Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

Jan 30, 2008
I think one problem is that the BBC hires intelligent presenters and broadcasters, why would they not want the best of the best? The issue is that most intelligent people are quite left leaning so you will see a lot of that on the BBC. Luckily, the BBC always try to present a balanced view and their broadcasters always strive for this. If the BBC goes, it'll be a right wing media with zero balance. It'll be Daily Mail TV basically.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53442491 really ???
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20026910
regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Luckily I don't think the Tory's will manage to break the BBC but they will definitely take the NHS apart. No question. They don't like the BBC because it has no share holders to pander to and therefore can tell the truth. And this Tory government does not like the truth because it paints them in a very bad light.

Also the brilliant BBC brings culture and education to the masses at a very, very reasonable price. The Tory's do not like that.[/QUOTE]

What evidence do yiou have for such a ridiculous statement? The masses, as you so condescendingly put it, contain Tory voters! Whilst I would accept that BBC News commentators probably tell the truth, that is not the whole story. Whilst in Germany in the 1980s, and being about two hours from the East German border, I was able to compare the coverage of East and West German TV. The East Germans told the truth, by and large, because they knew that the population could watch West German telly, but they tended to concentrate on and hammer home various issues, as do the BBC, who assume that, just because they think "correctly" the rest of the population also want to have a constant diet of lefty/liberal themes.

The trap you've fallen into here is this so called lefty view, it seems the country has lurched so far to the right that sensible, centrist opinion is seen as left wing, so much so that empathy for others and believing in racial and gender equality has a derogatory term. The BBC is not overly leftist, it just has a responsibilty to cater for wide range and diverse audience and many people are not open to change.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The trap you've fallen into here is this so called lefty view, it seems the country has lurched so far to the right that sensible, centrist opinion is seen as left wing, so much so that empathy for others and believing in racial and gender equality has a derogatory term. The BBC is not overly leftist, it just has a responsibilty to cater for wide range and diverse audience and many people are not open to change.

You're correct. Very good point.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Great to see you using and supporting our BBC for links and resources. It's especially encouraging that you are visiting regional BBC sites too. I dread to think what you googled to find that particular story but nevertheless, good to see you using our BBC. Great resource isn't it.

:lolol: you couldn’t make it up

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Tonight i've watched mostly Beeb TV. Nigella, Your garden made perfect, something about a Posh Hotel but now switched over to watch Death in Paradise. Earlier I watched Pointless

Anyone wish to point out what was lefty / liberal about that schedule? I must have missed it, perhaps some hidden messages I should be aware of next time?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I don’t need a creepy little oddball to tell me that.

Charming way to describe a young woman with Asperger's Syndrome. Not quite up to your child abuse jokes' level, but pretty on brand.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Is there anything on the schedule you would class as left wing? Take anything on todays schedule if you like? I feel so daft not being able to spot it ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I'm confused, I don't see Tony Blair referenced in this Tweet at all? Am I missing something?

There's a great speech at the EU parliament from 2005 where Blair destroyed Farage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here