• Yes

Votes: 141 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Got to be ipswich- and brentford corner-kick.

Never the most popular of players- but excellent passer.

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
I remmember Deano , he was a very intelagent player with a very good left foot , no pace though and bottled most 50/50's.
Will never forget the feeling seeing the ball hit the net against Ipswich then being swept onto the pitch by crowd surge , those were the days:bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bristolseagull said:
Never the most popular of players
No, because he "didn't get stuck in", as I recall - funny how he's being praised for his "passion" now, of course, while the same set of people used to give him grief for the exact opposite 15 years ago.

I really HATE that word "passion" in a footballing context. It's for brain donors.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wasn't exactly a classic moment, but the one that sticks out for me was against Port Vale, last game of the season in which Liam Brady arrived and turned our fortunes around (and incidentally my first season as a young Albion fan). 3-0 down, they were getting promoted, but put in a blinding free-kick towards the end, just to end a great season with a smile.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
he was pretty rubbish, used to get picked because he was blatantly teachers pet on the training ground(this has served him well!).

He was so inconsistant, and like all "flair" players went missing when the chips were down.

Poor mans Darren Currie

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yes - and was one of my top 3 players seen since 1987.

Favourite moment was a belter of a half volley against Wolves in 1989 (1-1) at the Goldstone.

To be fair he used to get a shit load of unwarranted abuse from the North Stand at times... i'm sure I once saw him give it the 'up yours' to them after a particularly classy bit of play.

Him being injured for virtually the whole season after the 1991 play off final was a massive reason why we were relegated - Les Briley was just no comparison.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
ATFC Seagull said:
Wasn't exactly a classic moment, but the one that sticks out for me was against Port Vale, last game of the season in which Liam Brady arrived and turned our fortunes around (and incidentally my first season as a young Albion fan). 3-0 down, they were getting promoted, but put in a blinding free-kick towards the end, just to end a great season with a smile.

Yeah I was in line with that goal.. cracking free kick was going right down my throat if it wasn't for the onion bag.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
DAMANCLAY said:
I didn't see him play either:down:
The third vote belongs to London Irish, I guess...

Man of Harveys said:
I really HATE that word "passion" in a footballing context. It's for brain donors.

Peter Cook absolutely nailed it with his Alan Latchley satire a good ten years ago. But it still sadly remains the biggest footballing cliche.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Knightsworld said:
I remember him.

Did he score 2 goals at Chester in the Division 3 promotion year? I think the game was played on a bank holiday and Keith Dublin got sent off.

Yes, I believe you are right, I remember that game, really long walk back to the railway station and heard that Bristol Rovers had beaten Notts County meaning we could still get promotion, on the train home

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Are we passing the rose tinted specs around. He was a good player but was also a bit of a tart.

The Ipswich goal was good though.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
London Irish said:
Peter Cook absolutely nailed it with his Alan Latchley satire a good ten years ago.
Very true - that sadly underseen sketch needs to be watched by anyone, fan or chairman, considering reemploying Peter Reid, if such a beast exists.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Should add - just to be a pedant - that the Brentford 'corner' goal wasn't a corner. He mishit the corner which came back to him, and his subsequent cross went straight in....

That was also the day the poor lad at Brentford called Dean Martin got some stick for having died earlier in the day.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lets face it he would walk into our side at present.
He was doing the business as it were at the top end of the championship.

Had one of the best left foots your likely to see.

Couldnt tackle for toffee. But sure could pass and take a free kick.

I thought his free kick in the 6-1 drubbing we got on astro turf at Oldham was better than the Ipswich one, probably the large amount of lager i had drunk by then though made it better, and the conga around the away terrace in celebration.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Marshy said:
Lets face it he would walk into our side at present.
He was doing the business as it were at the top end of the championship.

Had one of the best left foots your likely to see.

Couldnt tackle for toffee. But sure could pass and take a free kick.

funny, how he was so good, yet no one ever came in for him???

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
saw him score 2 to put us into an unassailable lead at Chester - until they came back and equalised!! But yes - THAT goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here