Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Ooh, goody - we can add climate change denial to your increasing levels of idiocy, can we? :dunce:

*yawn*

What are you talking about? What is it with interesting fellows like yourself? You seem obsessed with talking out of your balloon knot.
Who is denying climate change? Climate change is very real, the world has been warming up since the end of the ice age, it has almost certainly been accelerated by the industrial revolution. I don’t need a creepy little oddball to tell me that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
What are you talking about? What is it with interesting fellows like yourself? You seem obsessed with talking out of your balloon knot.
Who is denying climate change? Climate change is very real, the world has been warming up since the end of the ice age, it has almost certainly been accelerated by the industrial revolution. I don’t need a creepy little oddball to tell me that.

Gosh, I assumed you posted your link, featuring the 'fearmongering Greta', for a reason. Maybe you just post random ones for kicks, like nazi boy?

I hope you know each other in real life, you'd be besties, for sure.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Gosh, I assumed you posted your link, featuring the 'fearmongering Greta', for a reason. Maybe you just post random ones for kicks, like nazi boy?

I hope you know each other in real life, you'd be besties, for sure.

Go and have a Sincil, it will do you the world of good and help you sleep.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The BBC’s documentary, educational, history, geography, science and arts output is absolutely second to none on the planet. Therefore it makes sense that those who wish to destroy that seem to be, well, not to put too fine a point on it, thick as shite.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Feel free to pay the tv tax..
I choose not to.

But how can you be sure you hate the BBC if you never watch it?

(For what it's worth, my opinion of the BBC's news output has gone down in recent years. Its producers seem unable to differentiate between hard news and soft documentaries - barely a bulletin goes by without a lengthy 'special report'. News 24 provides inadequate UK coverage and the producers seem utterly terrified of upsetting their paymasters in Downing Street.)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Luckily I don't think the Tory's will manage to break the BBC but they will definitely take the NHS apart. No question. They don't like the BBC because it has no share holders to pander to and therefore can tell the truth. And this Tory government does not like the truth because it paints them in a very bad light.

Also the brilliant BBC brings culture and education to the masses at a very, very reasonable price. The Tory's do not like that.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Luckily I don't think the Tory's will manage to break the BBC but they will definitely take the NHS apart. No question. They don't like the BBC because it has no share holders to pander to and therefore can tell the truth. And this Tory government does not like the truth because it paints them in a very bad light.

Also the brilliant BBC brings culture and education to the masses at a very, very reasonable price. The Tory's do not like that.[/QUOTE]

What evidence do yiou have for such a ridiculous statement? The masses, as you so condescendingly put it, contain Tory voters! Whilst I would accept that BBC News commentators probably tell the truth, that is not the whole story. Whilst in Germany in the 1980s, and being about two hours from the East German border, I was able to compare the coverage of East and West German TV. The East Germans told the truth, by and large, because they knew that the population could watch West German telly, but they tended to concentrate on and hammer home various issues, as do the BBC, who assume that, just because they think "correctly" the rest of the population also want to have a constant diet of lefty/liberal themes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Also the brilliant BBC brings culture and education to the masses at a very, very reasonable price. The Tory's do not like that.[/QUOTE]

What evidence do yiou have for such a ridiculous statement? The masses, as you so condescendingly put it, contain Tory voters! Whilst I would accept that BBC News commentators probably tell the truth, that is not the whole story. Whilst in Germany in the 1980s, and being about two hours from the East German border, I was able to compare the coverage of East and West German TV. The East Germans told the truth, by and large, because they knew that the population could watch West German telly, but they tended to concentrate on and hammer home various issues, as do the BBC, who assume that, just because they think "correctly" the rest of the population also want to have a constant diet of lefty/liberal themes.

Experience.

What evidence do you have of this statement?

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think one problem is that the BBC hires intelligent presenters and broadcasters, why would they not want the best of the best? The issue is that most intelligent people are quite left leaning so you will see a lot of that on the BBC. Luckily, the BBC always try to present a balanced view and their broadcasters always strive for this. If the BBC goes, it'll be a right wing media with zero balance. It'll be Daily Mail TV basically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here