Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Nicky Forster

Feb 14, 2010
Absolutely. Legend is about as meaningful as 'amazing' in its modern useage.

yep the idea of Forster being a "legend" is laughable. Gary Nelson, Clive Walker, John Byrne, Gordon Smith were all better players and they are not close to true legends like Lawrenson, Gotsmanov and Ward. The posers must be related :lolol::lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks for trying to undermine the manager earlier in the year.

No, seriously, thanks very much, because you've made Poyet's job a lot easier.

When one of the main players in the sqaud, acts like a spoilt brat to a new young manager, and that manager crushes him like an ant, and then molds the team to go on its best run for years without said twat, then I have to thank you for making Poyet's position a lot stronger over the players, after the previous two weak managers who were walked all over.

Thanks Nick:D You won't be missed

Legend? Nowhere near. Charlie Webb, Lawrenson, Steve Foster, Brian Horton, Peter Ward, Sergei Gotsmanov, Zamora, Alan Mullery, Steve Gritt, and Robbie Reinalt are legends. Forster was a good 3rd division player. Sadly liked he "players trade union" and talked a load of garbage. He clearly didn't understand the principles of a fixed term contract - its fixed for a period and nobody has to give you another one. Shame his misguided toys throwing meant that he had to go.

Well said.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you really want to be careful who you call a Dick mate, and try and post a reason before reducing the argument to your level.

The manager and club undermined themselves so badly in that dispute, since then results have been better than they have been for years, and no player will ever try to f*** over Poyet all the time they are here. Lets hope Poyet keeps underminding himself, if what happened here is anything to go by!:D

What has Poyt learnt from it. Don't let jump ups as beens try and bluff you. If they do, f*** them off for the good of the team. Don't let a jumped up little *un* of a player, try and undermine you. Good lesson, well learnt.

I think you need to engage your brain next time, before posting shit like that.

And talking off Dicks, I think you need to remove Nickys from your arse hole, as he needs to catch a bus to London for the morning.

Touched a nerve there then.

The results improved once Forsters was back. We could have beaten Norwich but instead of having Forster on the bench we brought on Carole and lost. We should have beaten a lack lustre Huddersfield in the previous game but had nothing to bring on up front to take advantage of that.

I think it is you whose head is immersed in Uraguayan darkness. There would have been no problem if all players were treated equally but they weren't. The club annouce no contracts are going to be discussed and in the next breath give one to El Abd. A good solid player but not one you would expect to see playing regularly in a promotion push next year. Forsters', or his agents, comments merely stated the fact, ie his contract is up at end the year and he is available to talk to other clubs. No 'transfer request' was made as admitted by Poyet. It would have been better if he hadn't have said it but then Poyet should've have been honest about the contracts.

I am quite happy with the way things are progressing and that Poyet is our manager but that doesn't mean I worship the ground he treads and, as a young manager, I expect him to make mistakes. However, it whether he learns from these that will make him an even better manager.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
yep the idea of Forster being a "legend" is laughable. Gary Nelson, Clive Walker, John Byrne, Gordon Smith were all better players and they are not close to true legends like Lawrenson, Gotsmanov and Ward. The posers must be related :lolol::lolol:

There is only one legend to date.....Peter Ward.
No one else is even close. Lawrenson was the best player I have seen in an Albion shirt but he is still not a legend. Fans make the mistake of mixing up folk-hero and legend.
Reinelt is a folk-hero...Ward is a legend.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Legend? Nowhere near. Charlie Webb, Lawrenson, Steve Foster, Brian Horton, Peter Ward, Sergei Gotsmanov, Zamora, Alan Mullery, Steve Gritt, and Robbie Reinalt are legends. Forster was a good 3rd division player. Sadly liked he "players trade union" and talked a load of garbage. He clearly didn't understand the principles of a fixed term contract - its fixed for a period and nobody has to give you another one. Shame his misguided toys throwing meant that he had to go.

God you are as dumb as Mr Burns. Everybody knows what a fixed term contract is, especially in football. Everybody knows that when you approach the end of the contract you discuss to see whether it will be renewed or if you need to look elsewhere. You don't wait until the 30th June then turn up and say what's happening as I've got a wife, kids and a mortgage to look after. It's called planning ahead. Obviously something El Abd hasn't got to worry about because he is the exception to the rule. He had a fixed contract but got an extension when the club said they werent' talking about any contracts. Must be confusing to the others to hear that then.

Lets hope we can hang on to Jake Caskey despite this because we would look like complete mugs if he leaves and goes on to become a great player and we can only say 'there but for the grace of one more year on Forster's contract'. Still, time will tell.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why do some petty fools have to ruin a perfectly decent, clear and meaningful thread. Nicky Forster for me will always be an Albion legend, nowhere near in the ilk of Zamora, Foster or Ward, but in his own right and due to the fact he filled the void left by Zamora. Hopefully he will continue playing on next season at the club, let's not forget he stated in the Argus he would like to end his career and go into coaching with the Albion.

Great player and servant to the club and if we were without him last season we would be talking about a home game against Morecambe next Thursday instead of Southampton with someone like Martin Allen in charge.

Let's hope he makes up for his discrepancies in the summer and goes onto score more goals for the club next season. Good luck Nicky.

Well said. People seem to forget that in all the shenanigans, he never once said he wanted to leave.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think it is you whose head is immersed in Uraguayan darkness. There would have been no problem if all players were treated equally but they weren't. The club annouce no contracts are going to be discussed and in the next breath give one to El Abd. A good solid player but not one you would expect to see playing regularly in a promotion push next year. Forsters', or his agents, comments merely stated the fact, ie his contract is up at end the year and he is available to talk to other clubs. No 'transfer request' was made as admitted by Poyet. It would have been better if he hadn't have said it but then Poyet should've have been honest about the contracts.

I am quite happy with the way things are progressing and that Poyet is our manager but that doesn't mean I worship the ground he treads and, as a young manager, I expect him to make mistakes. However, it whether he learns from these that will make him an even better manager.

:clap:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Nicky Forster has been an absolute star since he has been here. His goals kept us up last season lets not forget and probably again this season (it's only recently we have been playing well). He's always been a complete professional and apart from one blot on his copybook, been a great advert and ambassador for the club and the game.

I wish him all the best at Charlton and hope he hasn't kicked his last ball for us.

Get over yourself sweetheart. Petty fools? Ruined thread? Are you on HRT?

I think you are the one who needs to get over them self, you twat. The thread title indicates this is a thread to thank Forster for his time at the club as regretfully he could be gone for good. So yours and others attention seeking and irrelevant comments are not f***ing WANTED.

Slag him off on another thread for scoring over 50 goals in 3 seasons. Just say thanks on this one.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I think you are the one who needs to get over them self, you twat. The thread title indicates this is a thread to thank Forster for his time at the club as regretfully he could be gone for good. So yours and others attention seeking and irrelevant comments are not f***ing WANTED.

Slag him off on another thread for scoring over 50 goals in 3 seasons. Just say thanks on this one.

Oh dear, do you feel better now? Good.

PS; careful who you go calling a twat sunshine.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm old enough to remember some of the best Ward, Lawrenson etc.. but for some reason he's been one of my favourites to go and watch.

Not the best striker we've ever had by a long shot, but he has always appeared to have maximised the talent he has. Also looked after himself to be still knocking them in at his age.

Cheers Nicky.

Last edited:

entente cordiale

Nov 12, 2005
Cheers Nicky. You've been a star, a pleasant change from countless veterans coming to Brighton for a season or two on the treatment table. I'm sure you could have done your coaching badges here, not many strikers' tricks you couldn't have worked on with Murray and whoever else we have in the coming seasons.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I wish him well, he was a class striker and wont be easy to replace instantly.
You don't go for 100,00's of pounds to several clubs over the years for nothing.

Although I can see too many more seasons left in his dodgy knees.

Good luck Nicky.

But much more important COME ON THE ALBION!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here