Jones has been featured on the showboat on more than one occasion.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Faldo said:
A potential problem is if Wycombe get funny and dont let us in late.

Not sure how to deal with that...

we could have a word and explain what time we'll be entering and that it will all be very peaceful. etc

if we do this to the police, they wont want us hanging outside all game so would more than likely be co-operative.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Faldo said:
A potential problem is if Wycombe get funny and dont let us in late.

Not sure how to deal with that...

If Wycombe try and shut us out the OB are likely to get shirty and insist that they don't. Because the last thing they need is a public order situation which could be resolved by opening the gates and letting people in.

Last edited:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Protest outside until 3.15

Enter the ground and continue protest

Walk out at 4.30 and continue protest outside again.

That should get noticed, especially if the usual pre-match confetti/balloons/bog roll etc are released when everyone gets in (at 3.15)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here