Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins.....

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
Of course you are a drunken baffoon, and i've yet to meet anyone that has ever seen you sobre either. :bowdown:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
What suprises me is that Mickey Adams and Steve Coppell were able to bring in experienced players at our level and young potential loanees, but since then no other manager has.

Has the money situation got that worse, has the board room policy changed, is it that our negotiators now, whoever they may be, are not as good as those mentioned.

MA had a massive budget. Not sure about SC though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just think he needs an experienced no 2 to help him..but that old axe must be on the grinding wheel as i'm sure knight won't allow us to drop into the bottom 4

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of who is manager it is patently obvious that the word is out among British professional players that the Albion is a bad place to come, other than apart from a short loan move maybe.

I commend Dean Wilkins for bringing in as many faces as he did before the deadline shut. The Bas Savage signing shows our desperation, and the fact that most of our business seems to be conducted in the last few hours of every window seems to imply good players view us as a last resort.

The difference 3 or 4 years ago was that the club was moving up the league and Falmer was progressing. Now the process has stalled and all but the very staunchest of fans have got Withdean Fatigue.

I say stick with Wilkins, I think he will keep us up and we will emerge a better squad come 2007/08.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Wilkins gives too much repect to the opposition at home...
We are nowhere near aggressive enough, we don't take the game by the scruff of the neck and GO FOR IT.
We never get enough bodies in the box and there certainly isn't enough urgency.
Watching Southampton v Derby on the box this morning showed how a home side SHOULD try.....OK, they lost 1-0, but every player gave their all in an attempt to score.I cannot say the same about us, as hard as i try.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
What suprises me is that Mickey Adams and Steve Coppell were able to bring in experienced players at our level and young potential loanees, but since then no other manager has.

Come on BG what do you class the young Gooner as then ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wilkins still gets my vote of confidence.He should be given a full season to be judged on.He will learn alot from this season and in the summer change the squad to what he see fits

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
algie said:
Wilkins still gets my vote of confidence.He should be given a full season to be judged on.He will learn alot from this season and in the summer change the squad to what he see fits
I just wish he'd get the players to be more aggressive in going forward at home.We will do well away from home as we counter attack well, but we don't want to see that style of play at home, and it won't put bums on seats.

I think the last couple of games should have been points taken, but we are still a bit ineffectual in attack. DW needs to instill a little more confidence and ruthlessness into our forwards. It would do them good as players, and they are capable, but growing out of the habit of scoring.

One idea might be to have a pool, in which the players all put a little fun bet on the table for the one to score the next Albion goal. It might take the pressure off and take some stigma away from hitting the sphere into that rectangular area of the playing field.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
NMH said:
One idea might be to have a pool, in which the players all put a little fun bet on the table for the one to score the next Albion goal.

Are you offering to go where Chas has repeatedly failed? Try asking the Dutchman for money.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck has his signature saying McGhee was like the pikeys on Trisha 'it is always someone else's fault'

Wilkins has learned that one well. Last week it was the players. This week it's the pitch (Sports Argus)

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
Uncle Buck has his signature saying McGhee was like the pikeys on Trisha 'it is always someone else's fault'

Wilkins has learned that one well. Last week it was the players. This week it's the pitch (Sports Argus)

:lolol:

Next week it will be the "excuses" in your signature !!

I know he has limited resources but our lack of goal scoring threat is beyond a joke....we are heading back to Div 2 and I dont think Dean has the experience to stop the slide. ...clean sheets ..great ..but we have failed to beat both Port Vale & Rotherham who are currently the worst form teams in our division !

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Bakesy said:
Wilkins gives too much repect to the opposition at home...
We are nowhere near aggressive enough, we don't take the game by the scruff of the neck and GO FOR IT.
We never get enough bodies in the box and there certainly isn't enough urgency.
Watching Southampton v Derby on the box this morning showed how a home side SHOULD try.....OK, they lost 1-0, but every player gave their all in an attempt to score.I cannot say the same about us, as hard as i try.

I feel we play not to lose rather than trying to win

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never been a great admirer of Ray Wilkins but would it help to perhaps bring him in to help little brother or could it cause too many problems. Would he have more influence in the loan market through his contacts.. Should he be director of football and move Hinshlewood on, I dont know the answer just putting the question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here