Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Degale v groves

ManchesterSeagull

Nov 16, 2009
DeGale is cocky, but a lot of it is a front. He drives 55miles a day to his trainers gym, rather than making his trainer come to him. That seems pretty grounded to me.

It's going to be a huge fight though, I've been excited for this one for a long time. I've got DeGale to KO Groves in the latter rounds.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
They've sold it to me and I'll be buying it, should be a top night

Two fights where there is genuine animosity between the fighters.

However, is there enough quality on show to warrant a PPV? IMHO I think not.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Bellew called Cleverly a f***ing rat and tried to start the fight then, usual bollocks between Defail and Groves too, should all be on Ringside tonight. Bet Wazza was laughing all the way to the bank when it kicked off.
I'll make sure I watch that then..... The more I think about it the more I want to watch this fight, I know they're not household names but at least they are genuine grudge matches & to be fair I've payed money to watch some pretty poor fights between "big fighter's" so maybe these smaller fights with bad blood are the way to go.
I proberbly would have payed to watch Pacquiao v Shane mosely & that was an awful fight

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Scouser Tony Bellew will fight Cleverley now for the World Light-Heavy Championship. This is not a PPV card in my opinion. Four fighters headline the card who have never fought at World level. I would imagine between them they have had barely 60 fights.

Bellew is tough but limited and will be stopped in 6. De Gale should be Groves though I prey he doesn't, the bloke is a grade 1 cock who lacks class.

Britain's best prospect Frankie Gavin is on the undercard and I predict he will go on to superstardom. His the best British fight I have ever seen this early in a career.

Yeah i saw bellews last fight, he won but Not as convincingly as he was expected to... From what I remember he was just throwing bombs without really setting them up, think clev might be too technically sound for him to stand much of a chance against

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
is it a double weigh in for both fights?

i would enjoy watching a tag team match haha

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I only hope Bellew is not weight drained by coming in at short notice, the more I see Defail the more I hope Boy George knocks him spark out.
Don't forget the weigh in is live tomorrow on SSN so should be worth catching as well.

De Gale Groves has really been a throwback to the really big grudge fights, Benn Eubank, Kaylor Christie, when he won gold I thought De Gale came across as a really top bloke who would represent British boxing with credit across the globe, but his behaviour especially on Ringside the other week, has made him look IMHO a ****. Groves offered him a straight bet on the fight which he danced around like Ali himself, I hope Groves wins if only to make him eat humble pie, having said he's going to this and that to Groves.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I only hope Bellew is not weight drained by coming in at short notice, the more I see Defail the more I hope Boy George knocks him spark out.
Don't forget the weigh in is live tomorrow on SSN so should be worth catching as well.
Yeah that will definitely be worth watching.
Do you know what time it's gonna be on ?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
They made a bet at the press conference but nobody was exactly sure what they bet, as for grudge fights the Bellew and Cleverly goings on was a throwback to Kaylor Christie and totally overshadowed Defail and Boy George.

I got the impression they bet the whole purse, winner takes all kinda thing

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Do you know what time the fights will be on on Saturday? As i will watch down the pub, i presume it wont be on at stupid o'clock in the morning for USA tv as they wouldnt have heard of Degale etc...

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Do you know what time the fights will be on on Saturday? As i will watch down the pub, i presume it wont be on at stupid o'clock in the morning for USA tv as they wouldnt have heard of Degale etc...

Usually about 8-ish for the British fights I think

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
according to eddie hearns twitter the cleverley vs bellew fight is now of as bellew cant make the weight......surely cannot remain on pay per view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here