Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

BensGrandad said:
Is there some resentment about DW being given the job of 1st team Coach. I dont know just asking!

Yeah that would make sense given McGhee suggested the appointment in the first place.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe its like the Taylor/ Lawrie Mac thing.

All the while Taylor was spouting bullshit from the touchline (can we not knock it etc) you could see from Lawrie Mac that he wanted to distance himself from it.

Maybe Wilkins is doing a Lawrie Mac. Bob Booker is the Phil Neal "yes boss" "yes boss" "yes Boss"

Although I did notice against Crewe that Wilkins was carrying a clipboard.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Virgo's Haircut said:
So, nobody actually knows what Wendy really does?

He's first team coach.

It's what Booker does now that is the mystery, and for that matter how much of the tactics is down to McGhee and how much of it is down to Wilkins. As has already been mentioned, they don't appear to exchange a single word during the game, so it's not as if they are both delivering and agreed set of instructions to the players.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Gritt23 said:
He's first team coach.

It's what Booker does now that is the mystery, and for that matter how much of the tactics is down to McGhee and how much of it is down to Wilkins. As has already been mentioned, they don't appear to exchange a single word during the game, so it's not as if they are both delivering and agreed set of instructions to the players.

Insider has said that Wendy takes training sessions. So does this mean Magoo and the Clipbaord Kid go shopping at ASDA?

At the reserve game in midweek he was clearly runing the show. His coaching technique was excellent trying to encourage the players in a positve fashion and explaining to them WHY they should be doing certain things. He wasn't afraid to bollock where necessary and appeared to have a good rapport with everyone from Guy to the younger players.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
northstandnorth said:
ah E and F blocks

so that is where the traitors and backstabbers sit.i usually get j block.at least they are loyal to the albion

i am one of them:)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
NS Herald said:
At the reserve game in midweek he was clearly runing the show.
Yep, taken over from Booker who now appears to do very little.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Silent Bob said:
Yep, taken over from Booker who now appears to do very little.

He had a cartilege op recently so he hasnt been able to do much.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Race said:
He had a cartilege op recently so he hasnt been able to do much.
Fair enough, I still wonder what his role is now with Wilkins promotion though?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whatever Wilkins may or may not be doing, it's not helping much judging by recent results!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Silent Bob said:
Fair enough, I still wonder what his role is now with Wilkins promotion though?

The same as before, he's MM's right hand man. He still does coaching with the team as well, and dont forget Dean White is now scouting so he's not coaching, so there is plenty to go round!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Virgo's Haircut said:
Insider has said that Wendy takes training sessions. So does this mean Magoo and the Clipbaord Kid go shopping at ASDA?

Of course, LardyJocko clown is too fat to do training, and Booker doesnt want to get his clipboard dirty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here