Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins

Do you LIKE Dean Wilkins?

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Err wait a minute, part of the reason behind the fact that we were not play-off contenders was McGhee, how the Fu@k doyou expect to go anywhere as a team if you fall out with your best players to such an extent that they don't want to play for you and want to leave, CKR, Knight, McCammon for starters for instance.

Arsene Wenger would have struggled with what was left by the end of McGhees disasterous reign, in terms of the quality of the players still available, after McGhee Pissed them all off and they dicided it was better for them to leave than play under him. - name another manager who had players do the same while weve been at Withdean.

Wilkins has done well to rebuild the team from what was left, and to try to get them playing football again, rather than the hoof it to a isolated forwards, surrounded by defenders, but because McGhee has been a manager of another league club, thats alright.

Wilkins has tried to reintroduce the passing game to the team, and you can see the big improvement from last season in terms of the confidence of the players to play this way, whereas before (including under McGhee) it was much more panic hoofing and lack of composure. He needs the time, like Adams had before him, an I believe he can turn this side into challengers for the play-offs this season, and if we fail, serious promotion candidates next.

Err wait a minute

Strange that Motherwell have had the best team spirit ever and he has transformed a team from 10th to 3rd and European contenders maybe, just maybe it was not McGhee's fault by CK-R and Knight everyone has fallen out with and McCammon doesn't count as he was shite.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Err wait a minute, part of the reason behind the fact that we were not play-off contenders was McGhee, how the Fu@k doyou expect to go anywhere as a team if you fall out with your best players to such an extent that they don't want to play for you and want to leave, CKR, Knight, McCammon for starters for instance.

Arsene Wenger would have struggled with what was left by the end of McGhees disasterous reign, in terms of the quality of the players still available, after McGhee Pissed them all off and they dicided it was better for them to leave than play under him. - name another manager who had players do the same while weve been at Withdean.

Wilkins has done well to rebuild the team from what was left, and to try to get them playing football again, rather than the hoof it to a isolated forwards, surrounded by defenders, but because McGhee has been a manager of another league club, thats alright.

Wilkins has tried to reintroduce the passing game to the team, and you can see the big improvement from last season in terms of the confidence of the players to play this way, whereas before (including under McGhee) it was much more panic hoofing and lack of composure. He needs the time, like Adams had before him, an I believe he can turn this side into challengers for the play-offs this season, and if we fail, serious promotion candidates next.

Keep saying it enough times and people will believe it.

Half of the team (not including the 3 on the bench) yesterday, played under McGhee.
Dec 2006 - a full three months after McGhee left, Wilkins had us in 10th place and four points within the play offs. Not bad for a squad decimated by McGhee and not added to by Wilkins?
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10433~20061209,00.html

And its not like Wilkins to fall out with players is it ? What about Cox and Robinson and the way he has treated Mayo and Hart ?
The FACTS don't lie, Wilkins DIRE football is EMPTYING Withdean :angry::angry::angry:

I realize you are just a clown (who's not, by the way, even slightly amusing), but it might be worth noting despite that, that Cox and Robinson are, to all intents and purposes, Wilkins' youth team players. So, they are both tangible successes.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
People need to accept that Mayo and Hart are at the end of their playing time at albion - it happens - there are players that i have been sad to see go but you can't keep playing a player because you like them and they have been loyal to the club - and the end of the day we need to be aiming to win games - and as people have posted on here before Cox and Jake have fallen out with Dean because of their own attitude - and before anyone starts ranting - they have admitted it themselves - Just for the record I do like Jake and Coxy so i am not critiscing them at all

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
People need to accept that Mayo and Hart are at the end of their playing time at albion - it happens - there are players that i have been sad to see go but you can't keep playing a player because you like them and they have been loyal to the club - and the end of the day we need to be aiming to win games - and as people have posted on here before Cox and Jake have fallen out with Dean because of their own attitude - and before anyone starts ranting - they have admitted it themselves - Just for the record I do like Jake and Coxy so i am not critiscing them at all

So its ok for Wilkins to fall out with Cox and Robinson because of their attitude but not ok for McGhee to fall out with Knight and CKR because of theirs ?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
No it not ok but it is like any job if the employee has not got the right attitude then it needs to be dealt with - it happens no differently where i work it is just the publicity is not there - at the end of the day Coxy and Jake have both said they were wrong

So its ok for Wilkins to fall out with Cox and Robinson because of their attitude but not ok for McGhee to fall out with Knight and CKR because of theirs ?

If this is even worth adjusting your pisspoor lack of insight about - Knight and CKR were irretrievably alienated to the point of no use to the team, and finally to the extreme that they were worthless in every respect (as useful players, and as sale-able assets).

The same does not apply to Cox or Robinson in the slightest. Plus, you have yet to see Wilkins giving his one-sided accounts about players' mistakes or foibles in the Argus.

Good attempt at actual debate or football opinion Ernest, but keep trying.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I do LIKE Deano, think he might have to read up on Substitutions and the best times to do them though :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here