Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
£157.50 for every single live TV channel, plus all the BBC radio and online content? For £13.13 a month? That's a bargain in anyone's book.

Not if you don’t wish to pay for the anti British agenda that Aunty insists on cramming down the nations throat. Make it subscription,then folk can choose.
#defundtheBBC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Not if you don’t wish to pay for the anti British agenda that Aunty insists on cramming down the nations throat. Make it subscription,then folk can choose.
#defundtheBBC

Who would pay for the pensioners' tv subscription?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Another great doc by the BBC. Again tackling issues across the board from all walks of life. Balanced. Fair. Fascinating. Worth every penny.

Anton Ferdinand: Football, Racism and Me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000pzpr/anton-ferdinand-football-racism-and-me

Now you see,this would be something I would really like to watch, it is very true what you say,the BBC was the absolute best at these sort of documentary, it is a national tragedy that it has lost its direction.
I may watch the above documentary when I pop round the in-laws tomorrow after my Covid jab.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Now you see,this would be something I would really like to watch, it is very true what you say,the BBC was the absolute best at these sort of documentary, it is a national tragedy that it has lost its direction.
I may watch the above documentary when I pop round the in-laws tomorrow after my Covid jab.

This was first broadcast in Nov 2020 :facepalm:

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
This was first broadcast in Nov 2020 :facepalm:

I would not know,I have no access to the BBC unless viewing at someone else’s home, I shall endeavour to watch it at the in-laws tomorrow. It certainly sounds like the sort of documentary the BBC use to be good at. Shame the beeb lost its way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would not know,I have no access to the BBC unless viewing at someone else’s home, I shall endeavour to watch it at the in-laws tomorrow. It certainly sounds like the sort of documentary the BBC use to be good at. Shame the beeb lost its way.

As you can see, they're still making them. Nov 2020. So uh, you're quite, quite wrong :lolol:

You claim it has lost it's way yet in the same post openly admit you rarely watch it and have no idea what it's output is. Oh dear oh dear. That just about sums you up :laugh:

Anyhoo, the sheets have just finished their last spin (cue inevitable bedwetting humour) and do you know, I think for the first time this year I'm gonna peg them out on the garden line. Breezy and bright.
Have a special afternoon. Keep on trying, you may just get there in the end :thumbsup::wave:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You've been posting memes and twitter links about pensioners having to pay for a TV licence and how bad it is.

Most of which seem to be about how terrible it is that the pensioners have to pay for the TV licence because they also have to pay for heating and food. And yet weirdly they never make the argument they shouldn't have to pay for heating or food so it clearly doesn't concern them that much.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Such a shame that you missed the Southampton game, which was only broadcast on the bbc. If only you had an iPad you could have used to type in bbc.co.uk and then go to the live coverage. Oh well. Still managed this though.

Just waiting for VAR to award Southampton a penalty once our team coach has left the car park...

Although I guess you would never have known.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Such a shame that you missed the Southampton game, which was only broadcast on the bbc. If only you had an iPad you could have used to type in bbc.co.uk and then go to the live coverage. Oh well. Still managed this though.

Although I guess you would never have known.

That’s right.

No comments about my mum or my wife tonight?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
What a shame. If only the iPad you're posting from worked you could click on the link below and see the highlights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56247527

It's tragic when the poorest and most backwards in life fall into a technology gap. I know you can't watch Red Nose Day right now but I hope they're collecting for you.

Thanks for your input.
Not sure,even I could, David Lammy would approve of me watching comic relief.

No comment on My mum or my wife tonight?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
defund Comic Relief ?

Presumably just seen as a bunch of Islington metropolitan do-Gooders raising money for the undeserving poor and not giving it to the people who really deserve it such as statue defenders, “free speech activists” and Tim Martin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here