Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins.....

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Wilkins worries me alot.

Tactics..squad selection..transfers brought in(savage)..consistant playing of henderson even though his performances were very poor..results and players looking like they dont know what their doing is not good!

If by the end of the season its still the same...we should look elsewhere!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Da Man Clay said:
But there clearly isn't that much money there any more!!!

But I've just won 50p from Coca-Cola;that,plus £160k means we could sign John Hartson from West Brom.

He gets my vote.

Speaks sense, seldom uses excuses, is getting the team to creats chances but it's NOT his fault they aren't being taken.

The defence is looking much stronger and we have kept 3 clean sheets in a row.

The new intake this week is better than I was expecting and the difference between relegation and mid table mediocrity is the width of a post.

Next two games are going to be tough but so is the rest of the season so get behind him and the team.

I certainly will on saturday after a few :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap: :clap: :clap:

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Even Jose would be unable to make much difference on the cash available to our manager.DK took the cheap option,by appointing a manager without previous experience at a time when the very experienced McGhee was floundering.It was interesting that after a few matches when Dean was in temporary charge and the team was doing quite well DK stated he would not make a quick decision on making the appointment final as he did not want to have another Hinslewood situation,yet after a run of below par results Dean was given the job.
I thought at the time that he had been doing a fine job with the youngsters and accepting the top job could well blow up in his face,as DK despite not being able to back him up with the cash required would show him the door, rather than step down himself.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think he is doing a decent enough job, he was left with a young team low on confidence and then went on a horrible run which we got out of and since then we have really lacked consistence which is because we have (had) such a young team. Now that he has been able to bring in players think we get a lot better. Got to remember that Ward, Bertin, Savage had only been here for a day or 2 give them a weeks training and to learn how the others play and it will be a lot better.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Rookie said:
think he is doing a decent enough job, he was left with a young team low on confidence and then went on a horrible run which we got out of and since then we have really lacked consistence which is because we have (had) such a young team. Now that he has been able to bring in players think we get a lot better. Got to remember that Ward, Bertin, Savage had only been here for a day or 2 give them a weeks training and to learn how the others play and it will be a lot better.

Think it will take a while longer than a week but they still will not make the required difference and score goals....

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Was I the only one who thought that Robinsom should have been switched onto the left flank because that left back had his number all game. He was outpaced and out thought on nearly every occasion.

I think Wilkins should be given time but he sometimes seems to miss the obvious. Mind you so did Mcgee for that matter.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
H block said:
Was I the only one who thought that Robinsom should have been switched onto the left flank because that left back had his number all game. He was outpaced and out thought on nearly every occasion.

I think Wilkins should be given time but he sometimes seems to miss the obvious. Mind you so did Mcgee for that matter.

Shouldn't he have been down the middle with Savage? It was a home game and Savage was left alone with the wide players and midfield too far away from him (poor sod). Might work away with the opposition coming at you but never at home where the onus is on you to create. Smells like MM again.

IMHO I would like to see Mickey Adams back. He seemed to be able to bring players in, and also commanded the respect of the players - they always gave 100% for him. Can we say that now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here