Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
defund Comic Relief ?

https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/comic-relief-spends-75m-under-new-funding-strategy.html

Comic Relief spent £13.7m on staff costs, as well as additional redundancy costs of £39,000. Five members of staff earned more than £100,000 and the chief executive received £200,000, consisting of £176,000 salary and back payments totalling £24,000.

The accounts say that the charity saved £500,000 through automating backroom tasks, and another £250,000 by moving its donations platform in-house.

Its investment portfolio is worth just over £130m, and gains on that portfolio cover operational costs including staff salaries, office rent and fundraising costs.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/comic-relief-spends-75m-under-new-funding-strategy.html

Comic Relief spent £13.7m on staff costs, as well as additional redundancy costs of £39,000. Five members of staff earned more than £100,000 and the chief executive received £200,000, consisting of £176,000 salary and back payments totalling £24,000.

The accounts say that the charity saved £500,000 through automating backroom tasks, and another £250,000 by moving its donations platform in-house.

Its investment portfolio is worth just over £130m, and gains on that portfolio cover operational costs including staff salaries, office rent and fundraising costs.

It operates like most other charities. All agreed it's doing well.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So you're endorsing their actions ? I'm not surprised
Regards
DF

Stayt has always come across as a good bloke, apolitical, with a harmless sense of humour.

He wasn’t mocking the Union Jack. Just a harmless quip about the flag’s size.

Complainants whipped themselves into a furore over nothing. Cringeworthy.

Jan 30, 2008
Stayt has always come across as a good bloke, apolitical, with a harmless sense of humour.

He wasn’t mocking the Union Jack. Just a harmless quip about the flag’s size.

Complainants whipped themselves into a furore over nothing. Cringeworthy.

Nagga was wetting herself and made a quip about the picture of the Queen , reap what you sow, defo cringeworthy
Regards
DF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nagga was wetting herself and made a quip about the picture of the Queen , reap what you sow, defo cringeworthy
Regards
DF

I loved it when she made her feelings known about Trump that time. A racist president and hater .... why not?

She’s alright, I bet she’s not anti monarchy.

There are some bitter Remainers in the media eg Jon Snow imo. But it’s ridiculous to extend the discussion to Stayt and Naga.

I wonder if the complainants don’t watch Breakfast, so no nothing about them.

Jan 30, 2008
I loved it when she made her feelings known about Trump that time. A racist president and hater .... why not?

There are some bitter Remainers in the media eg Jon Snow imo. But it’s ridiculous to extend the discussion to Stayt and Naga.

I've stopped watching /listening to them and feel so much happier in the mornings
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Weird times we live in when people are outraged by someone questioning the size of their flag, they never question why on earth they have flags inside their homes?

I think it's a game of how far they can take the easily led outrage brigade. I can imagine them right now dreaming up the next trivial and pointless subject which can evoke their anger.

#lemmings

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Whilst we can all agree that the tangerine tosspot is a complete arse, you are slightly missing the point of an impartial state broadcaster. Rewind if you would to the day that we never knew the political leaning of such giants of news like Sir Trevor McDonald, Moira Stewart and others. They read the news, they never felt the need to offer an opinion on it. Much the same in school, I had some fantastic teachers and some bad ones, I never once got to hear their political views.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
S

Whilst we can all agree that the tangerine tosspot is a complete arse, you are slightly missing the point of an impartial state broadcaster. Rewind if you would to the day that we never knew the political leaning of such giants of news like Sir Trevor McDonald, Moira Stewart and others. They read the news, they never felt the need to offer an opinion on it. Much the same in school, I had some fantastic teachers and some bad ones, I never once got to hear their political views.

As a non BBC licence payer, you may not watch Stayt and Naga.

It’s pretty obvious imho where TV folk have a barely veiled lop sided agenda eg Jon Snow, Sam Coates, Beth Rigby.

But Stayt is light hearted and solidly professional, a good bloke. His quip wasn’t borne out of any unpatriotic or mocking ill intent. Naga is a class act, always positive, also jokey.

This is madness from the right, picking fights that don’t need to be picked. Cringeworthy.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
As a non BBC licence payer, you may not watch Stayt and Naga.

It’s pretty obvious imho where TV folk have a barely veiled lop sided agenda eg Jon Snow, Sam Coates, Beth Rigby.

But Stayt is light hearted and solidly professional, a good bloke. His quip wasn’t borne out of any unpatriotic or mocking ill intent. Naga is a class act, always positive, also jokey.

This is madness from the right, picking fights that don’t need to be picked. Cringeworthy.

Agreed.
Make it subscription and we can all decide if we wish to pay or not to pay.
#DefundtheBBC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here