Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I wanna know what the point of Dean White is.

He seems to travel around the UK and Europe looking at players, which is nice for him, but as we are incapable of signing anyone, what is the point of him? We still have our usual scouts.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
NS Herald said:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He gives good bollockings too!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does Tank think of his coaching style?

More to the point: what do Race and Tank think of the fans voices as expressed through NSC at the moment: It's a long time since I've seen so much despondency. Do you think it's justified?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
NS Herald said:
quote:
He gives good bollockings too!
What does Tank think of his coaching style?

He hasnt been training much with the first team as he's been injured so he's not had the pleasure yet! I heard DW dish out a rollocking during the warm up at the Res game, it was LOUD but straight to the point!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
countrygull said:
More to the point: what do Race and Tank think of the fans voices as expressed through NSC at the moment: It's a long time since I've seen so much despondency. Do you think it's justified?

No problems with voicing your opinions, you have to vent your spleen somewhere. It's hard because you lot see players going to other clubs but the ins and outs of football arent that simple, there is always going to be a reason why a player hasnt signed, but you wont always get to hear it so it's understandable you feel despondant, but at the same time it's the same old reason and that's the club are skint which you dont want to hear, it's a vicious circle. Tank's never been at a club where everything is hunky dory, every club has its good and bad seasons, and of course they want to be winning week in week out just as much as you do.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Race said:
No problems with voicing your opinions, you have to vent your spleen somewhere. It's hard because you lot see players going to other clubs but the ins and outs of football arent that simple, there is always going to be a reason why a player hasnt signed, but you wont always get to hear it so it's understandable you feel despondant, but at the same time it's the same old reason and that's the club are skint which you dont want to hear, it's a vicious circle. Tank's never been at a club where everything is hunky dory, every club has its good and bad seasons, and of course they want to be winning week in week out just as much as you do.

Great post Race: I hope a few people on here read it and put things into perspective. We're not a rich club, never have been, yes we're going through hard times - but not nearly as hard as they have been before. And I bet the majority of bottom half clubs are having similar moans to ours. The sky isn't falling on our heads - not really - and a good win tomorrow will make everything better!!;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wendy booted the waterbottles down the touchline on Sunday, and got a stern telling off from the 4th official. When he turned around, Wendy gave him the finger and threw Bob Bookers flourescent pink scrunchy in the sandpit.

quote:
Originally posted by Race

You should have been a politician - I hear the Labour Party are looking for one !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Race said:
it's the same old reason and that's the club are skint which you dont want to hear
Its not what I want to hear when we've (apparently) been making offers of £150k to Barnet BEFORE getting that £150k in for CKR. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW we're obviously far from being flush in terms of cashflow. But if thats the kind of cash McGhee had to play with in the transfer window, its certainly a lot more more than a number of other clubs in this division who actually DID manage to bolster their squads with some new signings.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Easy 10 said:
Its not what I want to hear when we've (apparently) been making offers of £150k to Barnet BEFORE getting that £150k in for CKR. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW we're obviously far from being flush in terms of cashflow. But if thats the kind of cash McGhee had to play with in the transfer window, its certainly a lot more more than a number of other clubs in this division who actually DID manage to bolster their squads with some new signings.

I dont know why players havent signed for the club but have signed for others, even if there was a bit of money on offer. You can assume lots of reasons for that. £150k to buy a players is one thing but if the contract isnt there to make the player want to sign then you cant make it happen. Some of these other clubs might have had incentives, who knows eh?! I really dont think its anything to do with players not wanting to come and play for the manager.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Race said:
I dont know why players havent signed for the club but have signed for others, even if there was a bit of money on offer. You can assume lots of reasons for that. £150k to buy a players is one thing but if the contract isnt there to make the player want to sign then you cant make it happen. Some of these other clubs might have had incentives, who knows eh?! I really dont think its anything to do with players not wanting to come and play for the manager.
It does seem to be something of a recurring theme of late though doesn't it...I don't recall Coppell, Taylor or Adams having quite so many transfer targets disappear up the swanny, and they've not always had £150k to splash on a signing either. They also managed to bring in a few useful loan signings, which is something else the current incumbent failed at miserably last season, when we were desperate for new faces at the turn of the year. OK we've got Stokes at the moment, but I thought we were already fairly well stocked up with lightweight, ineffectual midfielders, and had more pressing priorities elsewhere in the team.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At half time when the players were coming back for the 2nd half against Crewe I did see that Wilkins was carrying the fabled clipboard so the 'baton' has been passed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here