Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dearest Bozza - Oh Lord amongst my fellow Albion Supporters.....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
In the words of Bob Marley 'In this great future you can't forget your past'

How about a logo consisting of the old floodlight on the left, with the seagull flying to the new stadium on the right?

Twente2

Jul 12, 2011
Forget the past ffs whats ppls obsession with living in the past? The future is where it is at

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
People on tgis site seriously need to stop living in the past

I find this statement to be stupid. Nobody is living in the past, but we have a history that no one should forget. Do you rip up photos of your kids once they have grown up. Or put away photos of cherished loved ones when they are not here any more.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
original.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The option to choose is a good idea. But a new logo should still have the floodlight on it, imo. If it's possible to do both without it looking too rubbish.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the floodlight. Yes, it is the past - but the forum name itself 'north stand chat' harks back the Goldstone. I would be happy to have an old and a new logo on some kind of rotation - if if could be done so that big Mr [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] doesn't have to manually change it all the time.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
With the floodlight pylon it's instantly recognisable as a football site. With the arch it could be any athletic, american football or any sort of site.
Marmite, Heinze Coke. etc are content to leave their brand logo's alone. So leave well alone it tells a story.
I wonder if Arsenals younger supporters would change their Cannon for a more modern piece of artillery as a symbol.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just put the new seagull at the far end of the current logo-sorted

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The floodlight has to stay.

As others have said, design something that incorporates both, by all means, but please don't bin the lamp.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've done this in paint using cut and paste, so it's obviously crap, but gives an idea of how you could fuse the two together.View attachment 26948
That's not bad (the design not the quality as you say), but maybe a bit crowded?
I dunno, it doesn't really matter that much I guess, both things should definitely be on it though. Past and future.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just call it Dick's Chat :) simples

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
With the floodlight pylon it's instantly recognisable as a football site. With the arch it could be any athletic, american football or any sort of site.
Marmite, Heinze Coke. etc are content to leave their brand logo's alone. So leave well alone it tells a story.
I wonder if Arsenals younger supporters would change their Cannon for a more modern piece of artillery as a symbol.

Like what, a howitzer? Apache?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How about 3 options , (1) old image , (2) new image or (3) fusion of both ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think it has to be some sort of fusion representing the history (the floodlight) with the future (the archway)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Here are a couple.

Exactly like what we have but with the seagull reversed. :bhasign: I can do more modern 'Falmer-esq' if anyone wants it?

Attachments

• newNSC1.jpg
    newNSC1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 71
  • newNSC2.jpg
    newNSC2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 69

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here