Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dearest Bozza - Oh Lord amongst my fellow Albion Supporters.....

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If we have to have a new 'whatsit' , that is OK as long as it incorporates the Goldstone Floodlighting Pylon - That, for me, is the symbol of everything which has gone before !!

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I have been toying with a bit of a refresh, similar to the blog logo...

nsbu_2.jpg

That'll be a damn good logo for the future of NSC.

...but there are a lot of traditionalists around these parts.

It's time to move on. The Goldstone legacy will remain in the memories of older supporters. The club are at the dawn of a new beginning which starts with the Amex, Tony Bloom and Gus Poyet. Let us look forward, not backwards.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
This forum takes it's name from the old north stand and the logo represents that. It's also a brilliant logo so why change it?

Maybe the font could do with cleaning up a bit?

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
This forum takes it's name from the old north stand and the logo represents that. It's also a brilliant logo so why change it?

If we have to have a new 'whatsit' , that is OK as long as it incorporates the Goldstone Floodlighting Pylon - That, for me, is the symbol of everything which has gone before !!

This. There's gonna be enough new to keep everyone happy. Forgetting where you come from can happen a lot quicker than you think.

D

Deleted member 2719

I suppose it's a question of does this forum want the jcl's, maybe maybe not, but one thing i am sure the forum does need and that's the AG (After Goldstone) supporter.

So i would go with progress on this one although maybe eventually a sub forum for traditionalists! (Old F*ckers).

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
sopmehow the fat seagull looks totally different and terrible that way round.
Been studying Heraldic symbols and their meanings. MARTLET (as on Sussex Badge)...One who has been disposessed of land,subsist by virtue and merit not by inheritance.

SEAGULL (Mew)It signifies that land and hope are near to lost mariners.

Oh BTW a bird flying from right to left signifies strength. A bird flying from left to right signifies weak....A rethink maybe?
Just a thought,we will always be SEAGULLS.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I suppose it's a question of does this forum want the jcl's, maybe maybe not, but one thing i am sure the forum does need and that's the AG (After Goldstone) supporter.

So i would go with progress on this one although maybe eventually a sub forum for traditionalists! (Old F*ckers).
Lol! Have some respect...it's MR Old F*cker to you,did'nt your Mummy and Daddy teach you to respect your elders and betters...tch...Kids today....

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I love that NSC blog logo. Time to move on I think, can't we put the Goldstone floodlights behind the West stand photo or something? You know, to keep the old boys happy :jester:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
love the new one, why not have two themes of classic/new? or do a poll and change it if it wins

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
This forum takes it's name from the old north stand and the logo represents that.

Time to progress along with the club, but if we could have a blend of the new, with a nod to the derivation of the forum name, I think it might suit all.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I love the existing logo, I think it reminds us how far we have come since the dark days of Archer & Co. But I also understand the people who want to change it. I think if there was a poll, I'd vote for it to stay how it is.

I actually think a fusion of the two would be nice. The floodlight pylon is great, but I do think we should acknowledge the new ground somehow.

Hmm, good idea - a ghostlike version of the flood gantry (which looks like a pylon, but I digress) as an apparition that faces the 'blog' version of the Amex roof.

I expect a presentation of this project by the weekend, or no more sweets until it's done my lad. ???

Oh and one more thing; I'll be buying from Amazon in the next day or so - going from NSC to do it might deserve an 'add to my reputation' from someone who ranks as high as any in Rome, wouldn't you agree? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm not a techie but would it be possible to have both old and new logo as options for each user then we could just change our settings to either "stuck in the past" or "whizzbang modern"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here