Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
No cancel culture here skip,I just don’t see why pensioners should go without food to pay Gary Linekers wages.
Make a subscription service like Sky and Netflix and amazon Prime.

Presumably if this pensioner going without food couldn't afford to pay their BBC licence fee, they also wouldn't be able to afford Sky or Netflix? How would making it a subscription service help them?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Presumably if this pensioner going without food couldn't afford to pay their BBC licence fee, they also wouldn't be able to afford Sky or Netflix? How would making it a subscription service help them?

They could afford free view..
Mean of Auntie.
#DefundtheBBC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That’s right and pensioners should not have to pay for theirs.
It is so mean of Auntie make our elderly pay .

If they can't afford food and TV why is it mean of the BBC to make them pay when by the same logic you could claim it's mean of Tescos to make them pay?

Jan 30, 2008
If they can't afford food and TV why is it mean of the BBC to make them pay when by the same logic you could claim it's mean of Tescos to make them pay?

You didn't listen to the Alex Belfield you tube clip did you ?he clearly explains why we shouldn't have to pay the BBC licence :dunce:
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True. My parents and also some retired clients are set fair, some are incredibly well off. A couple I know in their 60’s who are in effect millionaires, claim and receive the Winter Fuel Payment.

It’s a silly system.

Not all pensioners btw, those without a healthy occupational/private pension, are often not comfortable by anyone’s book. Not all mortgages are paid off by 65 these days.

Point of order, pensioners don’t claim the WFP. It is paid automatically. There is far less bureaucracy in a blanket payment so therefore is cheaper to administer.
It is also paid per household not per person. Those in care homes get a reduced rate, which goes to the care home managers.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Point of order, pensioners don’t claim the WFP. It is paid automatically. There is far less bureaucracy in a blanket payment so therefore is cheaper to administer.
It is also paid per household not per person. Those in care homes get a reduced rate, which goes to the care home managers.

How long before the Tories scrap it? Then the fairy bakers will be along to blame Gary Lineker

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How long before the Tories scrap it? Then the fairy bakers will be along to blame Gary Lineker

Who knows? I know many Tories want to scrap the triple lock on pensions which will hit women hardest, due to working part time for quite a big chunk of their lives.
I asked to join the pension scheme at the electricity company, where I worked, in the 80s, and was refused due to being a part timer.
It went to court in the 90s, via the union, under sex discrimination, because all the part timers were women. It took approx 8 years for a judgement but we won, and were able to add 12 years to our scheme.

Jan 30, 2008
yep ....****ing bonkers , that sort of shit should be on youtube for people who want it ......not rammed down the throats (ahem) of people who are expected to pay a licence fee.
Well that's the BBC for you these days doing the old Wokey kokey to piss their customers off
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
yep ....****ing bonkers , that sort of shit should be on youtube for people who want it ......not rammed down the throats (ahem) of people who are expected to pay a licence fee.

How is something on Iplayer being rammed down your throat?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And....there we go. The truth always outs. No genuine concern for the pensioners, just a general fear and dislike of minority groups or anything “woke”

As if we didn’t know that anyway.

Jan 30, 2008
And....there we go. The truth always outs. No genuine concern for the pensioners, just a general fear and dislike of minority groups or anything “woke”

As if we didn’t know that anyway.

How many people do you think.would be interested in a Hand full of drag Queens mincing about in front of Graham Norton:lolol:

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here