Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Nicky Forster

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
i think your posibly near the truth here
he went to poyet because el abd was offered a contract when nobody was meant to have one

poyet said he couldnt and suggested foz went out on loan a joint aggrement

it was then leaked to the press and potet took a back wards turn

and denied it

he then shut him out and after a public apology was made benched him and had no intentions of playing him even johnny dixon or joe gatting would have been played in front of him

now he will walk into charltons team and score 5 goals from now till the end of the season
and our boys of the future possibly will be lucky to get a goal between them

eare

Good luck Nicky. Thankyou for the goals.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Thanks for everything Nicky. Great player and like many have said without him who knows where we would be after the last two seasons and how anyone can claim they are pleased he has gone and despite our great run atm still not be a little disappointed that our top goalscorer had gone on loan to a club in the playoffs is beyond me.

Would have to say, my favourite Forster goal was probably away at Walsall this season. Gutted I wasn't there as it was absolute class. Proof he's still got it.....

Feb 14, 2010
A very good 3rd division player for us. His thank you was his pay. His thank you to the Albion was chucking his toys out his pram and trying to undermine Poyet just before a crucial game at Orient all because he does not understand that nobody has to award you a new fixed term contract and that a fixed term contract is just that - fixed for a period. He signed up to a fixed term contract and he had no right to try and cause unrest and force the club to award him a new contract in the way he did. He had to go and well done Poyet. To all the players reading and posting on this forum, take the warning, get your head down and be thankful that you are playing football for a living - but dont dare think that us fand, Bloom and the Albion owe you a living.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
i think your posibly near the truth here
he went to poyet because el abd was offered a contract when nobody was meant to have one

poyet said he couldnt and suggested foz went out on loan a joint aggrement

it was then leaked to the press and potet took a back wards turn

and denied it

he then shut him out and after a public apology was made benched him and had no intentions of playing him even johnny dixon or joe gatting would have been played in front of him

now he will walk into charltons team and score 5 goals from now till the end of the season
and our boys of the future possibly will be lucky to get a goal between them

Poyet is the manager and his decision is the final one. That has to be the way it is. Forster would have done better to stay with us and carry on scoring goals and he may have got a new deal here and if not I am sure someone else would have signed him at the end of the season. However, when he was out of the team (for whatever reason), Poyet found the formation and team that worked for us and moved us up the table. Why would he change that to keep a disenchanted player happy. Everyone knows that Murray is much better suited to the lone striker role anyway.

Having said that, Forster was fantastic for us for two and a half seasons and a great player to watch. He will be missed and it is a shame that he left under these circumstances. Good luck at Charlton.

Feb 14, 2010
Poyet is the manager and his decision is the final one. That has to be the way it is. Forster would have done better to stay with us and carry on scoring goals and he may have got a new deal here and if not I am sure someone else would have signed him at the end of the season. However, when he was out of the team (for whatever reason), Poyet found the formation and team that worked for us and moved us up the table. Why would he change that to keep a disenchanted player happy. Everyone knows that Murray is much better suited to the lone striker role anyway.

Having said that, Forster was fantastic for us for two and a half seasons and a great player to watch. He will be missed and it is a shame that he left under these circumstances. Good luck at Charlton.

I agree its a shame aas he is a very good third division player - probably one of the best strikers in the division. But I resent that a player thought he could cause unrest before the Orient game to get himself a new contract - and the bloke wanted to be a coach down here. Not very bright was it. Well done Poyet and Charlton, or frankly anywhere but the Albion is the best place for him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree its a shame aas he is a very good third division player - probably one of the best strikers in the division. But I resent that a player thought he could cause unrest before the Orient game to get himself a new contract - and the bloke wanted to be a coach down here. Not very bright was it. Well done Poyet and Charlton, or frankly anywhere but the Albion is the best place for him.

Absolutely. It is great to have a manager who, with the backing of the chairman, can handle players in this way and not give in to any demands they make.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
[who pete curley no never heard of him lol

oQUOTE=Hungry Joe;3418995]Are you the Paul Clark who used to sit in Row M in C Block with Curly until a few seasons ago?[/QUOTE]

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Why not? We will be looking for bar staff and stewards at Falmer

Twat.

I suspect none of this had happened if El Abd not been offered a contract, and under those circumstances NF would have waited like the rest of the players in the same situation as himself.

Feb 14, 2010
Twat.

I suspect none of this had happened if El Abd not been offered a contract, and under those circumstances NF would have waited like the rest of the players in the same situation as himself.

On yer bike. it was not and is not up to a player to demand a contract and cause trouble before a crucial game. If the manager wanted to give El Abd a contract and not Forstr then its his kneck on the line. Forster signed a fixed term contract - its fixed term, he agreed it and he can flip burgers at falmer but as a coach? He f***ed that up by chucking his toys out his pram - not very bright and the last thing we meed is more dumb arsed english coaches who have played football in the english lower leagues

jamie1972

Mar 4, 2010
Mid Sussex
On yer bike. it was not and is not up to a player to demand a contract and cause trouble before a crucial game. If the manager wanted to give El Abd a contract and not Forstr then its his kneck on the line. Forster signed a fixed term contract - its fixed term, he agreed it and he can flip burgers at falmer but as a coach? He f***ed that up by chucking his toys out his pram - not very bright and the last thing we meed is more dumb arsed english coaches who have played football in the english lower leagues

What do we need? An old, foreign coach? Whatever people think of Forster's value to the team or his recent conduct he's just the sort of bloke Englisg football needs taking coaching badges?

Why would we need a coach from the same country as the majority of the players? The country where the club is. Someone who has played at, if not well above the level of most of those players for something approaching 20 years. Someone with vast experince of playing the game from u21 international level to high pressure play-offs to wet Wednesdays in Grimbsy fighting for points.

He may/may not have been an arse recently but he is clearly one of the more articulate and intelligent players at the club. One balls up shouldn't change that.

If the coaching objection is that we don't need an inexperienced coach then fine but 'dumb arsed and English.' Wenger and Mourinho never played at any reasonable level and they turned out alright...

Feb 14, 2010
What do we need? An old, foreign coach? Whatever people think of Forster's value to the team or his recent conduct he's just the sort of bloke Englisg football needs taking coaching badges?

Why would we need a coach from the same country as the majority of the players? The country where the club is. Someone who has played at, if not well above the level of most of those players for something approaching 20 years. Someone with vast experince of playing the game from u21 international level to high pressure play-offs to wet Wednesdays in Grimbsy fighting for points.

He may/may not have been an arse recently but he is clearly one of the more articulate and intelligent players at the club. One balls up shouldn't change that.

If the coaching objection is that we don't need an inexperienced coach then fine but 'dumb arsed and English.' Wenger and Mourinho never played at any reasonable level and they turned out alright...

Yep I agree that be be a great manager you dont have to be a player but look at english football, people like Graham Taylor, Micky Adams, Sam Allerdice, they still believe in POMO football. We have in Poyrt someone who knows that successful football is passing football. But that is not the point against Forste. Forster cant be a coach or manager because he would need to understand what a fixed term contract means and that there is nothing wrong with one ending and it not being renewed. We also dont need trouble makers. Poyet has played a blinder.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Twat.

Agreed 100%

Don't necessarily agree with your first comment but definitely with the rest.

Have you ever worked on a fixed term contract? If you did, did you leave it until it had expired before you a) sort to renew/extend or b) look for another job. If you did then you are truly a mug. Why is it wrong for a footballer to see what the likelihood of an extension is, especially when the club have given a contract to another player. Are you so blinkered you can't see the hypocrisy? Perhaps you should also take a look again at Paulclark's posts.

As for demanding a contract, when exactly did that happen or is this something you made up.

Feb 14, 2010
Agreed 100%

Don't necessarily agree with your first comment but definitely with the rest.

Have you ever worked on a fixed term contract? If you did, did you leave it until it had expired before you a) sort to renew/extend or b) look for another job. If you did then you are truly a mug. Why is it wrong for a footballer to see what the likelihood of an extension is, especially when the club have given a contract to another player. Are you so blinkered you can't see the hypocrisy? Perhaps you should also take a look again at Paulclark's posts.

As for demanding a contract, when exactly did that happen or is this something you made up.

Yes I have. Ive also worked for less than £4 an hour but that was a few years ago.
He did it before the orient game on sky tv and thankfully we had a manager with a back bone, hence he has hardly been seen since

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here