Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Definitely Maybe is 20 years old. What's your favourite track?

Favourite track from Definitely Maybe

• Rock 'n' Roll Star

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Shakermaker

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Live Forever

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Up In The Sky

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Columbia

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Supersonic

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Bring It On Down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigarettes & Alcohol

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Digsy's Dinner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Slide Away

Votes: 23 22.5%
  • Married With Children

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Rock and Roll Star for me (and them?) as it either opened or ended their gigs for the 5 times I saw them early doors. Their first tour of 300/400 venues saw the only gig moved to a larger venue, due to demand, was Brighton Pavillion Theatre when with a week to go it was moved to the East Wing & the largest crowd to see them play of 600 heard them, with unbelievable arrogance sing 'Look at you now you're all in my hands tonight' This was before they had released a single Or album. Marvellous stuff and the brothers made sure that all of us at the after show party in The Escape had a little chat. Memorable night
They toured again after the album was released this time to 1000/2000 venues and again at the end near Xmas? Brighton again set a new record for them 5,000 at the Centre. Great times

Supersonic had been released prior to that gig, and possibly shakermaker. As you say, a great gig.

My vote goes to Rock 'n' Roll Star

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Columbia for me quality track

Aye, my favourite too. I've always been a sucker for a wailing wall of uber-amplified sound. It's a great. great, album & my favourite Oasis release to date & probably forever. Those 20 years have gone by awfully quickly...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Their TV debut on The Word, performing Supersonic. Remember it like yesterday....

So exciting that first album. Pity they didn't carry on with that sound, rough raw and angry. I lost interest after What's the Story, even that never lived up to the promise of the first album. In my opinion obviously, and record sales will show that my opinion is wrong in this case.

Don't get me wrong there were some great songs on What's the story but the energy, danger and anger were lost from that first record.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Their TV debut on The Word, performing Supersonic. Remember it like yesterday....

Aha! I was just thinking about that. First time I became aware of them:& it was patently obvious that they were destined for rock 'n' roll mahoosiveness. Top find there, Mr B. :thumbsup:

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
despite being my all time favorite band, I haven't listened to this album in aaaages. forgot just how absolutely brilliant it is!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Never been a huge fan of Oasis, but there's no denying this album is a modern day classic.

I've voted Cigarettes and Alcohol, simply because the lyrics speak to me.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Has to be Digsy's dinner.

"Like opening a bag of monkeys."

I have the lasagna in the oven. :clap2::drool:

What an album! What a band! Great memories seeing them live on 5 different occasions. From a tiny town hall in Watford to Wembley Stadium. This is actually one of my go to albums when I go for a run.

I went for Slide Away but TBH my favourite track on this album changes every month. I have never got tired of hearing this album.

"You can have it all but how much do you want?" - Supersonic. Love those lyrics.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here