Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Definitely looking for a CB

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I beleive Greer will still come, were covering our options and just letting Swindon know we are not going to be taken for a ride.

I'm with you on that.I don't think Gus has given up on that one yet.

He brought Barnes back and i reckon Lua Lua will be back once Newcastle have had time to sort things out.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What is really heartening that all these on loan players last season are so keen to come back. That's not all that common. Gus and co must be doing something right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Won't name names of course, but Hans Kraay Fan Club knows it is a credible source.

As long as the mighty Hans Kraay says it's a good source theen I believe you :p

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do you really think Lua Lua is a real possibility? Has always felt like a longshot to me because he is so clearly a notch above.

Yes he is prob 50/50 from what i've read. Loan though, not sale.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I'm with you on that.I don't think Gus has given up on that one yet.

He brought Barnes back and i reckon Lua Lua will be back once Newcastle have had time to sort things out.

Hasn't Greer been relieved of the captincy at Swindon? Surely that makes his position there untenable?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
If that is the case then its only a matter of time before he is with us i would imagine.

Saw it either on the Swindon forums or in the comments bit of one of their rags articles about Prutton that was put on here recently I think. Very far from Gospel. Do think we'll get him though..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is that true re Greer? Where did u hear he'd lost captaincy?

I can't understand the point to the thread, I should bloody well hope that we are in the market for a center back, I thought that would be a given? We have leaked goals and been soft as shit at center back for a number of seasons, so this isn't really news to me, especially due to the fact we have been inquiring about Greer for about a month now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I can't understand the point to the thread, I should bloody well hope that we are in the market for a center back, I thought that would be a given? We have leaked goals and been soft as shit at center back for a number of seasons, so this isn't really news to me, especially due to the fact we have been inquiring about Greer for about a month now.

The point is that there is (pointless) thread after thread about how we haven't signed anyone and how we're getting left behind and how everyone else in Div 3 has signed Messi and how it's only four weeks to the season and how we need a centre back (and striker, and midfield and teaboy).

I thought it was quite reassuring to hear from a credible source at another club that we are:

(a) actively looking still
(b) looking at a good level
(c) not just talking to Greer.

No more pointless than all the other crap threads about our lack of signings.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The point is that there is (pointless) thread after thread about how we haven't signed anyone and how we're getting left behind and how everyone else in Div 3 has signed Messi and how it's only four weeks to the season and how we need a centre back (and striker, and midfield and teaboy).

I thought it was quite reassuring to hear from a credible source at another club that we are:

(a) actively looking still
(b) looking at a good level
(c) not just talking to Greer.

No more pointless than all the other crap threads about our lack of signings.

Spot on, and thank you for the first post...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you really think Lua Lua is a real possibility? Has always felt like a longshot to me because he is so clearly a notch above.

If we dont get him it will be because he has been grabbed by another Div 1 side or lower because nobody above Div 1 will be interested in him. He is not the player who is going to get us promotion as much as a proven goalscorer might.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Sorry what is the point of this thread............we've looked at a Championship CB ( ok,fits the criteria) but we're not getting him..................HELP !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here