Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Definitely looking for a CB

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
OK, this isn't 'new' news, but I have heard from a very good source/sauce that we have made enquiries about a Championship centre back. Not going to be a deal, but it does show we are still looking and that we are being quite ambitious.

Won't name names of course, but Hans Kraay Fan Club knows it is a credible source.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can you name the defender?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sorry. I'm just making the point that it's encouraging that we are clearly still actively looking and looking at a decent level. Imagine we have lots of irons in fires.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
TRHK, I'm slightly confused. Are you saying we made an enquiry about a championship level defender but got rebuffed? If so, how serious an enquiry was it? Was it something mentioned in passing or something more solid(e.g the cb is available but not at a price we can afford)?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We missed the boat when we missed out on Darren Moore on a free from Barnsley, he would have been an absolute colossus at the back for us.

:nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair TRHK isnt one for bullshit so I believe him.

And yes this is good news. Shows we are still looking to strengthen the defence.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I always knew we were looking... but we need definites.

Thanks for the info TRHK.. as you said it does show intention.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Does this show the Greer deal is dead now?

Dont think so.... we all know about Greer so TRHK wouldnt have put this up... sounds like he's talking of someone else.... and it wouldnt be good news... it would be bad news.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't know anything about the Greer deal. However, even if we were talking to him I would assume it would be good management for us to explore other options should the Greer deal fall through.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I beleive Greer will still come, were covering our options and just letting Swindon know we are not going to be taken for a ride.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
to be honest if we are not looking for a decent centre back, then we are preparing to fail again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here