Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Definitive McGhee Poll

What do you REALLY think?

• McGhee is doing a brilliant job.

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • Keep McGhee because we wont get anyone better and cost too much to sack him

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Struggling but give him a bit more time.

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • McGhee out.

Votes: 15 14.4%

• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
B.W. said:

The question was:

glasfryn said:
can someone name me a manager who could have done what he has,with the resources we have, that we could afford,
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Taylor

Adams

Coppell

All proved that they could do it.

The other names I feel could also do it. And whats wrong with Mark Wright. Seen where Peterboro are at the moment? He also did well at Chester and has loads of experience at the highest and lowest level.

Neil Redfearn as well ditto.

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
This is a football forum FFS! Can we stop argueing about McGhee and the team and get back to who's going to win Celebrity Big Brother please!

:flameboun

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Pavilionaire said:
I agree with the poster about a lack of balance in the poll options. I'm with the bloke who thinks McGhee's doing an OK job given the hand he's been dealt.

NSc never ceases to amaze me over how it can rewrite history. We deserved to go up from the play-offs even if we did have good fortune along the way because we were better than Bristol City and Swindon that season.

McGhee showed how good a manager he can be by taking Virgo out of obscurity and getting him to score vital goals. Goals like the one vs Swindon in the play-offs are why managers will spend £1.5 million.

Yes, McGhee f***ed up with Turienzo, Dodd and Molango but this is more than offset by fees for Virgo, Harding and Currie.

you dont want to go posting balanced opinions like that round here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF the question is who could do it with the resources I would question whether Coppell could..He was here for about a season

Two of his acquistions were too old and knackered to play in his 2nd brief season and we were left paying their wages and I'm struggling to think of any other players that he brought in who lasted more than a season. We no doubt paid good wages to Sidwell who fecked off and to Ivar, who was only on loan.

Everything with Coppell was short term, except the signing of Leon just before he left, so we spent quite a bit of money and had Leon to show for it after a season. I think McGhee may have got some of his long term singings wrong but at least we have a team that has a future, imo we didn't have that with SC when he left?

McGhee's legacy will be much more beneficial to the Albion than Coppell's and I think he will be considered in a much better light a few years after he's gone. Shit even Barry LLoyd is considered a bit of a legend these days :lolol:

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
I agree with the poster about a lack of balance in the poll options. I'm with the bloke who thinks McGhee's doing an OK job given the hand he's been dealt.

NSc never ceases to amaze me over how it can rewrite history. We deserved to go up from the play-offs even if we did have good fortune along the way because we were better than Bristol City and Swindon that season.

McGhee showed how good a manager he can be by taking Virgo out of obscurity and getting him to score vital goals. Goals like the one vs Swindon in the play-offs are why managers will spend £1.5 million.

Yes, McGhee f***ed up with Turienzo, Dodd and Molango but this is more than offset by fees for Virgo, Harding and Currie.

Couldn't agree more... top post...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't agree with those that say "Why would a good manager come here?" or "Who could do a better job than McGhee?". The fact that we recruited Coppell, Taylor and Adams well before the Falmer YES decision shows that if the job becomes available we can attract quality, proven candidates.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
The question was:

Taylor

Adams

Coppell

All proved that they could do it.

The other names I feel could also do it. And whats wrong with Mark Wright. Seen where Peterboro are at the moment? He also did well at Chester and has loads of experience at the highest and lowest level.

Neil Redfearn as well ditto.

All these names are either (a) not viable options, or (b) have an inferior track record to MM, including your Mr Wright BTW...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
I don't agree with those that say "Why would a good manager come here?" or "Who could do a better job than McGhee?". The fact that we recruited Coppell, Taylor and Adams well before the Falmer YES decision shows that if the job becomes available we can attract quality, proven candidates.

Add MM to your "quality, proven candidates" list...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Then we agree to differ. As Pavillionaire said we could (and still will) attract quality managers and some well before the Falmer yes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Look... we have only just dipped into the relegation zone again... we are there or thereabouts in terms of survival, which we all knew we would be in our heart of hearts... so why sack the manager who saved our bacon against the odds last season?... it makes no sense...

Getting rid of that disruptive little to$$er Kinight... no that makes sense...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hmm, why sack McGhee?
- 4 wins in 38 games or whatever it is.
- Not winning on a Saturday for nearly a year.
- Saying he was concentrating on the Cov game and not too bothered about Southampton result. I can think of 3,500 people who were.
- Always blaming the referee or Leon Knight.
- Wasting money.
- Failing to beat other relegation battlers Crewe and Millwall at home.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Peter Taylor

Mickey Adams

Steve Coppell

Danny Wilson

Phil Parkinson

Tony Pulis (yes ok long ball)

Mark Wright

Martin Allen
three of those left us because we did not have the resources to keep going eg:- no ground or money.
danny wilson much as I liked him as a player could not beat us in the play off final even with some good resources,and was out-thought by the manager we have now.
tony pulis you would need a good suppy of balls as most would end up in the channel.
mark wright ,good player but yet to prove himself at a high level in management.
phil parkinson ,I know nothing of but if the shit hits the preverbial lets have him here ,if we can afford to change managers in mid-season.

if I were to go for one un-tested it would be neil redfern.....................................................uncomprmising or what?:bowdown:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
We have got to give him a bit more time, see what he does with the signings he should make, before cov game on sat. i will be pleased if we win but if he loses that i would give him one more match to prove his worth

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What if we give him time and see who he signs and he wastes all our money on rubbish players. Then a new manager coming in would have no funds to rebuild the team with.

Richie Morris said:
What if we give him time and see who he signs and he wastes all our money on rubbish players. Then a new manager coming in would have no funds to rebuild the team with.

Considering we will have to pay him off the remainder of his contract AND pay compensation for this wonderful manager you keep eulogising about, there won't be any money for a new manager anyway.

How do you and Kinky manage to fit on the same soapbox?

GOON

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Keep it in perspective TGC, when you take out Kinky, Richie, Piers and 3gulls, the rest of the Mcgoo out brigade couldn't muster double figures (in brain cells or votes) on Richies set up poll :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero said:
Keep it in perspective TGC, when you take out Kinky, Richie, Piers and 3gulls, the rest of the Mcgoo out brigade couldn't muster double figures (in brain cells or votes) on Richies set up poll :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

This is Richie "Scoop" Morris we are talking about. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story/argument. The Sunday Sport (Fanzine section) beckons. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here