Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deco

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the bloke is quality and IMO Portugal's best player.

Massive miss for them. They still have quality on the ball + are technically excellant but they are (if we are on our game) beatable.

Finally buzzing properly now . Sat is going to be messy and memorable

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What goes around comes around, that cheat has been diving for years and will not now get the chance to get one of our defenders sent off

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
s.stubbs said:
Hopefully Figo will get a ban from for that disgracefull head butt:nono:

To right, I just hope the ref's report shows he got the yellow card for something other than the head butt, then fifa must ban him

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
gazwag said:
To right, I just hope the ref's report shows he got the yellow card for something other than the head butt, then fifa must ban him

the yellow card must have been for something else like dissent otherwise the refs are under a fifa directive that they must send people off for a deliberate head-butt.
judging by that ref, i doubt he would have a problem sending figo off should he have seen it :lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
gazwag said:
What goes around comes around, that cheat has been diving for years and will not now get the chance to get one of our defenders sent off

Spot on. Talented Deco may be but he is also a cheating diving little twat. Glad he won't be playing against England.
With Costinha suspended as well and hopefully Ronaldo injured and hopefully some extra punishment on its way for Figo, England won't get a better opportunity to beat Portugal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
80's Seagull said:
Spot on. Talented Deco may be but he is also a cheating diving little twat. Glad he won't be playing against England.
With Costinha suspended as well and hopefully Ronaldo injured and hopefully some extra punishment on its way for Figo, England won't get a better opportunity to beat Portugal.

They still have decent players - they will be a miss but Deco has onl started two games and they have won two with out him.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Deco is a truly world class player. His absence will deprive Portugal of an absolutely crucial player and I for one am delighted. Eeeeennnnngerrrlaaaaand!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sorry but for me Deco's diving cheating unsportsman like conduct outweighs his talents. Glad he's out - although not really sure what the last card was for? The commentary team said time wasting but??

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
moggy said:
the yellow card must have been for something else like dissent otherwise the refs are under a fifa directive that they must send people off for a deliberate head-butt.
judging by that ref, i doubt he would have a problem sending figo off should he have seen it :lolol:

Agree with you on this, I can't believe that the ref gave Figo just a yellow for a deliberate headbutt he didn't even see. When you see the aftermath, Figo is gobbing off and getting quite agitated so I reckon the yellow was for dissent or unsportsmanlike conduct. If so then FIFA will definitely impose additional punishment for the headbutt, most likely a red card. I hope so, the prospect of playing the Portuguese without Figo, Deco, Costinha and possibly Ronaldo is good news for England.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
To be honest Deco should have been shown a straight red card for the first card he received. It was premeditated, reckless and dangerous. His 2nd yellow was for delaying the restart of the game. Stupid avoidable caution given the nature of the game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I wish Ricardo had been sent off for his blatant play-acting. I can't stand that sort of thing, and Portugal seem to be very adept at doing it. The whole game becomes so stop start when they take the lead because they all hit the deck requiring treatment all of the time.

If England go behind in the 2nd half vs Portugal, I would love to find a bookmaker offering a price on Ricardo needing treatment, and yet still able to play on, before the end of the game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gritt23 said:
I wish Ricardo had been sent off for his blatant play-acting. I can't stand that sort of thing, and Portugal seem to be very adept at doing it. The whole game becomes so stop start when they take the lead because they all hit the deck requiring treatment all of the time.

If England go behind in the 2nd half vs Portugal, I would love to find a bookmaker offering a price on Ricardo needing treatment, and yet still able to play on, before the end of the game.

You mean like Paul Robinson did?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The referee stoipping the game every 5 minutes for someone to get treatment has become seriously abused. How many times can they not continue?

I thought it was only for head injuries that play should be stopped, as it is far to open to abuse otherwise - as we saw in both games yesterday.

As for Deco, I just want to punch him every time I see his face. I'm really saddened by such an obviously talented player spending the entire match trying to cheat. He's by no means the only one, either.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Gwylan said:
You mean like Paul Robinson did?

Good point, first time I've seen him do it though

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sully said:
The referee stoipping the game every 5 minutes for someone to get treatment has become seriously abused. How many times can they not continue?

I thought it was only for head injuries that play should be stopped, as it is far to open to abuse otherwise - as we saw in both games yesterday.

As for Deco, I just want to punch him every time I see his face. I'm really saddened by such an obviously talented player spending the entire match trying to cheat. He's by no means the only one, either.

Quite. I would quite like to see - maybe - the same format as in rugby. A bloodbin replacement. Gte the person off quickly and bring someone else on instead. It works very well in rugby, without huge delays in the game so why not the same for football.

A swap for swap - i.e. Striker for striker etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here