Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Nicky Forster

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Someone in the Forster camped leaked 'something' to SSN, hence SNN putting the transfer story out. Let's face it , it wouldn't have been someone from the club would it! If it was made up by SSN then Forster should have denied it immediately ... he did not and that to me speaks volumes.

His silence over the SSN report told us (those of us with no knowledge of what goes on at the club on a day to day basis) all we needed to know-and clearly he should have handled the whole situation in a manner you'd expect from a seasoned pro. OK, he may have been pissed off but it happens to all of us at some time in our working lives. He saw el Abd get a contract and was miffed that he didn't. Poyet had repeated a few times that el Abd was a player he liked and wanted at the club-it's natural that he got a deal. Nicky, you shouldn't have thrown a tantrum-I thought you'd be above that.

Sorry but Forster is in the wrong here and I'm surprised that your trying to defend him on this. He tried it on and got screwed. The fact that he didn't getback in the team after the supposed 'kiss and make up' also speaks volumes.
I would hazard a guess that it wasn't just Poyet that he p*ssed of
f.

If Tony Bloom didn't like Forster's handling of the situation then there was only ever going to be one outcome-and it's a real shame because when he's on form there isn't a better goal scorer at our level.

One thing he has done though is to show ALL other players at the club who is running the show and it's none of them. Sad for Forster but long term it's great for the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Also, it would be great if he was here for our first game at Falmer, perhaps in a back office role working along side Gus and co.

I think there's more likelihood of me working alongside Gus and co. Bridges appear to have been burned on both sides.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So now Sky Sports are the fountain of all truth. Poyet has stated that Forster never handed in a transfer request. How is then that SSN say he handed in a transfer request yet the club never got anything?

that is what started the whole shambles of "Forstergate" no one at the club knew anything, yet it was on the most watched sports programme in England for hours and hours on 5th February

It is irrelevant if it was the truth or not what was on SSN. Poyet dropped Forster for the way the story broke, not what the story was about. Therefore Forster didn’t play in the Orient game. Only when Forster made his peace with Poyet, he got back in the squad

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
There fewer more exciting moments, seeing Forster put his head down and tear into the area, ball at his feet. Thank you Nicky, best best wishes.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So now Sky Sports are the fountain of all truth. Poyet has stated that Forster never handed in a transfer request. How is then that SSN say he handed in a transfer request yet the club never got anything?

We know that no OFFICIAL transfer request was made. He chose to use SSN to inform the club of his intentions.

If you were running a football club and your most senior player didn't hand in a transfer request, to you or the board but went to SSN instead, you'd probably take that as said player taking the piss. How would YOU have handled the matter?

Forster has pissed me off over this because I'd much prefer to have had him playing for us but his stupidity has put paid to that. Fortunately, it looks like we might be safe without him.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Children, stop miring this simple thank you thread from appreciative fans to a super footballer with your petty squabbling. Start new threads (or bounce old ones) if you want to do this, but leave this one to those who want to remember the great goals and contribution NF made to our club.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Children, stop miring this simple thank you thread from appreciative fans to a super footballer with your petty squabbling. Start new threads (or bounce old ones) if you want to do this, but leave this one to those who want to remember the great goals and contribution NF made to our club.

Firstly I'm no child. Secondly I appreciate Forster and always will. Thirdly - this is a messageboard for people to air their views and opinions on whichever thread they choose to as long as they play by the site rules. And fourthly your condescension indicates you have not actually read or understood what I and many others have been trying to say.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Bollocks

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
i think your posibly near the truth here
he went to poyet because el abd was offered a contract when nobody was meant to have one

poyet said he couldnt and suggested foz went out on loan a joint aggrement

it was then leaked to the press and potet took a back wards turn

and denied it

he then shut him out and after a public apology was made benched him and had no intentions of playing him even johnny dixon or joe gatting would have been played in front of him

now he will walk into charltons team and score 5 goals from now till the end of the season
and our boys of the future possibly will be lucky to get a goal between them

eare
You are right, I don't know who made the alleged comments as I have tried to find the article and can't. That is why I have asked those that continually bang on about a transfer request to see if they can. They probably can't either and that could be because no one made the comments about a transfer!

I'm not saying that Forster is whiter than white but on balance I believe the club made the bigger mistake. On 2nd Jan Forsters comments to SSN seemed to accept why the club weren't discussing contracts and at that point he stated he wanted to stay but at his age with a family he had to think about security. Nothing wrong with that. Then 30th Jan the club announce new contract to a good, but not exceptional, player contradicting their earlier statement about not discussing contracts. If I was the senior pro at the club, top scorer for two and half seasons, club captain, I think I would be a little miffed at the way I was being treated.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he went to poyet because el abd was offered a contract when nobody was meant to have one

and denied it

he then shut him out and after a public apology was made benched him and had no intentions of playing him even johnny dixon or joe gatting would have been played in front of him

now he will walk into charltons team and score 5 goals from now till the end of the season

never good form for someone close to the situation getting involved on here................................

:nono::nono::nono:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

and denied it

eare

Are you the Paul Clark who used to sit in Row M in C Block with Curly until a few seasons ago?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Forster has been a GREAT player for theAlbion over the last couple of years. No way would we have survived last season without him. Good to watch. shame its ended like this, but hey.

I don't think anyone is really in a position to judge Poyet's decision, until we see who is up front for the Albion first game of next season.

Onwards and upwards.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

and denied it

You are shameless. Great to see. Hopefully one day you'll be playing for my beloved Gillingh.... Brighton once again Nicky. :bigwave:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Firstly I'm no child. Secondly I appreciate Forster and always will. Thirdly - this is a messageboard for people to air their views and opinions on whichever thread they choose to as long as they play by the site rules. And fourthly your condescension indicates you have not actually read or understood what I and many others have been trying to say.

So thank him and sod off then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here