Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No but I think the biggest shame was losing Ian Chapman from the set up. I could just about tolerate Adams if Chapman was still there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Would you sack adams and give wilkins the job back ?

Are people ever going to get over Wilkins ??? He's gone and isn't coming back - whether you want Adams out is another matter entirely.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sack Adams by all means but bring in a new manager with new ideas to replace him, I liked Wilkins but it's bringing back an ex manager thats dropped us in the shit in the first place.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wilkins back as Youth Coach only, but that'll never happen unless DK apologies!

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
When we sacked Wilkins I was appalled. It showed such shallow leadership that the Chairman was happier to side with a few disgruntled players than stick with an excellent coach who had given us 2 years of clear, tangible progress. But I wouldn't bring him back. I think any managerial project needs 18 months before you can make a decision. I would still give Adams until October next year, even if we are in League 2, to see whether this long term project we were all sold is good or an utter disaster. I know it doesn't look good so far, but some great managers have had poor starts to their tenure but been allowed to turn things around. I know it's been an awful season a Withdean, but we were sold a long term project, so I'm going to give it more time before I call for its termination.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When we sacked Wilkins I was appalled. It showed such shallow leadership that the Chairman was happier to side with a few disgruntled players than stick with an excellent coach who had given us 2 years of clear, tangible progress. But I wouldn't bring him back. I think any managerial project needs 18 months before you can make a decision. I would still give Adams until October next year, even if we are in League 2, to see whether this long term project we were all sold is good or an utter disaster. I know it doesn't look good so far, but some great managers have had poor starts to their tenure but been allowed to turn things around. I know it's been an awful season a Withdean, but we were sold a long term project, so I'm going to give it more time before I call for its termination.

:clap::clap::clap: Possibly the most sensible post in months !

Sack Adams by all means but bring in a new manager with new ideas to replace him, I liked Wilkins but it's bringing back an ex manager, thats dropped us in the shit in the first place.

In that DW is still (I believe) paid by the club - is it such a beck-peddle to re-instate him?

The only thing that I see as a hurdle is the massive humble pie the board would have to consume in the boardroom.

So, risk heading down the league at a crucial time, to a very dangerous place to be (in our circumstances), just to see if a manager who has shown NO signs of turning anything around can work his arse out from his elbow?

:nono:

Like hiring a blind chauffeur for another year to see if his driving improves after your last accident.
Easily the least sensible post so far.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
So, risk heading down the league at a crucial time, to a very dangerous place to be (in our circumstances), just to see if a manager who has shown NO signs of turning anything around can work his arse out from his elbow?

:nono:

Like hiring a blind chauffeur for another year to see if his driving improves after your last accident.
Easily the least sensible post so far.

So you would have sacked Alex Ferguson after his poor start at Manchester United? Or Dario Gradi after a bad period at Crewe? Any serious project takes time. As I said, I was happy with our progress under Dean Wilkins. That looked like a sensible ship that was getting better over time. Micky Adams appears to be throwing all of that away and building a new side from scratch. The decision in the summer was crazy, but it has happened. We can't go back in time and we are where we are.

I still think it is worth seeing where we are when MA has had more time to do it. I sit there every week and despair at the crap we're served up. But I'm also not someone who wants to see manager after manager brought in and only given 6 months before we all turn on them. Otherwise we're just hoping for luck. I apologise (it is the season for apoplogies) if my views are, in your view, crazy and upsetting. But I am one from proper planning and building over time, and not losing your bottle when you go through a sticky period. I suggest a nice walk and some fresh air. It's the weekend after all, try and be happy!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1) We only reverted seven months ago to a former manager and look where it's got us

2) To be honest, if you were Dean Wilkins, would you take it in a million years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here