Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Definitive McGhee Poll

What do you REALLY think?

• McGhee is doing a brilliant job.

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • Keep McGhee because we wont get anyone better and cost too much to sack him

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Struggling but give him a bit more time.

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • McGhee out.

Votes: 15 14.4%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So far the polls on McGhee have been quite blinkered and suggesting you are either with him or against him. I thought it would be quite interesting to see what per cent of pro McGhee fans were actually happy with the job he is doing or just, as I suspect, realise we wont get anyone else better and the compensation would be more useful if spent on players.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh for fucks sake.

You know very well that if we win our next two games itll be magoo in.

If we lose itll be Magoo out.

Hes only as good as his last result.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
brightonfan_86 said:
Keep Mcghee because we won't get anyone better.

Yes we will. DK will be sure of well over 50 applicants I bet.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just out of interest, do all the pro McGhee people who always fall back on him getting us promoted remember the tail end of the Div 2 Season that year?

If I remember rightly we struggled at home to Notts County and Rushden and Diamonds, scraped three points due to an own goal. Snuck in the play offs and mugged Swindon and then got battered in the final against a far better Bristol City team but won one nil thanks to a LEON KNIGHT penalty.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Richie Morris said:
Just out of interest, do all the pro McGhee people who always fall back on him getting us promoted remember the tail end of the Div 2 Season that year?

If I remember rightly we struggled at home to Notts County and Rushden and Diamonds, scraped three points due to an own goal. Snuck in the play offs and mugged Swindon and then got battered in the final against a far better Bristol City team but won one nil thanks to a LEON KNIGHT penalty.

Yes thats pretty much how it went. It was the 2-0 at Wrexham that sealed our spot.

However tell all the people that when I mention Danny Wilson as an ideal manager and we get oh MM outwitted him in the play offs. It was a one off game for f*** sake. And anyway they did us 4-1 at Withers that season.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Richie Morris said:

poor memory. we got into playoffs with games to spare. we were lucky against swindon but played well against bristol city

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Richie Morris said:
and then got battered in the final against a far better Bristol City team but won one nil thanks to a LEON KNIGHT penalty.
Eh? Battered? They had how many shots on target? One? Two?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
to be fair Richie we hardly got battered in the play off final and at times McGhee has got us playing well. Problem is we go from playing well to playing like a team in Albania division 8 between 3.45 and 4pm every saturday!

I still think thats due to him not playing a settled side.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I seem to remember we were 4 points clear at the top when Coppell left, shouldn't have needed the play offs!

:lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I still don't think that's a fair poll. You've got one OTT "brilliant" positive option, and then 3 negatives.

What about someting that's not "brilliant" but still supportive? For example: "He's doing a pretty fair job, given all the limitations and constraints we have to work under."

Which is what I feel!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trigger said:
I seem to remember we were 4 points clear at the top when Coppell left, shouldn't have needed the play offs!

:lolol:

Yes but try telling the Magoo in cretins that. At least Taylor carried on the good work Adams did.

Magoo nearly f***ed it up.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
got battered in the final against a far better Bristol City team B]

What a load of biased bollocks....or maybe you didn't go?

It was two equally inept sides and we got the break, battered is what we got by Swindon I think???

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Simster said:
We were fifth when he joined. We finished 4th.

Yes I suppose thats true coz the clipboard kid was in charge for 3 or 4 games which included the traditional capitulation at Brentford. r

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here