Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death Penalty

Should Britain re-introduce the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 73 72.3%

• Total voters

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Correct me if I am wrong and I am sure NSC will only be too glad to do so. Can't you still be hanged for Treason in the UK? I thought it was the only crime you could be executed for since the abolition of execution for all other offences.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Couple of years ago there was anews report on the radio of a man who raped a 14 year old girl in, I think it was Iran, on Wednesday went to court and sentenced to death on Friday appeal heard Monday morning and rejected executed on Monday afternoon less than 7 days after committing the offence. The worst part was that the father of the girl had to choose the form of death and he chose drowning. To carry out the execution they bound the man and put him in a sack and the father then dropped him into a deep tank of water from a JCB type digger. They call that civilisation!!!!

well, they do say justice must be seen to be done and you cant say thats not the case here.

before getting moralistic though, how many would do this or somthing similar to someone if it were their daughter and they knew they could get away with it? Do you object to the method or the principle? What is a suitable "civilised" punishment for a rapist pedophile? Place them in a nice warm victorian institution and put on three meals, TV, pool table, library?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I think they should bring in the death penalty.
If not because of "human rights" "no better than them if we do that" etc etc brigade...then at least let LIFE imprisonment mean LIFE.
People like Huntley, Glitter, Hindley, West etc should be shot, hung, gassed, electrocuted where there is insurmountable evidence that they are bang to rights.
If there wasn't "insurmountable evidence" then they surely shouldn't have been found guilty anyway?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Correct me if I am wrong and I am sure NSC will only be too glad to do so. Can't you still be hanged for Treason in the UK? I thought it was the only crime you could be executed for since the abolition of execution for all other offences.

No, it was abolished recently

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
mmm did i say fry everyone who broke certain laws NO. BUT if certain laws are broken and there is undoubtable evidence i.e. dna or cctv etc then yes i think that certain crimes should be punishable by death and yes i am being rational too

Agree with this comment. If 100% then i vote yes.

Saves on tax payer money too! Sounds nice and harsh that doesn't it. :thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Agree with this comment. If 100% then i vote yes.

Saves on tax payer money too! Sounds nice and harsh that doesn't it. :thumbsup:

£78,000 per annum to keep a lifer inside not harsh really think it was the Reagen era who worked out that if the death penalty was abolished in the States income tax would go up 12% maybe if we bought it back ours could come down?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
£78,000 per annum to keep a lifer inside not harsh really think it was the Reagen era who worked out that if the death penalty was abolished in the States income tax would go up 12% maybe if we bought it back ours could come down?

You make it sound like such a fantastic monetary saving policy and that really should NOT be an issue here.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Why is it relevent. Are you saying that the opinions of those with relatives who have sufffered at the hands of a serial killer matter more than the rest of society then?

its relevant as why should these so called humans get away with it because lets face it prisons are more like holiday camps than any kind of punishment and well answer the question how would YOU feel if it was your mum or nan?

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
its relevant as why should these so called humans get away with it because lets face it prisons are more like holiday camps than any kind of punishment and well answer the question how would YOU feel if it was your mum or nan?

That is absolute rubbish. Holiday camps? :lolol: You have been reading too many crappy newspapers.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
You make it sound like such a fantastic monetary saving policy and that really should NOT be an issue here.

maybe not BUT that would sway a lot of peoples minds in the current financial climate, Anyway we can't reinstate it all the tme we are in the EU so this is just opinions and as far as i am aware we can still have our own?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
We already tried the death penalty once but it didn't seem to work very well as a deterent did it!

But i would be in favour of bringing it back so we don't have to pay to keep certain scum alive. Like Richard Madeley.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hold on. I am asking whether or not you feel the opinions of the victims of serial killers hold more water than the opinions of the rest of society. Can you answer that?

I presume you're saying yes, but if you are saying no then why bother asking how I'd feel if it was one of my own? I'd have thought it was fairly obvious how I'd feel.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
one of my best mates is a screw at Lewes and he reckons they have a better life than he does
I know someone who did time for a single week in a low security prison and he'd back up your facts. Really, a handful of days inside with access to a table tennis table and a TV is no deterrent.

But that is a whole lot different to being stuck with that life for years on end. It's probably not dissimilar to the feeling of being unemployed for a week.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Hold on. I am asking whether or not you feel the opinions of the victims of serial killers hold more water than the opinions of the rest of society. Can you answer that?

I presume you're saying yes, but if you are saying no then why bother asking how I'd feel if it was one of my own? I'd have thought it was fairly obvious how I'd feel.

no they dont count for more, but a public referendum would be the only fair way to see if it should ever be reinstated. I never said yes either i can just see it from both sides. MY personal opinion is bring it back due to various things i have seen in my lifetime that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here