Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Fantasists

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Compared to the childish bollocks some of our lot post on the Southampton Echo site, I thought that SS's comments were fair and reasonable.

Anyone who is not an Albion fan who says/writes/posts anything less than glowing in gushing spunk about the club is accused of disrespect/being an inbred/ clueless etc. This is extended to the likes of Tony Bloom and Gus, who have had snide anti-semetic comments and accusations of incompetence levelled at them respectively. Some of the posts on Ask the Club beggar belief, you really have no idea just how lucky we are at this club.

Yet yesterday our 'fans' were abusing Matty Richards at Walsall for the crime of having played for the Albion whilst on loan, doing quite a decent job whilst here, and then moving on to further his career and earnings.

When we played at Southampton all their fans I spoke to at the match were pleasant, knowledgeable and fair in their assessment of both clubs' prospects.

Some people need to grow up or develop a thicker skin, because like most of us who have supported the Albion know from weary experience, what goes up does come down.

This with bells on!

Ive had a bit of fun at Adkins expense but not once have I had a go at the club or its fans. Banter is fine..... obsession is not.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I don't care about Southampton - most of their fans I've met are nice.
Their physio, Nigel Watkins (why does he keep doing their post-match interviews?), is a bit of a tit though.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Did my best, but gave up halfway through. Somebody is thinking things over way too much and sadly for us, also have the time to post about it on here.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Dear Social Sausage.

Can I have your ticket for the match on Saturday if you don't want it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Some people need to grow up or develop a thicker skin, because like most of us who have supported the Albion know from weary experience, what goes up does come down.

Ain't that the case. I am not even sure Adkins original comments are worth getting upset about. It was a throwaway line - unwise maybe - but at least it was not the same old boring bollocks that most managers manage.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've never posted on a saints forum on on their local paper site.

Prior to the last couple of years they have been a casual irritation although I did support them in the cup final at cardiff in 2003 and certainly did support them in the 1976 final (and maybe in the league cup final against forest in the late 70's or early 80's).

But I must admit that last year and this, I did pay more interest to them. Would I class it as hate? nah not really and if the list below had happened in a division above or below us I probably wouldn't have paid attention. But they have been the joke that just kept on giving the last 20 odd months;

- There is always something inherently funny about a big club playing at a level where many of their fans (at least as a proportion of the ones I know and have met) believe they are too good to be at. Be it Leeds, Sheff Wed, Southampton or Man City a few years ago, the feeling is the same.
- They had Pardew as manager
- Pardew leaves for non football related reasons
- The ten point deduction last year was continually trotted out by my friends as the reason they never went up last year
- They bimble around for a while trying to get a new manager with people turning them down, unable to make their minds up etc
- They ban photographers and incur the backlash of the press
- They have Hammond who despite little or no barracking last year gives it Bertie Big Spuds to us
- In his first game in charge, Poyet and Oatway get into a spat with Dean Wilkins (and we win live on sky despite the fact we should on form have been played off the park)
- They have Harding (who has improved this year) but who had a high self opinion whilst here and had seemed to made some money from moves although was still playing at our level
- We go there, get the kitchen sink thrown at us for 30 mins, soak it up, could have won the game in the second half and then have every saints fan I met in the next week telling me we were negative and a poor side
- Then there was the Adkins comment which in isolation was not much of an irritation at all but was a bit like an annoying scratch when you have your leg in plaster. Not as bad as the original problem but mildly annoying when placed on top
- Finally we win the title ahead of playing them and present their players with the conundram that faced Luton and man Utd in the past. To line a guard of honour or not

But I do want them to go up with us this year (although I will chuckle quietly to myself if they dont) and they can go back to being an irrelevance whilst I renew my dislike of Portsmouth and Palace (if they stay up). I will also say that beating Portsmouth in the cup will give me greater pleasure than if we win on Saturday given there's nothing riding on it for us now.

That's how football is meant to be, a bit of banter, seeing teams doing funny/silly things and a small element of things being blown out of proportion to put an edge into games against other teams. It won't change and it shouldn't change

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Didn't you have anything better to do on a Sunday Sausage? Personally I was getting over a rather large Championship size hangover.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My favourite piece of crap emanating from Southampton was via their chairman, the wonderful Nicola Cortese. He revealed, when Pardew was in charge, that every Saturday morning he played the forthcoming game on his 'match predictor' and that Pardew 'should have done better. That, and the 'Southampton style' (Hoof) summed him up as the prize twat that he is. Could you imagine Bloom chastising Poyet for only beating Walsall 3-1 because his laptop said we should have scored 6? Even those American goons at Man Utd don't play the game out on thier pooters.

I hope we beat them and they stay down because of such idiocy and the fact I have an irrational hatred of Wadkins. That said, it won't ruin a perfect season if we don't.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
that was a LONG post. Links and everything. Must have taken ages.

Couldn't be arsed to read more than the first paragraph, sorry.

But well done. A plus for effort

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Some of what the Sausauge man has written is fair enough, there has been a hell of a lot of SCC info on here in recent weeks, some justified some not. The bottom line is that as a club they have underacheived the last few years, they have had some very good players recently who should have got them out of this league by now, but they have not for one reason or another. I hope they go up, its a 90 min car drive to the new Dell and I would prefer that to a 8 hour round trip to Uddersfield, and makes for an interesting South League next year with SCC,CP, Pompey, Reading, Hammers, Us, Millwall, Watford...........some great games there to look forward too.

A hope a lot of the flack given ut does not come back to bite us on the arse Saturday!!! (not that it matters one bit as we are the Champions!!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here