Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Fantasists

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I only lasted the first paragraph - actually I found your post more interesting ...
Brief precis: Bitter and twisted Scummer with a Brighton obsession saying that he's NOT in fact a bitter and twisted Scummer with a Brighton obsession. A truly inspired piece of self-delusion. The rest of the thread is a few sensible posts, but sadly quite a few saddo Albion fans, cowed by years of being in Southampton's shadow, saying we should be nice to them and that he's got a point, actually.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What is ridiculous is how people judge all of a teams fans on a handful of posts on an internet forum.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
spot on couldnt have put it better myself, good luck saturday

What the fcuk!!? Wishing good luck to our opponents... why? As usual, I hope the Albion win... isn't that what supporters do?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As for the OP, he admits that Adkins made a very stupid statement... their chairman is also a prize tw@t with his 'The Southampton Style' winning comment... they have Harding, they have Hammond: both of whom showed themselves up in their behaviour towards the Albion... then there is the aged Spurs / Stains fixed game which, sadly, I am old enough to remember... we win promotion, then we win the league, which in turn makes Adkins look like the clown he clearly is... now we are supposed to 'stop it'... FFS... he will reap what he has so arrogantly sewn on Sat and, IMHO, quite right too...

BTW, there ARE plenty of arrogant Stains fans too, even if the OP doesn't seem to know any... just look at some of their earlier droppings on this site...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
PS. I am not a fantasist...

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I'm sorry but as someone who had to live there for 4 years and still goes back every other week to visit my Mum, I find a lot of people in Southampton to be ignorant arseholes - there is something wrong with that town.

Just have a read of many of their posts on the Daily Echo website after 5 on a saturday, when it comes to discussing Brighton what you get is several pages worth of Homaphobic Hatred (i.e. last week) - can't believe it was still on there 36 hours later (if I was gay I would have reported their rag it to the police). Utter scum.

Just have a read of many of their posts on the Daily Echo website after 5 on a saturday, when it comes to discussing Brighton what you get is several pages worth of Homaphobic Hatred (i.e. last week) - can't believe it was still on there 36 hours later (if I was gay I would have reported their rag it to the police). Utter scum.

You don't have to be gay to report homophobia.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
..... then there is the aged Spurs / Stains fixed game which, sadly, I am old enough to remember...
I was at the game - and there was no fix. It is a fallacy perpetuated by people who prefer myth over fact. Why would SFC deliberately throw away the chance of being champions when they were already promoted anyway?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Stop it, just stop it. Enough really is enough.

I can understand your dislike of Adkins. No, I can. OK, maybe not at the teeth-gnashing, mouth-frothing psychotic level that seems to perpetuate this board and undoubtedly, every waking moment for some of you… but I can. He said something which in essence, has backfired. Well done to your team, you’ve been fantastic this year. Your support, on the other hand, has not. If anything, what I remember as being a fair, reasoned group of supporters has dissipated.

Earlier this year, Portsmouth’s retarded little brother Bournemouth (now affectionately known as Bompey) levelled the “arrogant scummers” jibe at us.

The truth is, we’re not. Adkins might have said something which could perceived as such but you’ve clung onto it like rabid dog, gnarling and snarling away like a group of mental patients anxiously awaiting your next dosage of sedatives that never came.

Time to get the f*** over it.

If there is any arrogance that is surfacing it is from yourselves. Take a look at this board. It’s in meltdown. Yes, I can understand you’re excited about your future and you have every right to be. But - guards of honour? Talk of blitzing all those that are in your path and how it easy it was this year. Don’t forget, you hardly set St. Mary’s alight this year with your stifling performance… I wonder if you’ll be able to keep your consistency against an injury ravaged SCC this coming Saturday?

And so we’re back on to arrogance. Everyone on here seems to work with a Saints fan who claims that they openly belittle Brighton and claim we’d have caught you. Methinks the sedatives are wearing thin again as these people are clearly a figment of your over active imaginations. Believe me, I know a lot more Saints fans on here then you’ll ever know and they’ve been nothing but objective and gracious about Brighton winning the league.

Likewise I have, until I logged on today and saw this cacophony of idiocy spewing out from this board. Well, it’s either idiocy or a contagious form of brain-rot. What happened to all the objective, sensible Brighton fans?

You say we’re non-descript, plain and boring. Well, what are you then? Whilst I (used) to sympathise with your troubles, the excitement of winning the league at a canter has obviously muddled your simple minds. Too much sea air? Or did you step on one of the many discarded needles and inadvertently jack yourself up on the way to the Withdean? Have they been putting something in the rock round there?

Forgive us if we’re getting a little tired of having to post ripostes but I cannot help but feel the fever pitch created on here warranted some form of reply.

Anyway, to return to your bitter tirades - embarrassing, much?

Sir Nigel Adkins!!!
I cannot f***ing wait for Saturday
The **OFFICIAL** Give Adkins loads from the South Stand thread

And according to this loon, almost every single player in your starting eleven is better than anyone else’s in League One - ARROGANT, much?

The Adkins diet

You have some bizarre, warped and paranoid perception that every club is jealous of you. Once again my little patients, no-one’s out to get you. It’s all in your heads. Everyone from Peterborough, to Saints, Charlton to Huddersfield are bitter of your success. Oh, is it any surprise that whilst most Saints were once fond of you (I certainly was), we now pity you. In fact, we now pigeon-hole you in with Bournemouth; another club paranoid of its nearest rivals to the point it drove them insane. Nurse, nurse, can I get another prescription?

Why do you court our approval and attention so much? Why do you get so bitter and twisted about Saints fans allegedly not graciously acknowledging your success? Well, if you’ve had the brains and hand/eye co-ordination to do a little search, you’d find that we have:

SaintsWeb

Most of these messages, of course, had been posted by Saints fans BEFORE we realised what a bunch of sore winners you actually are.

It’s fair to say, many of you are a very strange and twisted bunch. Aside from my brief interlude on this board to message you, you’ll find that this obsessive behaviour is not reciprocated by Saints fans and is almost exclusively one-sided. These threads are only from the first two pages, yet it shows a stunning amount of arrogance, bitterness, perceived jealousy, paranoia and most of all, stupidity.

Our undefeated home record
Song for Saints game
Message for SCC fans who come on here..
Are we the new SCC?
A song for Southampton
Win Title Against Southampton
A brand new cliche for Nigel Adkins c/o Southampton FC

That’s from the first two pages… let alone the past few months worth of cyclic tubthumping that has occurred on here. All of this has all been accrued just from skimming this board. No doubt we’ve probably been mentioned a few more times that I’ve missed.

And even when we do congratulate you, some of you *still* cannot accept it gracefully:

Southampton
Congratulations to all at BHA from a Saint

I’m not bitter and I’m not jealous - the best team has won the league. Here’s a suggestion though; how about enjoying it instead of focusing on revelling on other teams potential misfortunes?

Anyway, enjoy your new derby with Crawley - a club small enough for you to bully into submission.

I shouldn’t have to remind you but what with you obsessing over us, making up imaginary (and evil!) Saints supporters and fantasising on a level of paranoia I’ve never encountered, I think it’ll only be fair to do so.

If you’re sore because Adkins said something through gamesmanship -get over it. If you’re bitter we played out a draw with Spurs over thirty years ago to deny you promotion, get over it.

Either that, or get your heads checked out.

Bye for now my little fantasists - don't forget to take your pills.

Methinks he has a point :lolol:

How long did that diatribe take you to write, Sausage?! :lolol:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
What ever happened to their 'Director of football' Clive Woodward, the rot for the Saints seemed to set in just after that strange appointment.

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
I'm sorry but as someone who had to live there for 4 years and still goes back every other week to visit my Mum, I find a lot of people in Southampton to be ignorant arseholes - there is something wrong with that town.

Hahaha... it's funny you should mention that. I frequently get into arguments with my Soton-born friends who say that Southampton isn't an ignorant, arrogant or violent city and that it's actually quite nice.

I am the only one fighting the corner that it's a hellhole full of knuckle-draggers and pompous "look at me" stuck up student types.

I've been fortunate enough to visit and live in a few places and this is one point I do agree upon, definitely; there is something wrong with a lot of the people in the city, though I don't find it attributed directly to our fans. Simple manners like holding open doors, saying please and thank you and general common courtesy seems to be exclusively amiss here.

So in conclusion, yes, I wholeheartedly agree with that point. It's a feral wasteland... doesn't matter though, I'm off to live in Thailand at some point in the future :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Apr 19, 2011
Horsham
Now, I browse this site almost daily, but only now have I felt the need to sign up to comment on the first post of this thread... Whether his opinions are right, or wrong (most definitely wrong), I simply couldn't believe how much effort he put in, just to look incredibly sad.

Dear, dear me. 'Mare.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Hahaha... it's funny you should mention that. I frequently get into arguments with my Soton-born friends who say that Southampton isn't an ignorant, arrogant or violent city and that it's actually quite nice.

I am the only one fighting the corner that it's a hellhole full of knuckle-draggers and pompous "look at me" stuck up student types.

I've been fortunate enough to visit and live in a few places and this is one point I do agree upon, definitely; there is something wrong with a lot of the people in the city, though I don't find it attributed directly to our fans. Simple manners like holding open doors, saying please and thank you and general common courtesy seems to be exclusively amiss here.

So in conclusion, yes, I wholeheartedly agree with that point. It's a feral wasteland... doesn't matter though, I'm off to live in Thailand at some point in the future :)

Looking for new people to bore and badmouth?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Now, I browse this site almost daily, but only now have I felt the need to sign up to comment on the first post of this thread... Whether his opinions are right, or wrong (most definitely wrong), I simply couldn't believe how much effort he put in, just to look incredibly sad.

Dear, dear me. 'Mare.
On an absolutely beautiful day, at the weekend. He'll have been disappointed with that.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
So in conclusion, yes, I wholeheartedly agree with that point. It's a feral wasteland... doesn't matter though, I'm off to live in Thailand at some point in the future

What, having trouble getting your end away in Southampton ?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Go on the BBC click Sport Click League 1 and look at the table.
It's been like that for over 200 days...
We are better than you! And will be even if you beat us 20-0!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here